Real Russia — Hotels, Trains, Visas, Tours, Trans-siberian experts
Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Random quote: The rich would have to eat money if the poor did not provide food - Russian Proverb
- (Added by: Chris)

Difference between ESOL and IELTS ?
Moderators: nickomsk, Chris, TonyH, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Visas -> UK visasMessage format

Greenstone
Posted 2017-05-10 11:36 AM (#90808)
Subject: Difference between ESOL and IELTS ?

Hi ...my russian girlfriend requires A1 level test pass for fiance visa to live in the UK. I see there are 2 boards. ...ESOL and IELTS. Do they offer the same A1 pass accepted by UKVI ? Is there a cost difference? I see with a google search that some ESOL test centres provide a free resit ? Which board will give you the quickest result at no extra charge ?
englishman1960
Posted 2017-05-11 12:59 AM (#90809 - in reply to #90808)
Subject: Re: Difference between ESOL and IELTS ?
Regular

hi you need to check the government website as only tests taken at UKVI approved centres will be accepted, and if your girlfriend speaks reasonable english i would suggest that she takes a B1 test as she will need this later once you are married and apply for the spouse visa.
senwd
Posted 2017-06-04 8:46 PM (#90993 - in reply to #90808)
Extreme Veteran

Also note that there are time limits on the certificates/validity for some of these tests. If you can, go for the highest level you can sensibly get with the longest certification period.

And then when you come to whichever next stages are appropriate - FLR, ILR etc - check on the rules about everything a good 6 months beforehand.
Greenstone
Posted 2017-06-06 11:18 AM (#91000 - in reply to #90993)

Great , thanks for your help
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)