Real Russia — Hotels, Trains, Visas, Tours, Trans-siberian experts
Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Random quote: Credit Card and Debit Card For All Country Hit me c9999most@gmail.com
- (Added by: cardumps)

UK TV in St Petersburg
Moderators: DeaconStreet, nickomsk, TonyH, Chris

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Real Russia -> Living in RussiaMessage format

IanJ
Posted 2016-06-29 5:25 PM (#82708)
Subject: UK TV in St Petersburg

hello,

Apologies if this has been answered before (I did search but can't find a thread about it).

My wife and I will be moving to SPB towards the end of this year, and I am starting to realise all those things I will miss about the UK!

One of these things is access to BBC1, BBC2, BBC4 on TV.

At the moment when in SPB I use our work VPN to get access via iPlayer on my laptop, which I don't feel too guilty about, because I still pay my TV license in the UK.

When living in SPB I will no longer have access to my work VPN.

I have heard that the BBC is cracking down on people using VPN to spoof UK IP addresses, so I am wondering if there is a more bona fide way of getting UK TV in Russia. I saw adverts for Sky TV in SPB (with packages including BBC/ITV etc), but I think this is probably using fake SKYTV cards and pointing your satellite dish in the right direction.

Any suggestions you have, gratefully received!

Regards

Ian

Mel
Posted 2016-06-29 8:50 PM (#82711 - in reply to #82708)
Subject: RE: UK TV in St Petersburg

Expert

IanJ - 2016-06-29 10:25 PM hello, Apologies if this has been answered before (I did search but can't find a thread about it). My wife and I will be moving to SPB towards the end of this year, and I am starting to realise all those things I will miss about the UK! One of these things is access to BBC1, BBC2, BBC4 on TV. At the moment when in SPB I use our work VPN to get access via iPlayer on my laptop, which I don't feel too guilty about, because I still pay my TV license in the UK. When living in SPB I will no longer have access to my work VPN. I have heard that the BBC is cracking down on people using VPN to spoof UK IP addresses, so I am wondering if there is a more bona fide way of getting UK TV in Russia. I saw adverts for Sky TV in SPB (with packages including BBC/ITV etc), but I think this is probably using fake SKYTV cards and pointing your satellite dish in the right direction. Any suggestions you have, gratefully received! Regards Ian

Hi, I use a UK vpn without any problem.. 

delilah
Posted 2016-12-22 11:44 AM (#88417 - in reply to #82708)
Subject: Re: UK TV in St Petersburg

Following this question for the future..i think its an important question(s).
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)