Real Russia — Hotels, Trains, Visas, Tours, Trans-siberian experts
Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Random quote: You do not need a whip to urge on an obedient horse - Russian Proverb
- (Added by: Chris)

Russian GF - Fiance Visa - chances of appproval
Moderators: nickomsk, Chris, TonyH, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Visas -> UK visasMessage format

Greenstone
Posted 2017-03-10 8:03 AM (#89856)
Subject: Russian GF - Fiance Visa - chances of appproval

Hi again...great site this is. My girlfriend will have been to see me on 2 x 6 month Standard Visitor Visas where I have been her sponsor on both occasions. Both times, on the previous STANDARD VISITOR application forms and sponsorship letters I have explained we are boyfriend and girlfriend and she has always stuck to the rules of the Visitor Visa (short trips, coming back on exact dates).
My question is: I believe the only tricky thing about our application for FIANCE VISA will be proving we are in a relationship (I have my own home, job , money, never married before etc). Is the fact that I have been sponsor as boyfriend on 2 occasions enough proof in itself? If not , how far do I go providing proof?
Devi
Posted 2017-03-11 10:39 AM (#89864 - in reply to #89856)
Subject: Re: Russian GF - Fiance Visa - chances of appproval
Extreme Veteran

Proving the relationship is not as hard as you think. They are looking for holes, not trying to trip you up. A couple of visit visas, any evidence you have visited her in her home country and any evidence that you have holidayed together in a third country would be fairly bolt on with all three. A couple of photos together in each location and visa stamps matching in the passport support it. If it was a visa free country then travel tickets.

Showing evidence is about giving bolt on paperwork they can't argue with, it is not about putting in huge volumes of photos showing every part of a trip.
Greenstone
Posted 2017-03-13 6:35 PM (#89915 - in reply to #89864)
Subject: Re: Russian GF - Fiance Visa - chances of appproval

thanks Devi....just one more question if I may ask? I know the Fiance Visa can take up to 3 months to be processed. Would this mean my girlfriend would be stuck in Russia without her passport for up to 3 months?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)