Real Russia — Hotels, Trains, Visas, Tours, Trans-siberian experts
Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Random quote: The most beautiful words in the English langauge are 'not guilty' - Maxim Gorky
- (Added by: Chris)

Renewing Russian Passport and Internal passport
Moderators: DeaconStreet, nickomsk, TonyH, Chris

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Real Russia -> Practicalities and adviceMessage format

Kai
Posted 2009-07-04 9:02 AM (#23811)
Subject: Renewing Russian Passport and Internal passport

Veteran

Hi everyone,

Just a few questions for those of you who have gone through this problem. My wife needs to renew her international passport and her internal passport is about 4 years out of date.

1. Am I right in assuming that it takes about 4-6 weeks to renew an international passport via the embassy in London?

2. Do they require an internal passport as part of the renewal process?

3. Can you also renew your internal passport via the embassy or is that a go home to Russia job.

4. How long does that take?

5. Will they fine her/take santions against her as she never renewed her internal passport 4 years ago?

Thanks in anticipation.

Kai
Mel
Posted 2009-07-04 9:07 AM (#23814 - in reply to #23811)
Subject: RE: Renewing Russian Passport and Internal passport

Expert

Kai - 2009-07-04 2:02 PM Hi everyone, Just a few questions for those of you who have gone through this problem. My wife needs to renew her international passport and her internal passport is about 4 years out of date. 1. Am I right in assuming that it takes about 4-6 weeks to renew an international passport via the embassy in London? 2. Do they require an internal passport as part of the renewal process? 3. Can you also renew your internal passport via the embassy or is that a go home to Russia job. 4. How long does that take? 5. Will they fine her/take santions against her as she never renewed her internal passport 4 years ago? Thanks in anticipation. Kai

Russian international passport is renewable at the Embassy, my step-daughters took 3 months in jan this year..

They do not need the internal passport to my knowledge..

Internal passport can only be renewed in russia, we have got that problem now with my step-daughter..

We anticipate that it will take about 3-4 weeks especially as it is a couple of years out of date..

We also anticipate that we must pay quiet a heavy fine for her...

Hope this helps, will be able to give exact answer after the end of aug 09..

Good luck.

ianf7525
Posted 2009-07-04 9:11 AM (#23817 - in reply to #23814)
Elite Veteran

Mel - 2009-07-04 9:07 AM

Kai - 2009-07-04 2:02 PM Hi everyone, Just a few questions for those of you who have gone through this problem. My wife needs to renew her international passport and her internal passport is about 4 years out of date. 1. Am I right in assuming that it takes about 4-6 weeks to renew an international passport via the embassy in London? 2. Do they require an internal passport as part of the renewal process? 3. Can you also renew your internal passport via the embassy or is that a go home to Russia job. 4. How long does that take? 5. Will they fine her/take santions against her as she never renewed her internal passport 4 years ago? Thanks in anticipation. Kai

Russian international passport is renewable at the Embassy, my step-daughters took 3 months in jan this year..

Internal passport can only be renewed in russia, we have got that problem now with my step-daughter..

We anticipate that it will take about 3-4 weeks especially as it is a couple of years out of date..

Good luck.

Yep, can confirm thats about the time it takes for internal passport. Olga did hers last time we were there, took 3 weeks and she got a fine of just over 1,000 rubles for being late with notification.

Mel
Posted 2009-07-04 9:16 AM (#23819 - in reply to #23817)

Expert

ianf7525 - 2009-07-04 2:11 PM
Mel - 2009-07-04 9:07 AM

Good luck.

Yep, can confirm thats about the time it takes for internal passport. Olga did hers last time we were there, took 3 weeks and she got a fine of just over 1,000 rubles for being late with notification.

Hope we get a 1,000 rouble fine (pretty please)

Edited by Mel 2009-07-04 9:17 AM
Kai
Posted 2009-07-04 9:21 AM (#23821 - in reply to #23819)
Subject: Re: Renewing Russian Passport and Internal passport

Veteran

Blimee that was quick. Thanks chaps. A couple more questions.

