Real Russia — Hotels, Trains, Visas, Tours, Trans-siberian experts
Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Random quote: Fear the goat from the front, the horse from the rear, and man from all sides - Russian Proverb
- (Added by: Chris)

Another Russian Girlfriend Visit Question
Moderators: nickomsk, Chris, TonyH, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Visas -> UK visasMessage format

benjamin
Posted 2017-05-22 6:12 PM (#90941)
Subject: Another Russian Girlfriend Visit Question
New User

Hey Guys,

I've read countless posts on here regarding this subject but my situation is slightly different, so here goes.

I have know my girlfriend for 6 months, we met on an online dating website in December and decided to meet up in Barcelona for our first trip. I was 29 at the time (now 30) she is 21.

The first trip went really well so we decided to meet again in Lithuania (Vilnius) in Feb, then Copenhagen and Riga in March, then Vilnius again in April and now have just come back from a trip to Malaga together.

My issue is, she is currently a student but will graduate in a couple of months and currently doesn't have a job.

She is convinced and has been told by Russian agencies that she should not be applying for a Visitor Visa sponsored by me, as she doesn't have or wont at least have a job when she plans to visit in August. I know a lot of you guys say not to take much credence in these agencies, I just want to get this right. Or do we just say we 'met' here during her tourist Visa? The plan is ultimately to spend more time together here in England.

Opinions appreciated. Thanks.
Malcolm
Posted 2017-05-23 11:21 AM (#90942 - in reply to #90941)
Subject: Re: Another Russian Girlfriend Visit Question

Expert

Ah, the myths and legends...
Welcome to the forum.
Here's the deal: Your girlfriend will get a UK visitor visa if she can show good reasons to return to Russia.
If she is a student, then she obviously has to return to uni. She may have family reasons, she may have other reasons. These are for you to decide.
You have met in several places outside Russia already, this is good.
What you must do is be honest and tell the truth.
What you must NOT do, is make stuff up. It will end in tears.
You can be her sponsor, this is not a problem. Contrary to some of the myths, Russian girls are allowed to have UK boyfriends - and vice-versa.
Do not listen to Russian travel agencies, or those places that purport to be visa agencies. They are a waste of time and money.

I haven't looked at the latest application forms so I'm not au fait with all the details but I think she has to show that she has enough money in her bank account, or savings, to support herself whilst in the UK. If you give her money to cover this, then you must declare it on the application. Although things may have changed since I last looked.

Read all the information: https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa

Good luck
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)