Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Random quote: Take thy thoughts to bed with thee, for the morning is wiser than the evening - Russian Proverb
- (Added by: Chris)

New UK passport problems for TRP/Russian visa etc
Moderators: nickomsk, TonyH, Chris, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Visas -> Russian visasMessage format

newrules
Posted 2018-03-26 1:20 PM (#92594)
Subject: New UK passport problems for TRP/Russian visa etc
Regular

I've encountered another problem before the TRP process. I thought it was possible to buy extra pages of a UK passport as I only have one space for one more visa. It takes 3 weeks to get a new UK passport and 6 weeks if I applied for a new one from Russia , both options are not cheap. I might have space for one more visa but its difficult to know because it looks like there is a very faint stamp on one page which would rule out another visa. I have no idea what to do next, the main problems I see are:

1. I can't apply for another private visa while applying for a new UK passport (I have to send my 'old' passport away as part of the new passport application)
2. I can't apply for another private visa because if I received a new UK passport before I return to Russia it would render my visa on my old passport invalid, as the passport would be invalid?
3. When a new passport is issued, do they give you the same passport number? It doesn't say anywhere.
4. This will also cause problems with all the bureaucratic nightmare that is the Disclosure certificate notarisation, apostile etc etc, because of the strict timescale.

I am travelling to the UK on April 25th, I was planning on sorting out the Disclosure information before I arrive but now I am not sure what to do.

Finally, the crazy thing is that my passport is not even 2 years old and I will have to fork out for another one.

Any advice please? Thanks

Edited by newrules 2018-03-26 1:34 PM
yoshkarola
Posted 2018-03-27 2:01 PM (#92602 - in reply to #92594)
Subject: Re: New UK passport problems for TRP/Russian visa etc

Hi when I renewed my passport I drove early morning to Peterborough and used their same day fastrack service. Applied walked around the shops etc and had the passport in a couple of hours. I had to pay extra but was worth it.
yoshkarola
Posted 2018-03-27 2:23 PM (#92603 - in reply to #92594)

I believe now the processing turnaround for visas is 20 days andd not 5 days as before.
newrules
Posted 2018-03-27 6:29 PM (#92605 - in reply to #92603)
Regular

Thanks to Theresa May https://www.rusemb.org.uk/consnews/69. I knew this would happen and I contacted Real Russia about this but they said it would not effect processing times. Very, very bad news.
newrules
Posted 2018-03-27 6:31 PM (#92606 - in reply to #92594)
Regular

Another thing 5 to 20, is it 5 or 20, need more specific information from those supposedly in the know.
newrules
Posted 2018-03-27 6:31 PM (#92607 - in reply to #92603)
Regular

From 5 to 20, but people need specific timings for their flights.
newrules
Posted 2018-03-27 6:37 PM (#92608 - in reply to #92602)
Regular

Thanks
yoshkarola
Posted 2018-03-27 6:49 PM (#92609 - in reply to #92594)

If it were me I'd book the flight after 20 days of applying. I don't trust them. Re the disclosure. I used disclosure Scotland and got the basic disclosure. I then got it notorised then sent it to Milton Keyrs for the apostle. ( I believe disclosure Scotland can also arrange for the notary ). I used their courier service. Think it was DHL to deliver to my address in Russia. If I remember right it is valid for 90 days.
yoshkarola
Posted 2018-03-27 6:56 PM (#92610 - in reply to #92594)

Operational changes in the Consular Section of the Embassy

Dear applicants, given the circumstances, the processing times for visa applicants will be increased: expedited processing time is up one to three business days, and regular processing is five up to twentybusiness days, consistent with the Russian law and in accordance with the current consular Tariff rates. As for the nationals of the countries that have visa agreements with Russia, processing times remain as outlined in those agreements.

We advise all our applicants to monitor the readiness of your visa application online at our website or chose SMS notification service for additional amount of 1.60 GBP , that can be paid during your documents submission

For more information please read here.
yoshkarola
Posted 2018-03-27 7:11 PM (#92611 - in reply to #92594)

Me again remember 30th April to 2nd May and 9th May are Russian bank holidays so Gee Street will be closed. That's more days to add on to the processing time. Something else you could do without.
newrules
Posted 2018-03-27 7:35 PM (#92612 - in reply to #92609)
Regular

I agree!
newrules
Posted 2018-03-27 7:37 PM (#92613 - in reply to #92611)
Regular

Exactly! Also, thanks for your help.

