Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Random quote: All happy families resemble one another, but each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way - Leo Tolstoy
- (Added by: Administrator)

Private visa: travelling with Russian wife
Moderators: nickomsk, TonyH, Chris, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Visas -> Russian visasMessage format

Scholesy08
Posted 2018-01-03 11:29 AM (#92104)
Subject: Private visa: travelling with Russian wife
New User

Hello,

Previously I have applied for a 'Tourist visa' to visit Russia, but RealRussia inform me that I can no longer do this as I have recently married my wife, a Russian citizen, and therefore I need a 'Private visa'.

My question:

- Do we need to travel together in both directions? As she will be the one sending me the invitation. We plan to fly together on the way out, but I have bought a return ticket a few days earlier than her. Will this be an issue?

Thanks for any help!
Mel
Posted 2018-01-03 5:12 PM (#92119 - in reply to #92104)
Subject: RE: Private visa: travelling with Russian wife

Expert

Scholesy08 - 2018-01-03 4:29 PM Hello, Previously I have applied for a 'Tourist visa' to visit Russia, but RealRussia inform me that I can no longer do this as I have recently married my wife, a Russian citizen, and therefore I need a 'Private visa'. My question: - Do we need to travel together in both directions? As she will be the one sending me the invitation. We plan to fly together on the way out, but I have bought a return ticket a few days earlier than her. Will this be an issue? Thanks for any help!

Hi and welcome to the forum.

There should be no problem with you travelling (flying out/back) alone on a private visa.

Happy new year.. 

Choo Choo
Posted 2018-01-04 12:24 AM (#92126 - in reply to #92119)
Veteran

Hi, if your wife is inviting you on a private visa with an invitation that she has applied for and has been issued in Russia and is sending to you then you don't need to travel together. If she is in the U.K. and wants to invite you she will need to fill in a form at the visa application centre when you go to apply for your visa. On these private visas you are supposed to travel together, although i had several issued and travelled alone without any problems before i was made aware by the visa centre staff that i was supposed to travel with my wife. Now, if we are travelling together i get her to invite me and if not i get my daughter/mother/brother in law to invite me with an invitation from Russia just to be on the safe side. Obviously there is no requirement for them to travel with me as they are already in Russia. You only need to come across some jobs worth and you could have problems. You could try calling the help line of the visa application centre and asking, although you will get some lovely Indian lady who may or may not be able to give you a diffinitive answer, depending which way the wind is blowing!! If you are local to one of the visa application centres you could pop in and ask the humourless bints behind the counters!
Hope this helps, Paul.
Scholesy08
Posted 2018-01-04 2:15 PM (#92128 - in reply to #92126)
New User

Thank you, this is very helpful!

My wife lives with me in the UK - however, her family are all living in Russia (as Russian citizens). Would it de-risk things if we just got them to invite me (I have no idea how to do this)? I assume this is much less convenient than just getting my wife to write the invitation when we visit the visa centre together.

Just to clarify, we are travelling out on the same flight. It's only on the way back that we are intending to travel separately (me leaving Russia a few days earlier) - if this makes a difference...?
Mel
Posted 2018-01-04 4:46 PM (#92129 - in reply to #92128)
Subject: Re: Private visa: travelling with Russian wife

Expert

As I stated up-thread, you will be ok, so stop worrying...
Scholesy08
Posted 2018-01-04 4:53 PM (#92130 - in reply to #92129)
New User

Mel - 2018-01-04 4:46 PM

As I stated up-thread, you will be ok, so stop worrying...

Sorry, yes, you did say - I am just being extra-cautious following the previous post surrounding jobsworths etc., and I have fallen foul of Russian visas (on a separate issue, and by accident) before. Thank you for your reassurance though.
Mel
Posted 2018-01-05 3:00 AM (#92131 - in reply to #92130)

Expert

You are required to register your arrival/visa within 7 working days, exc the arrival date.
Since the UFMS was morphed into the Police, they now work Saturdays, be aware of this, as they can now claim the day as part of the 7 working days.
HTH
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)