Real Russia — Hotels, Trains, Visas, Tours, Trans-siberian experts
Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Random quote: Where something is thin, that's where it tears - Russian Proverb
- (Added by: Chris)

british baby with a russian mum
Moderators: nickomsk, TonyH, Chris, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Visas -> Russian visasMessage format

alina.haider
Posted 2017-03-12 10:20 PM (#89865)
Subject: british baby with a russian mum
New User

Hi there!

Wondering, I am a russian citizen married to english person and we have a 6months old daughter, who was born here and has british passport and birth certificate.

Planning a trip to Russia in april ( so not enough time to apply for Russian citizenship and or Russian passport for my daughter) so do i need to get her russian visa or would we be able to enter Russia and then travel back (as we only going for 5 days) with my Russian passport and birth certificate verifying i am her mum?!

Thanking you for any information in advance.
Alina
Rasboinik
Posted 2017-03-13 12:31 AM (#89866 - in reply to #89865)
Subject: RE: british baby with a russian mum

Expert

alina.haider - 2017-03-13 8:20 AM Hi there! Wondering, I am a russian citizen married to english person and we have a 6months old daughter, who was born here and has british passport and birth certificate. Planning a trip to Russia in april ( so not enough time to apply for Russian citizenship and or Russian passport for my daughter) so do i need to get her russian visa or would we be able to enter Russia and then travel back (as we only going for 5 days) with my Russian passport and birth certificate verifying i am her mum?! Thanking you for any information in advance. Alina

Hello Welcome to the forum.
Some of the Forum Members will be able to provide you with information about how to apply for a Russian Passport for your baby.

maybe you should try to contact GaryM using a Private Message.

HTH

alina.haider
Posted 2017-03-13 1:02 AM (#89867 - in reply to #89865)
Subject: Re: british baby with a russian mum
New User

thank you ! much appreciated !
GaryM
Posted 2017-03-13 1:17 AM (#89868 - in reply to #89865)
Subject: RE: british baby with a russian mum
Expert

As you don't have time to get your daughter Russian citizenship (and a Russian passport), you are going to have to get her a Russian visa for this particular trip. Unless she is listed in your passport (I don't even think children are listed in their parents passports anymore) then you won't be able to take her to Russia on your own passport.

You should apply for family visit visa and not a tourist visa.
simon
Posted 2017-03-18 6:56 AM (#89994 - in reply to #89868)
Subject: Re: british baby with a russian mum
Extreme Veteran

I agree with Gary. I had to follow the same route with my daughter. Once your daughter has her citizenship, don't forget to register her on the dual nationality (Spy) list. Quite a fine if you don't, from memory.

Edited by simon 2017-03-18 6:57 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)