Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Random quote: If everyone gives one thread, the poor man will have a shirt - Russian Proverb
- (Added by: Chris)

URGENT: In Russia now as tourist on my 3 month free visa. Can I be deported for HIV test result?
Moderators: nickomsk, TonyH, Chris, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Visas -> All other visa topicsMessage format

solrac
Posted 2018-01-19 7:36 AM (#92231)
Subject: URGENT: In Russia now as tourist on my 3 month free visa. Can I be deported for HIV test result?
New User

So, a few months ago in the US I got a positive HIV result from a rapid test. I freaked out. So I did a 2nd (deep) test and thank God it came back negative.

As I'm a world traveler, my doctor suggested that I confirm again wherever I travel --- to be absolutely sure.

So now I want to confirm here with a detailed Russian test..... but I heard I may be arrested and deported if it comes back positive???

It seems like this doesn't apply to tourists like me within their 3 month visit, but I can't find any definitive info. The nurse at the testing center was warning my Russian girlfriend seriously that I'd be deported in that case.

I'm trying to get a solid answer here. Where's the proof / law regarding tourists? To my benefit I have my passport with 3 month entry stamp and the negative (deep) test result from America, and I'll have a train ticket showing my date of departure.

What's the chance they'll arrest me?

If they did what would happen? Would they hold me indefinitely until I could pay for airfare back to my home country, so I would lose all my stuff, separated from my girlfriend, and my life torn away from me?

Thank you for any advice!

Edited by solrac 2018-01-19 7:36 AM
Mel
Posted 2018-01-19 11:16 AM (#92232 - in reply to #92231)
Subject: RE: URGENT: In Russia now as tourist on my 3 month free visa. Can I be deported for HIV test result?

Expert

solrac - 2018-01-19 12:36 PM So, a few months ago in the US I got a positive HIV result from a rapid test. I freaked out. So I did a 2nd (deep) test and thank God it came back negative. As I'm a world traveler, my doctor suggested that I confirm again wherever I travel --- to be absolutely sure. So now I want to confirm here with a detailed Russian test..... but I heard I may be arrested and deported if it comes back positive??? It seems like this doesn't apply to tourists like me within their 3 month visit, but I can't find any definitive info. The nurse at the testing center was warning my Russian girlfriend seriously that I'd be deported in that case. I'm trying to get a solid answer here. Where's the proof / law regarding tourists? To my benefit I have my passport with 3 month entry stamp and the negative (deep) test result from America, and I'll have a train ticket showing my date of departure. What's the chance they'll arrest me? If they did what would happen? Would they hold me indefinitely until I could pay for airfare back to my home country, so I would lose all my stuff, separated from my girlfriend, and my life torn away from me? Thank you for any advice!

You can stop worrying, you cannot be deported if the result is positive.

There is NO requirement for you to even take the test, and the testing centre has NO obligation to "advertise" the result, in fact, they will be breaking patient confidentiality laws .

HTH 

solrac
Posted 2018-01-19 3:17 PM (#92233 - in reply to #92232)
Subject: RE: URGENT: In Russia now as tourist on my 3 month free visa. Can I be deported for HIV test result?
New User

Mel - 2018-01-19 11:16 AM
You can stop worrying,�you cannot be deported if the result is positive.

There is�NO requirement for you to even take the test, and the testing centre has NO obligation to "advertise" the result, in fact, they will be breaking patient confidentiality laws�.

HTH�

That sounds great! But can you please provide some sources for this?

1. How can you be sure I cannot be deported? How do you know?

2. I WANT to take a test (see my story in my OP). In fact, I already gave them my blood. I'm just too scared to go there and get the result because of everything I'm reading about deportation.

3. And finally, if they cannot legally "advertise" the result, how are they discovering these migrant workers who have HIV and deporting them?

Thanks for any clarification
Mel
Posted 2018-01-19 5:39 PM (#92234 - in reply to #92233)

Expert

solrac - 2018-01-19 8:17 PM
Mel - 2018-01-19 11:16 AM You can stop worrying,�you cannot be deported if the result is positive.

There is�NO requirement for you to even take the test, and the testing centre has NO obligation to "advertise" the result, in fact, they will be breaking patient confidentiality laws�.

HTH�

That sounds great! But can you please provide some sources for this? 1. How can you be sure I cannot be deported? How do you know? 2. I WANT to take a test (see my story in my OP). In fact, I already gave them my blood. I'm just too scared to go there and get the result because of everything I'm reading about deportation. 3. And finally, if they cannot legally "advertise" the result, how are they discovering these migrant workers who have HIV and deporting them? Thanks for any clarification

1, wife's a lawyer, info from her.

2, Don't worry.

3, Different visa than yours, applications for such, if infected, out you go, + it is also getting rid of the undesirable's who are mostly illegal... 

solrac
Posted 2018-01-20 12:32 PM (#92267 - in reply to #92234)
New User

Mel - 2018-01-19 5:39 PM
1, wife's a lawyer, info from her.

2, Don't worry.

3, Different visa than yours, applications for such, if infected, out you go, + it is also getting rid of the�undesirable's who are mostly illegal...�

Great news!

Can I still ask : what kind of lawyer is your wife? Can you put me in touch with her professionally? I'd like to really get the best, most reliable information that definitely proves I won't be arrested upon setting foot back in that clinic.

Remember, the nurse there was talking to my Russian girlfriend in a really mean way, saying that I'll be deported if it comes back positive next time. They were talking for like 10 minutes.
Mel
Posted 2018-01-22 2:42 PM (#92268 - in reply to #92267)
Subject: Re: URGENT: In Russia now as tourist on my 3 month free visa. Can I be deported for HIV test result?

Expert

Have messaged you...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)