Real Russia — Hotels, Trains, Visas, Tours, Trans-siberian experts
Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Random quote: 'There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.'
- (Added by: TonyH)

Making sure I get business visa application correct
Moderators: nickomsk, TonyH, Chris, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Visas -> Russian visasMessage format

secretlife
Posted 2017-04-18 5:30 PM (#90387)
Subject: Making sure I get business visa application correct

So - I have already had three single entry tourist visas since September to visit my son in St Petersburg. As I want to visit him regularly every couple of months it was suggested on here that I apply for a business visa (even though it is not for business)
Have I got this right:
(1) I need to have already had a visa to Russia in order to apply for a business visa? I have had three, so that should qualify me
(2) I need to apply here for business support documents, which involves sending in a scan of my passport photo page
(3) When I receive them I need to complete the usual online form on http://ru.vfsglobal.co.uk - this time for a business visa - and then in my case, go in person to Manchester UK to hand it in?
(4) My next trip is June 2 - will I be able to get the visa in time?

If I have got that right then I will send in the money now. Thanks
Mel
Posted 2017-04-18 7:15 PM (#90388 - in reply to #90387)
Subject: RE: Making sure I get business visa application correct

Expert

secretlife - 2017-04-18 10:30 PM So - I have already had three single entry tourist visas since September to visit my son in St Petersburg. As I want to visit him regularly every couple of months it was suggested on here that I apply for a business visa (even though it is not for business) Have I got this right: (1) I need to have already had a visa to Russia in order to apply for a business visa? I have had three, so that should qualify me (2) I need to apply here for business support documents, which involves sending in a scan of my passport photo page (3) When I receive them I need to complete the usual online form on http://ru.vfsglobal.co.uk - this time for a business visa - and then in my case, go in person to Manchester UK to hand it in? (4) My next trip is June 2 - will I be able to get the visa in time? If I have got that right then I will send in the money now. Thanks

If that is all that RR ask for, then all will be ok, they know what they are doing... Nope, I don't work for them, but if you are unsure about anything, give them a call..

Business visa is the best for the trips which you are planning, as more than 3-4 tourist visa's/year will raise questions from the Russians..

You should apply pretty soon to ensure that you get your new visa in good time..

HTH. 

Edited by Mel 2017-04-18 7:18 PM
secretlife
Posted 2017-04-19 8:50 AM (#90389 - in reply to #90387)
Subject: Re: Making sure I get business visa application correct

Thanks a lot for your advice.
y-ola
Posted 2017-05-02 9:55 PM (#90614 - in reply to #90389)
Subject: Re: Making sure I get business visa application correct

Elite Veteran

the business registered invite letter will take about a month due to the national holidays at this time of the year as this what happened last year to me on renewing my business visa.

The Manchester was ok and only about 1 hour including biometrics

Edited by y-ola 2017-05-02 10:03 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)