getting married in Russia or in UK?
Greenstone
Posted 2017-07-29 11:51 AM (#91304)
Subject: getting married in Russia or in UK?

Hi again, what are the benefits to getting married to my russian girlfriend in Russia as opposed to UK?
Would one of the reasons be visa processing costs? i.e. instead of applying for Fiance visa you apply for Spouse visa (is this cost smaller and quicker and less onerous?)
What are the processing times Fiance Visa versus Spouse Visa?
Do you need A1 English language test pass for Spouse Visa?
Being the man and taking ownership, what do I have to do to arrange a wedding in Russia to satisfy visa application requirements?
y-ola
Posted 2017-07-29 5:53 PM (#91305 - in reply to #91304)
Subject: Re: getting married in Russia or in UK?

Elite Veteran

its a lot simpler in Russia
Greenstone
Posted 2017-07-30 9:03 PM (#91306 - in reply to #91304)
Subject: RE: getting married in Russia or in UK?

....anyone know why?...with a comprehensive answer?
Rasboinik
Posted 2017-07-31 10:17 AM (#91310 - in reply to #91306)
Subject: RE: getting married in Russia or in UK?

Expert

It is a lot easier to get married in Russia than in the UK.

On a different note your Russian Girlfriend will prefer to be able to invite all her family and all her friends to the marriage ceremony and that will not be able to happen if the marriage is in the UK.

The documents that you need to provied  when registering in the ZAGS to get married in Russia are:
If you have you been married before you'll need a copy of your decree absolute.
You will need a CNI from a registry office, be aware that he CNI will only be valid in Russia for 90 days since the issue date..

All documents need to be apostilled and then translated (the document and the apostile).

With regards to the translation some ZAGS can be funny and demand that the translation is done by a local translator (specified by the ZAGS office) therefore it is best to check with the ZAGS office which translation will be acceptable.

HTH
Emily873
Posted 2017-09-08 10:37 AM (#91531 - in reply to #91304)
Subject: Re: getting married in Russia or in UK?

I have a Russian partner too, but we plan to get married in the UK instead, we both feel like it could be easier in a sense. However seeing as your wife is the Russian citizen, i agree with the previous comment that your wife's family and friends would be able to join her on her special day which is great.