Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Random quote: Happiness is like a kiss...you must share it to enjoy it - Maxim Gorky
- (Added by: Chris)

GF Visa Refusal - What next ?
Moderators: nickomsk, Chris, TonyH, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Visas -> UK visasMessage format

VisaNoob
Posted 2018-03-05 11:47 PM (#92517)
Subject: GF Visa Refusal - What next ?
New User

Hey guys,

I was hoping to have my GF come and meet me for a couple of weeks but unfortunately as you'll see from the refusal letter she wasn't accepted on this first attempt.
She did provide details of her employment but as many small jobs in Russia, it's paid in cash. She did also provide and state that the extra money in her account was gifted to her solely for the purpose of the trip. I did ensure that she is as transparent as possible as I had been reading through various posts here but as you can see, it obviously wasn't enough.
I presume the details I provided about myself and status was sufficient as it wasn't mentioned (?).

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4797/39933073094_dc8f1dc406_b.jpg

So for the interim I've suggested we still meet and take a break together somewhere first, once she gets her passport and hopefully refunds for various things.
After this, we need to try again because I can't take tons of holidays. I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to suggest this time around, should I be the sole sponsor for her so that she doesn't need to worry so much about trying to find another more 'official' job ?

I appreciate your kind help, and will be as pragmatic as possible !
y-ola
Posted 2018-03-08 11:40 AM (#92521 - in reply to #92517)
Subject: Re: GF Visa Refusal - What next ?

Elite Veteran

do not reapply certainly for a while as she has disclose the visa refusal on any application now to any other country, best try get a visa to say Bulgaria or other European country to meet it will cost less but will then have evidence to support a new application in 18 months time. because if she get 2nd refusal then you are screwed for ever
Malcolm
Posted 2018-03-14 2:51 PM (#92544 - in reply to #92517)
Subject: RE: GF Visa Refusal - What next ?

Expert

You have to address the reasons for the refusal.
Show where the money comes from and how she supports herself in Russia.
That's what they want to know.
You need bank statements or payslips. If your G/F can't supply these then you have a problem.
You can send her money and she can put it into an account in her name only. You will have to state unequivocally that you provided these funds, and why. The money she gets from employment must be visible and verifiable.
VisaNoob
Posted 2018-03-14 10:06 PM (#92546 - in reply to #92517)
New User

Yep, it's what I understood from their response, so for now we're off to Serbia so we can see each other at least.
As for her getting proper payslips/proof I've already explained the situation, so she needs to find different work. I presume they don't care too much how much she earns.
If I fully sponsored her is that another possibility (effectively what you're stating?) I can think about?
Mel
Posted 2018-03-15 8:14 AM (#92547 - in reply to #92517)

Expert

She will still need to prove "reason to return", more so given the current climate...
VisaNoob
Posted 2018-04-04 9:15 AM (#92875 - in reply to #92517)
New User

Aside from the work situation, will going away together to other places help?
CDG
Posted 2018-04-09 8:07 PM (#93035 - in reply to #92517)
Expert

We had the same problem in 2009 for the exact same reason, what we did was I ramped up my visits to Russia (i used to have a business visa but wasn't doing business in Russia, Real Russia advised how to get around the rules). We also used to go on holiday to countries which were visa friendly for Russians - Sri Lanka/Thailand/Turkey.

We then finally married in St Petersburg late 2010 before then applying for a spouse visa. My wife's now been in the UK for over 7 years.

Good luck!

Edited by CDG 2018-04-09 8:08 PM
Choo Choo
Posted 2018-04-10 2:39 PM (#93047 - in reply to #92875)
Veteran

Hi, going away to other countries together will do no harm as it is all proof of you being in a "real" relationship. My wifes first visitors visa was refused in 2007 and we decided to go to Turkey together before reapplying successfully later. A refusal is not the end of the World, as you can see, several of us have experienced refusals. Addressing the grounds for the refusal is your biggest problem at the moment. According to the refusal letter your girlfriend has an income of over 3000 pounds a month from her full time employment and other sources. But no paperwork to support this. This is the biggest hurdle you have to overcome i'm afraid. This seems an awful lot of money for your average Russian to earn, maybe she made a mistake with the figures?
Choo Choo
Posted 2018-04-10 2:43 PM (#93048 - in reply to #93047)
Veteran

Maybe the extra 2625 income is Rubles and not Pounds. That would seem more realistic.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)