Real Russia — Hotels, Trains, Visas, Tours, Trans-siberian experts
Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Random quote: If you were born lucky, even your rooster will lay eggs - Russian Proverb
- (Added by: Chris)

Application for British Passport
Moderators: nickomsk, TonyH, Chris, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Visas -> All other visa topicsMessage format

Lallen
Posted 2017-04-28 10:16 PM (#90537)
Subject: Application for British Passport

Evening,

My Wife recently gave birth to our Daughter and we're looking at trying to get her British Passport as soon as possible so we can travel to Russia. For info, yes, my Wife is Russian in the UK on Spouse Visa.

Now, I know these Passport applications are fully stocked up with information and guidance in all areas of the application, but I'm a little confused whether I need any other information to prove I'm a British Citizen other than providing my passport number and details and getting a photo counter-signed.

Are there any implications that I need to look into when applying for my Daughters Passport?

Would really appreciate some guidance/answers.

simon
Posted 2017-05-30 4:16 AM (#90985 - in reply to #90537)
Subject: Re: Application for British Passport
Extreme Veteran

From my personal experience, albeit 6 years ago, you simply follow the same proceedure that any UK citizen would. Being born in the UK makes her 100% English, in the eye's of the UK. In Russia, she then becomes 100% Russian, in the eye's of Russia. Strictly speaking 50%-50%. Your daughter will reqire a Russian visa for her first visit to Russia, unless you apply from the UK. And if (like mine), your local UFMS isn't used to dealing with foreigners, it's a nightmare. We were told my daughter needed to follow the TRP/ PRP route, which isn't true. Don't forget to register your daughter as a dual passport holder either, in Russia.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)