Real Russia — Hotels, Trains, Visas, Tours, Trans-siberian experts
Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Random quote: The calmer you go, the further along you will be - Russian Proverb
- (Added by: Chris)

London to Kaliningrad
Moderators: Chris, TonyH, nickomsk, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Real Russia -> Moscow, St Petersburg and other Russian citiesMessage format

TazLondon
Posted 2017-10-07 3:08 PM (#91646)
Subject: London to Kaliningrad
New User

I need to travel to Kaliningrad in the next couple of months. Looking at flights, they all seem to connect via Moscow with very long connection times.

My friend suggested travelling from London to Poland (e.g. Warsaw) and then onwards to Kaliningrad. This seems to be a much better routing.

Has anyone travelled to Kaliningrad from London? If so, what was your routing. I'm also curious about immigration and customs clearance at Kaliningrad. Obviously I would need a Russian visa, being a British passport holder.

So, if anyone could offer any tips on London-Kaliningrad flights and immigration/customs clearance at Kaliningrad then that would be appreciated.
Sokol
Posted 2017-10-09 10:40 PM (#91649 - in reply to #91646)
Subject: Re: London to Kaliningrad
Veteran

I been in Kaliningrad this February, we flew with EasyJet from Manchester to Gdansk, Poland. Then took a private driver (transfer service) from Kaliningrad to take us via the border. Appr. 6 hours travel. Can be more, depends on the queues on the border and roadworks. Polish building at the moment Baltic-Adriatic Corridor, trans-European road and railways on European money (British as well), there are massive roadworks everywhere. Besides EasyJet, I know there also Wizzair that flies to Gdansk.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)