I mentioned Real Russia earlier, its not their fault of course, its outside interference.
yoshkarola
Posted 2018-03-27 8:07 PM (#92614 - in reply to #92594)

I really hope you get it sorted. At the end of the day its just paperwork but can be a real nightmare. Good luck youll get there.
newrules
Posted 2018-03-27 9:27 PM (#92615 - in reply to #92614)
Regular

Thanks Yoshkar! I visited Yoshar Ola a while back.
yoshkarola
Posted 2018-03-28 5:31 AM (#92616 - in reply to #92594)

Where are you now? When i done my TRP i made 2 appointments at FMS office as they usually find a fault with the paperwork. Mine was on one med check they put the last letter of my surname as 3 zeh instead of C russian S. At least if your documents are accepted first time around you can cancel the second appointment. How did you get on with the language test? .
I quite like Yoshkar Ola. Miles from anywhere lol.
Mel
Posted 2018-03-28 7:27 AM (#92617 - in reply to #92594)
Subject: RE: New UK passport problems for TRP/Russian visa etc

Expert

newrules - 2018-03-26 6:20 PM I've encountered another problem before the TRP process. I thought it was possible to buy extra pages of a UK passport as I only have one space for one more visa. It takes 3 weeks to get a new UK passport and 6 weeks if I applied for a new one from Russia , both options are not cheap. I might have space for one more visa but its difficult to know because it looks like there is a very faint stamp on one page which would rule out another visa. I have no idea what to do next, the main problems I see are: 1. I can't apply for another private visa while applying for a new UK passport (I have to send my 'old' passport away as part of the new passport application) 2. I can't apply for another private visa because if I received a new UK passport before I return to Russia it would render my visa on my old passport invalid, as the passport would be invalid? 3. When a new passport is issued, do they give you the same passport number? It doesn't say anywhere. 4. This will also cause problems with all the bureaucratic nightmare that is the Disclosure certificate notarisation, apostile etc etc, because of the strict timescale. I am travelling to the UK on April 25th, I was planning on sorting out the Disclosure information before I arrive but now I am not sure what to do. Finally, the crazy thing is that my passport is not even 2 years old and I will have to fork out for another one. Any advice please? Thanks

Suggestion..

Fly to the UK, go to waterloo, apply am for new passport, receive pm, job's a gudun.

Next day to Gee st, apply for your visa, express route, costs a bit, visa issued within 5 days.

You'll need the in between time to get your disclosure apostile

Fly back..

Start your TRP application.

Btw, an open visa is not cancelled when the passport is, so theoretically you could re-enter Ru carrying your new passport without the visa, and the odl one with the valid visa, you could even pay some extra and get the visa transferred into the new passport whilst in the UK.

Bbtw, a new passport carries a different number to the old one..

HTH.. 

newrules
Posted 2018-03-28 9:09 AM (#92619 - in reply to #92617)
Subject: RE: New UK passport problems for TRP/Russian visa etc
Regular

Thanks for the tip, which seems the most logical way, however as my salary is low I can't afford any express services at the moment, I will see what I can afford realistically. Good idea about the passport /visa!
newrules
Posted 2018-03-28 9:15 AM (#92620 - in reply to #92616)
Regular

I am in Ryazan now, yes I passed the language test, it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. My FMS have been very helpful so far which is unusual when I hear about people having problems in some other regions.
Rasboinik
Posted 2018-03-28 10:57 AM (#92621 - in reply to #92620)

Expert

newrules - 2018-03-28 7:15 PM I am in Ryazan now, yes I passed the language test, it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. My FMS have been very helpful so far which is unusual when I hear about people having problems in some other regions.

Congratulations for passing the Language test. :
newrules
Posted 2018-03-28 11:40 AM (#92622 - in reply to #92621)
Regular

Thanks!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)