Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Random quote: Any idiot can face a crisis, it is this day-to-day living that wears you out - Anton Chekhov
- (Added by: Chris)

Questions regarding visa registration in a private apartment
Moderators: nickomsk, TonyH, Chris, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Visas -> Visa registrationMessage format

CDG
Posted 2009-05-25 4:16 PM (#22205)
Subject: Questions regarding visa registration in a private apartment
Expert

Hi there. Normally when I go to St Petersburg I rent an apartment and my russian girlfriend stays with me, the apartment owner registers my business visa for me before returning my passport later.

In the future I will be staying at my girlfriends apartment (she's moved apartment last month) and registering my own visa.

So my question is - If I went to St Petersburg on a Saturday and came back home on a Wednesday should I register my visa?

I can remember seeing a post about needing to be in Russia for 3 working days? Is this 3 full working days?

Lastly, any places near Nevsky Prospect where I may register it and how easy is it to register? I have a 12 month multi trip business visa, do I just take my passport somewhere and get it back immediately or is it a bit more complex?

Cheers in advance

TonyH
Posted 2009-05-25 5:02 PM (#22215 - in reply to #22205)
Subject: Re: Question regarding visa

Expert

See RR's partner offices on Nevsky P.... And it's 3 full working days... So I would say no need if you left on Wednesday
CDG
Posted 2009-05-25 5:15 PM (#22222 - in reply to #22215)
Expert

TonyH - 2009-05-25 5:02 PM

See RR's partner offices on Nevsky P.... And it's 3 full working days... So I would say no need if you left on Wednesday

Thanks Tony.

Where do I find the contact information for Real Russia's partner office?

Can they assist with application forms for invites to the UK?

Now we've been away to Thailand together this is going to be our next step.

Edited by CDG 2009-05-25 5:16 PM
TonyH
Posted 2009-05-25 5:23 PM (#22233 - in reply to #22205)

Expert

Partner office contact details are on the contacts page off of the home page. You'll need to speak to real Russia direct for uk visa help
CDG
Posted 2009-05-26 2:02 AM (#22278 - in reply to #22233)
Expert

TonyH - 2009-05-25 5:23 PM

Partner office contact details are on the contacts page off of the home page. You'll need to speak to real Russia direct for uk visa help

Found them, thanks for your help Tony.
GaryM
Posted 2009-05-26 2:24 PM (#22285 - in reply to #22205)
Subject: RE: Question regarding visa
Expert

I always used to use a visa registration agency to register my visa but on the last 2 occasions I've registered / de-registered using the post office at Pulkovo airport which is much cheaper and surprisingly easy to do. Because it's all done at the airport it also means you do it all on your way in and on your way back out again without the need to make a special trip to a registration agency which for us means a special trip into the city. For this to work however you need to arrive and depart on a day which doesn't fall on a Sunday (or another non-working day) because the post office isn't open on non-working days.

The trick is that you need your girlfriend to meet you at the airport (which I'm sure she will probably be doing anyway) because she will need her internal passport in order to register you and it is her that needs to actually fill out the forms and register you. The post office is on the first floor of the departures building. Therefore, when you arrive you will need to go out of the arrivals building, turn left and keep walking until you get to the departures building then go up to the second floor where you see it at the far end after getting to the top of the escalator/stairs. They have a photocopier there so will be able photocopy all the documents they need a copy of. I actually take printed out scans of my own passport and visa to save a little on the cost of some photocopies but they will still need to photocopy your girlfriends passport and your filled in migration card. If your girlfriend can also print out and fill in the registration for beforehand then that also saves time. There is a downloadable copy on the web so I will try and find it for you and post up a link. Once registration forms have been completed, you will then get handed the stamped registration slip which you need to keep safe.

When you leave again you simply visit the same post office again on your way out and get the stamped registration slip sent off so you will get properly de-registered.

It takes about 15-20 mins to register on the way in and less time to send off the de-registration slip on the way out. The cost using the post office is about £8 as opposed to £20 using an agency (plus any costs and time spent getting to and from the registration agency). If you visit SPb regularly then doing it this way can save quite a bit of money in the long term and these days it certainly isn't difficult to do yourself like it was in the past.
CDG
Posted 2009-05-26 4:13 PM (#22289 - in reply to #22285)
Expert

GaryM - 2009-05-26 2:24 PM

I always used to use a visa registration agency to register my visa but on the last 2 occasions I've registered / de-registered using the post office at Pulkovo airport which is much cheaper and surprisingly easy to do. Because it's all done at the airport it also means you do it all on your way in and on your way back out again without the need to make a special trip to a registration agency which for us means a special trip into the city. For this to work however you need to arrive and depart on a day which doesn't fall on a Sunday (or another non-working day) because the post office isn't open on non-working days.

