Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Random quote: The secret of boring people lies in telling them everything - Anton Chekhov
- (Added by: Chris)

Russian Wife - EU Article 10 Residency Card
Moderators: nickomsk, Chris, TonyH, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Visas -> UK visasMessage format

KOALASTU
Posted 2018-02-07 4:19 PM (#92322)
Subject: Russian Wife - EU Article 10 Residency Card
New User

Hello,

I am a British citizen currently living and working in Malta with my Russian wife (who is also living and working here) and we are now looking to relocate to UK.

We have been together for a little over 2 years, lived together a bit over 1 1/4 years & married for roughly 4 months.

At the current time we are waiting on my wife to get a Maltese residency card which allows her to live here as my wife and no longer living here based on a work permit. The card is an article 10 residency card which according to the UK government website states we will be allowed to relocate to the UK on. (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/entering-the-uk-as-the-holder-of-an-article-10-residence-card/entering-the-uk-as-the-holder-of-an-article-10-residence-card)

On the page above it states it is worth applying for an EEA family permit along with your article 10 card. I've been trying to find out how to apply for an EEA family permit but I am not 100% sure how. On the .gov website the link that supposedly takes me to the site I can apply for it does not have an option to apply for an 'EEA family permit' & if I want to fill out the forms by hand for it, it does not state where I should be sending it or taking it too.

Any help with my situation would be great as we would like to move sooner rather than later.

Regards

Stuart
Mel
Posted 2018-02-08 3:57 AM (#92323 - in reply to #92322)
Subject: RE: Russian Wife - EU Article 10 Residency Card

Expert

KOALASTU - 2018-02-07 9:19 PM Hello, I am a British citizen currently living and working in Malta with my Russian wife (who is also living and working here) and we are now looking to relocate to UK. We have been together for a little over 2 years, lived together a bit over 1 1/4 years & married for roughly 4 months. At the current time we are waiting on my wife to get a Maltese residency card which allows her to live here as my wife and no longer living here based on a work permit. The card is an article 10 residency card which according to the UK government website states we will be allowed to relocate to the UK on. (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/entering-the-uk-as-the-holder-of-an-article-10-residence-card/entering-the-uk-as-the-holder-of-an-article-10-residence-card) On the page above it states it is worth applying for an EEA family permit along with your article 10 card. I've been trying to find out how to apply for an EEA family permit but I am not 100% sure how. On the .gov website the link that supposedly takes me to the site I can apply for it does not have an option to apply for an 'EEA family permit' & if I want to fill out the forms by hand for it, it does not state where I should be sending it or taking it too. Any help with my situation would be great as we would like to move sooner rather than later. Regards Stuart

Hi and welcome to the forum, unfortunately I'm not the best person to advise you about your situation, but I have sent a message to a colleague here and hopefully he will pop in over the next couple of days and assist you, he's the expert on EEA family permits here on site... 

Hang in there...

HTH.. 

wiz
Posted 2018-02-08 7:42 AM (#92324 - in reply to #92322)

Expert

Hi Stuart and Mell

It had been a very long time, since I dealt with such matters.... and our kind PM, Mrs May, since she was a minister changed a lot....and still does.

Stuart. you are a British National living and working in Malta and I expect you have exercised your "Treaty rights" under the "EU directive 2004/38/EU" (Freedom of movement)

Without Updating my self with the latest information..... I guess you have to use the the "Surinder Singh" Case to bring your wife in the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/surinder-singh

Before I give you any wrong information... I have to read and update my self for your case. Mine was straight forward case.... 10 years ago.

When did your wife applied for a resident card in Malta?

Sorry I can't be more helpful at the moment.....but I need to Update myself.

Regards to you both....

Wiz
KOALASTU
Posted 2018-02-09 4:56 AM (#92326 - in reply to #92322)
Subject: Re: Russian Wife - EU Article 10 Residency Card
New User

Hello Wiz,

My wife has held a residency card here in Malta for a little over two years but this residency card was based off a work permit. If she were to leave or lose her job she would not have the right to remain in the country. At the moment we are waiting for a 'new' article 10 residency card which will allow her to leave her job and still remain in the country as my wife. We applied for this residency card early in January.

This card should also allow us both to freely enter the country but as to what else it would allow us to do I am not 100% sure.
wiz
Posted 2018-02-09 7:42 AM (#92327 - in reply to #92322)

Expert

Hi Stuart

When your wife applied for the Resident Card under article 10, how long they told you it will take to issue one?

According to the directive..... it takes around 6 Months and that how long it took my wife in the UK.

I suggest you read carefully the Shuringer Case because that it will be your next move, after receiving her resident Card!

I hope that it will not take 6 months for the register card.....

Have been working officially in Malta.... so to have exercised your Right under the directive 2004/38/EU ?

regards

wiz
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)