1. I presume that you need to make an appointment at the embassy?

2. If yes, does that take days, weeks or months?

3. What documents does she need to bring along to renew the passport?

Kai
Mel
Posted 2009-07-04 9:24 AM (#23822 - in reply to #23821)

Expert

Kai - 2009-07-04 2:21 PM Blimee that was quick. Thanks chaps. A couple more questions. 1. I presume that you need to make an appointment at the embassy? 2. If yes, does that take days, weeks or months? 3. What documents does she need to bring along to renew the passport? Kai

1, yes..

2, dont know.

3, dont know.

Sorry, cant help any further...

Kai
Posted 2009-07-04 9:28 AM (#23823 - in reply to #23822)

Veteran

Thanks Mel.

Kai
ianf7525
Posted 2009-07-04 10:56 AM (#23830 - in reply to #23823)
Elite Veteran

Kai

I'm informed that all the information you should need is here .......

http://www.rusemblon.org/ShowArticleAsPage.aspx?ID=11

Although it states the internal passport itself is not required, the information on the internal passport needs to be filled in on the application form for international passport.

Hope that helps a bit?

Kai
Posted 2009-07-04 1:47 PM (#23836 - in reply to #23830)

Veteran

Thanks Ian.

Kai

Nobleplus
Posted 2009-09-03 12:15 AM (#25843 - in reply to #23830)
New User

Hi,
Read with interest the thread. My wife is Russian and after booking a trip to Russia in October now realises her Russian passport has run out (I have applied for a tourist visa). I shown her the link you gave but she is confused on what form to fill in. Also, is there any way she can get this hurried up e.g by visiting the embassy personally? Is there any companies that can offer assistance? She has dual nationality and could go to Russia on her British passport but thinks they may not give her a visa if she is a Russian citizen. Any thoughts anyone as you can appreciate now that we do not have a lot of time?
Thanks.
55North
Posted 2009-09-03 12:52 AM (#25844 - in reply to #23811)

Extreme Veteran

My wife has to send her internal passport 'home' for renewal, and to de-register her last home in Russia.

What will go on her registration page now that she is domiciled in England?

She will also be changing to her married name, which will not yet be reflected in her International passport. Is that a problem.

Thanks in advance.

Nick
TonyH
Posted 2009-09-03 7:14 AM (#25847 - in reply to #25843)

Expert

As a russian citizen she will not get a visa in her uk passport... She is required to travel and enter russia on her Russian passport. See the link to 'do I need a visa' on this web site. Also says it on Russia consulate site. Sorry.
Tika
Posted 2009-09-03 9:23 AM (#25852 - in reply to #23811)
Regular

there's a form on the embassy site you need to feel before visiting the embassy (10 days before visiting)
also you need to tell them why you changing it (if you are a resident in the UK you can ask them to be registered in the UK within the Embassy).

Nick where's she changing her name? Russia? And I dont think it's a problem as I have my internal one on my married name and international one is still or my maiden name (eventually I'll have to change it as well)
55North
Posted 2009-09-03 8:27 PM (#25882 - in reply to #23811)

Extreme Veteran

Thanks for that Tika. I think that's just what Alla wants to know.
DeaconStreet
Posted 2010-04-13 12:29 PM (#32720 - in reply to #23811)

Expert

Greetings one and all :-) Hope that everyone is well

I'd like to rejuvenate this post.. just to find out how folks got on with the internal passport (fines and all)

Tania's getting very adjusted to life in the UK and we're both as happy as can be :-) Time to visit Lermontov soon and Tania's internal passport has just expired. So, I'm understanding from this thread that she can only get this renewed in Russia and with a fine (albeit small?)

Whats the approximate timescale of replacing this in Russia and the processes involved? We'd like to go and also return together, but work commitments mean that I cannot stay more than 2 weeks. Would we be safer, coming back separately and allowing one month to get the internal passport safely organised?

