Real Russia — Hotels, Trains, Visas, Tours, Trans-siberian experts
Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Random quote: Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security.-Benjamin Franklin
- (Added by: tea42)

Visa Registration and staying private accomodation
Moderators: nickomsk, TonyH, Chris, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Visas -> Visa registrationMessage format

LizS
Posted 2016-07-31 2:56 AM (#84543)
Subject: Visa Registration and staying private accomodation
New User

We have received our Russian Visas (tourist), we are in St Petersburg for 5 nights and Moscow 3 nights (arrive Sunday leave Monday). From my understanding we then do not need to register as we are not in Russia 7 working days. Have I understood the rules correctly.

We arrive St Petersburg Sunday 25th September and leave Moscow Monday 3rd October.

We have booked hotels in both cities but would prefer to stay with private accommodation. We have indicated hotels when applying for our visa (in Australia) can we just cancel the accommodation and arrange our private accommodation.

Like everyone else just want to make sure we have done everything correctly and have no problems when we leave Moscow.

Cheers
Liz

Rasboinik
Posted 2016-07-31 6:30 AM (#84544 - in reply to #84543)
Subject: RE: Visa Registration and staying private accomodation

Expert

Hello and Welcome to the Forum.

Potentially you may not need to register if you will be staying in private accommodation,  if you will be staying in a Hotel or a another organization that renders accommodation services you will have to be registered within 24 hours, the longest that it took me to register when I arrived in a hotel was because I arrived in the hotel very late in evening and I received my passport back and the registration slip in the next morning, the shortest that it took me to get my registration was less time that it took me to drink a cup of coffee, that was when I arrived in the hotel about mid day,

If it was me I would register anyway "better safe than sorry".

If you will be staying in a private residence you should request your Landlord to register you.
The registration process is not too complicated and by registering you are insuring yourself against any problems caused by unexpected changes to your travel plans.

On a different note some Saturdays in Russia are considered to be working days (I cannot right now verify if Saturday the 1st of October is a working day or not), I would still suggest that if you stay in a private accommodation you get your Landlord to register you.

Hope This Helps

Edited by Rasboinik 2016-07-31 6:37 AM
Mel
Posted 2016-07-31 8:33 AM (#84596 - in reply to #84543)
Subject: RE: Visa Registration and staying private accomodation

Expert

LizS - 2016-07-31 7:56 AM We have received our Russian Visas (tourist), we are in St Petersburg for 5 nights and Moscow 3 nights (arrive Sunday leave Monday). From my understanding we then do not need to register as we are not in Russia 7 working days. Have I understood the rules correctly. We arrive St Petersburg Sunday 25th September and leave Moscow Monday 3rd October. We have booked hotels in both cities but would prefer to stay with private accommodation. We have indicated hotels when applying for our visa (in Australia) can we just cancel the accommodation and arrange our private accommodation. Like everyone else just want to make sure we have done everything correctly and have no problems when we leave Moscow. Cheers Liz

Do not worry, you will not need to register, and you can change your accommodation as you wish..

The arrival day, and departure day, DO not count towards the 7 day registration rule, and Saturday 01/10/16 is NOT a working day, so in all, you will only be in the country for 5 days..

Good Luck, enjoy your time in the country, its a beautiful land despite all what is written in the various foreign presses and suchlike.. 

LizS
Posted 2016-08-01 2:04 AM (#84597 - in reply to #84543)
Subject: Re: Visa Registration and staying private accomodation
New User

Thanks to both of your replies. Great to know we can stay in private accommodation and that registration is not necessary. As much as the obtaining the visa has been challenging we are very much looking forward to our short time in Russia.
englishman1960
Posted 2016-11-24 7:54 PM (#87961 - in reply to #84597)
Subject: Re: Visa Registration and staying private accomodation
Regular

hi as far as i am aware the 2 years living together only applies if you have been living together in the EU and then decide to come to the UK, it does not apply if you try to say that you have been living together in the UK as her visa is not designed to be used in that way.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)