Fiance Visa - self employed - documents to provide
Greenstone
Posted 2017-05-30 7:40 PM (#90986)
Subject: Fiance Visa - self employed - documents to provide

Hello all (again),
I am self employed, what documents do I need to prove this and that I earn the required income for my girlfriend to successfully apply for Fiance Visa. Also, due to the vastness of the documentation required for self employed people like me, is it worth employing an agent to submit my documentation & application? If so what is the cost and can anybody recommend someone?
Greenstone
Posted 2017-06-06 11:20 AM (#91001 - in reply to #90986)
Subject: Re: Fiance Visa - self employed - documents to provide

Hi again, can anyone provide a definitive list of documents to provide ? Should I use an agent ?
y-ola
Posted 2017-06-06 5:09 PM (#91002 - in reply to #91001)

Elite Veteran

get married in Russia then apply for visa, your accountant will be able to provide certified acounts for the visa then
Emily873
Posted 2017-09-08 10:48 AM (#91532 - in reply to #90986)

For the Financial Requirement section:

- Brief letter stating the nature of you self-employment

- Evidence of the amount of tax payable, paid and unpaid for the last full financial year

- Proof of registration with HMRC as self-employed

- Unique tax reference number UTR (There is no document for this but the UTR number appears on the HMRC letters so that is fine)

- Personal bank statements for the same 12-month period as the tax return showing that the income from self-employment has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly – need full bank statements for each month of tax year period

- Evidence of ongoing self-employment through evidence of payment of Class 2 National Insurance contributions

- Unaudited accounts for the last full financial year and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation, from an accountant who is a member of a UK Recognised Supervisory Body (as defined in the Companies Act 2006) Basically all you need do is insure that the accountant puts their credentials (ICAEW) and membership number at the bottom of the letter next to where they sign. I paid an accountant £150 for this letter but you must insure they are a fully qualified accountant member of the ICAEW (or other allowed body) otherwise the letter is worthless!! There are lots of qualified accountants in the UK that will be able to do this for you. Basically you need to provide them with your income statement calculations which you used to fill out your tax return from that they can draft you a letter containing these calculations and saying they confirm the calculations based on the information you provided them with)
Greenstone
Posted 2017-10-17 10:07 PM (#91658 - in reply to #91532)

thanks so much emily