Mel, what was the cost of the fine in the end please?

thanks to one and all
Mel
Posted 2010-04-13 3:44 PM (#32722 - in reply to #32720)

Expert

DeaconStreet - 2010-04-13 5:29 PM Greetings one and all :-) Hope that everyone is well I'd like to rejuvenate this post.. just to find out how folks got on with the internal passport (fines and all) Tania's getting very adjusted to life in the UK and we're both as happy as can be :-) Time to visit Lermontov soon and Tania's internal passport has just expired. So, I'm understanding from this thread that she can only get this renewed in Russia and with a fine (albeit small?) Whats the approximate timescale of replacing this in Russia and the processes involved? We'd like to go and also return together, but work commitments mean that I cannot stay more than 2 weeks. Would we be safer, coming back separately and allowing one month to get the internal passport safely organised? Mel, what was the cost of the fine in the end please? thanks to one and all

Well welcome back stranger......

Glad to hear ure both well and enjoying life together (As well as each other)...

Yep, got the daughter a new internal passport, it took just under 2 weeks, 9 working days in fact, and NO fine am pleased to say, left me that little bit extra for a little drinkie poos.........

Would think that Tania's internal passport would be well ready within your allotted time frams, but do not know what things are like in officialdom where she's from, if you plan with a month, then getting one quicker will be an added bonus........

Good luck, and keep us informed......

Mel
Posted 2010-04-13 3:45 PM (#32723 - in reply to #32722)

Expert

Mel - 2010-04-13 8:44 PM

DeaconStreet - 2010-04-13 5:29 PM Greetings one and all :-) Hope that everyone is well I'd like to rejuvenate this post.. just to find out how folks got on with the internal passport (fines and all) Tania's getting very adjusted to life in the UK and we're both as happy as can be :-) Time to visit Lermontov soon and Tania's internal passport has just expired. So, I'm understanding from this thread that she can only get this renewed in Russia and with a fine (albeit small?) Whats the approximate timescale of replacing this in Russia and the processes involved? We'd like to go and also return together, but work commitments mean that I cannot stay more than 2 weeks. Would we be safer, coming back separately and allowing one month to get the internal passport safely organised? Mel, what was the cost of the fine in the end please? thanks to one and all

Sorry forgot to re-iterate, she can only renew the internal passport in Russia....

Edited by Mel 2010-04-13 3:48 PM
Rasboinik
Posted 2016-04-07 1:15 PM (#66476 - in reply to #23811)

Expert

Champion1 - 2016-04-07 7:26 PM I'm understanding from this thread that she can only get this renewed in Russia and with a fine (albeit small?) Whats the approximate timescale of replacing this in Russia and the processes involved???? Ali

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Renewing the Russian Internal Passport takes about 30 days.
A Russian Internal passport can only be renewed in the area where the person is registered.

senwd
Posted 2017-03-13 10:00 PM (#89917 - in reply to #23811)
Extreme Veteran

Thread resurrection time again...(and quite a while since my last post, so evenin' all)

The doch is overdue for her internal passport renewal.

Do the same rules apply - only possible to renew within Russia (at place of registration)? Still takes about 1 month?

TIA
Mel
Posted 2017-03-14 7:34 AM (#89919 - in reply to #89917)

Expert

senwd - 2017-03-14 3:00 AM Thread resurrection time again...(and quite a while since my last post, so evenin' all) The doch is overdue for her internal passport renewal. Do the same rules apply - only possible to renew within Russia (at place of registration)? Still takes about 1 month? TIA

Welcome home....  

Yep, only possible in Russia, and yep, takes about a month..

Plus being overdue, might attract a admin fine of about 100r...

But, wouldn't suggest that a special trip is made just to renew it, it can be done at next proposed visit, and think its also possible for someone else (with a power of attorney) to collect it when its ready...(Can check that if you wish)..

HTH 

senwd
Posted 2017-03-16 11:43 PM (#89989 - in reply to #23811)
Extreme Veteran

Hello Mel

Hope all is well with you.

Thanks for the reply.

The doch is just about to finish Uni (time files!!) so we'll probably try and fit this in with a Summer hols visit back to the grandparents.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)