The trick is that you need your girlfriend to meet you at the airport (which I'm sure she will probably be doing anyway) because she will need her internal passport in order to register you and it is her that needs to actually fill out the forms and register you. The post office is on the first floor of the departures building. Therefore, when you arrive you will need to go out of the arrivals building, turn left and keep walking until you get to the departures building then go up to the second floor where you see it at the far end after getting to the top of the escalator/stairs. They have a photocopier there so will be able photocopy all the documents they need a copy of. I actually take printed out scans of my own passport and visa to save a little on the cost of some photocopies but they will still need to photocopy your girlfriends passport and your filled in migration card. If your girlfriend can also print out and fill in the registration for beforehand then that also saves time. There is a downloadable copy on the web so I will try and find it for you and post up a link. Once registration forms have been completed, you will then get handed the stamped registration slip which you need to keep safe.

When you leave again you simply visit the same post office again on your way out and get the stamped registration slip sent off so you will get properly de-registered.

It takes about 15-20 mins to register on the way in and less time to send off the de-registration slip on the way out. The cost using the post office is about £8 as opposed to £20 using an agency (plus any costs and time spent getting to and from the registration agency). If you visit SPb regularly then doing it this way can save quite a bit of money in the long term and these days it certainly isn't difficult to do yourself like it was in the past.

Cheers for all this information Gary, very helpful.)

I'm more than likely to be returning back to England on a Sunday so that snookers that idea(

Is it 100% certain that If i arrive in Pulkova on a Wednesday (probably be around 17:00) and return on a Sunday I definately don't need to register my business visa? How do they know I haven't been here for 3 full working days, I don't think there is a time on the stamp for when you arrive although I haven't got my passport at hand to check.

I don't want to risk causing myself problems in the future.

Cheers.

Michael
Posted 2009-05-26 5:23 PM (#22292 - in reply to #22289)
Extreme Veteran

Yes: wholly certain. On that basis, no need to register.

None at all.

Michael
Rasboinik
Posted 2009-06-09 11:58 PM (#22651 - in reply to #22285)

Expert

GaryM - 2009-05-27 12:24 AM

There is a downloadable copy on the web so I will try and find it for you and post up a link.

Gary the link that you are looking for
Option 1
http://www.realrussia.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=2191&p...
Option 2
http://blogs.waytorussia.net/item/59

Both links do lead to the same place (in the end)

Maybe we can get the moderators to post a permanent link on the forum
GaryM
Posted 2009-07-27 5:49 PM (#24676 - in reply to #22285)
Expert

I almost forgot I said I was going to post the link in this thread so for completeness and as promised, this is the link to the official Visa Registration Form on the Russian Post Office website...

http://fc.russianpost.ru/Download/Raznoe/UtvForm_Notification.doc

If you want to fill this in before visiting the Post Office then simply download and print it off just before you need to use it and you will always then be sure that you're using the most up-to-date version of the form
GaryM
Posted 2018-03-25 1:29 PM (#92583 - in reply to #24676)
Expert

The link to the document in my above post (#24676) now appears to be dead.

A alternative link to a PDF version of the same document can instead be found on the official Russian UFMS website here...

https://xn--b1ab2a0a.xn--b1aew.xn--p1ai/upload/site1/gosuslugi/uvedo...
CDG
Posted 2018-03-25 7:39 PM (#92586 - in reply to #22205)
Subject: Re: Questions regarding visa registration in a private apartment
Expert

Wow this is like a time machine, seems like years ago and it was!

Married 8 years in September, no doubt it would have been exceptionally difficult without real Russia and most crucially the forum members. This has included a visitor visa rejection for my wife around 2009 she was my girlfriend then, advice about our wedding and spouse visa and her parents both coming over to visit us in 2013.

Ch eers!

Edited by CDG 2018-03-25 7:41 PM
Mel
Posted 2018-03-26 12:56 PM (#92592 - in reply to #92586)
Subject: Re: Questions regarding visa registration in a private apartment

Expert

CDG - 2018-03-26 12:39 AM Wow this is like a time machine, seems like years ago and it was! Married 8 years in September, no doubt it would have been exceptionally difficult without real Russia and most crucially the forum members. This has included a visitor visa rejection for my wife around 2009 she was my girlfriend then, advice about our wedding and spouse visa and her parents both coming over to visit us in 2013. Ch eers!

Has there been the pitter patter of tiny little feets yet?? or is it a NO show...?? 

Luv from Melvyn with a Y..  

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)