Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Random quote: You only know me as you see me, not as I actually am (Kant - paraphrase)
- (Added by: Chris)

Confusion with Russian Marriage Documents
Moderators: DeaconStreet, nickomsk, TonyH, Chris

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Russian Relationships -> GeneralMessage format

T18Z
Posted 2018-05-14 2:47 PM (#93319)
Subject: Confusion with Russian Marriage Documents

Hey,

I've been browsing this forum and the topics related to my issues a lot and I seem to be getting mixed information based on what I read online vs what my partner is telling me ZAGS 4 has asked her to do regarding documents.

I've never been married before, intend to marry in Moscow (ZAG4) and have already obtained my CNI just under 2 weeks ago. Just wondering if anyone with a lot more experience can help in assisting me in whether I have the correct information.

1) My CNI should be apostilled in the UK I believe and can be translated and notarized in Russia afterwards?

2)I understand the actual passport can't be apostilled, but my partner said she requires a certified copy of the passport that has been notarized and apostilled? Is this true or is she incorrect? If so would I get it apostilled in the UK then notarized and translated in Russia after?

3)Lastly I've acquired an English version of the Russian Marriage application form from Real Russia. Once I've filled in my section my partner tells me the form need to be signed by me in the UK with a notary public witnessing the signature? I assume this doesn't need to be apostilled as it wasn't issued in the UK? Once I've done that it can be notarised and translated in Russia?

Planning on sending the documents to my partner and her arranging the date with the ZAGS so I don't have to fly to Russia twice.

Any help or advice is much appreciated, thanks!
Mel
Posted 2018-05-14 3:07 PM (#93320 - in reply to #93319)
Subject: RE: Confusion with Russian Marriage Documents

Expert

T18Z - 2018-05-14 7:47 PM Hey, I've been browsing this forum and the topics related to my issues a lot and I seem to be getting mixed information based on what I read online vs what my partner is telling me ZAGS 4 has asked her to do regarding documents. I've never been married before, intend to marry in Moscow (ZAG4) and have already obtained my CNI just under 2 weeks ago. Just wondering if anyone with a lot more experience can help in assisting me in whether I have the correct information. 1) My CNI should be apostilled in the UK I believe and can be translated and notarized in Russia afterwards? 2)I understand the actual passport can't be apostilled, but my partner said she requires a certified copy of the passport that has been notarized and apostilled? Is this true or is she incorrect? If so would I get it apostilled in the UK then notarized and translated in Russia after? 3)Lastly I've acquired an English version of the Russian Marriage application form from Real Russia. Once I've filled in my section my partner tells me the form need to be signed by me in the UK with a notary public witnessing the signature? I assume this doesn't need to be apostilled as it wasn't issued in the UK? Once I've done that it can be notarised and translated in Russia? Planning on sending the documents to my partner and her arranging the date with the ZAGS so I don't have to fly to Russia twice. Any help or advice is much appreciated, thanks!

Hi,

An Apostile on a doccument ensures that the doccument is Internationally recognised. 

1, Correct, your CNI must be apostiled in the UK, it should be translated and notarized at a ZAGS recognised translator.

2, Correct, as your passport is an Internationaly recognised doccument already, it cannot be apostiled. 

A notarized certified copy is sufficient, and both passport and Notarization should be translated and the Zags recognised translator.

3, Again correct, your signature must be verified by a notary.

Remember, your passport must be exactly the same as the copy which you send to Russia, they will check it 100% before allowing the marriage to go ahead.

Also remember, you will also be required to show your registration doccument for Russia at the same time.

HTH. 

P.s. The CNI has a small window of legallity, 30 days I think...So it should be presented to the Zags before expiry... 

Edited by Mel 2018-05-14 3:10 PM
Sokol
Posted 2018-05-14 3:52 PM (#93321 - in reply to #93319)
Subject: Re: Confusion with Russian Marriage Documents
Veteran

1) True
2) True, Certified copy of the passport can be notarized and apostilled.
3) False, you can notarize Russian Marriage application form with your signature. Notary just need to say that he notarise your application to get married. It does need to be apostilled as well.
4) Look at previous topics, it been discussed and explained before.

T18Z
Posted 2018-05-14 3:55 PM (#93322 - in reply to #93320)
Subject: RE: Confusion with Russian Marriage Documents

Mixed messages here, hmm. I thought because the Russian Marriage application wasn't a document issued within the UK it doesn't need to be apostiled? I'd just be having it translated back to its original Russian version and my signature notarized in the UK?

Edited by T18Z 2018-05-14 4:01 PM
Sokol
Posted 2018-05-14 5:17 PM (#93323 - in reply to #93319)
Veteran

It does not matter what language there in Russian Marriage application, even if it Russian it still can be certified and apostilled in the U.K. Or you can do this by virtue of power of attorney. Then your fiancee can sign it on your behalf in ZAGS N 4. You see if you simply notarise your signature without apostille this document will be not recognised in Russia.

Edited by Sokol 2018-05-14 5:24 PM
T18Z
Posted 2018-05-14 6:03 PM (#93324 - in reply to #93319)

Alright - do you know if the Russian Marriage application needs to be handwritten or whether it can be done on a computer with the signature being handwritten only?

Thanks everyone for all your assistance by the way.
Sokol
Posted 2018-05-14 6:55 PM (#93325 - in reply to #93319)
Veteran

Can be handwritten in black or blue inks or filled and printed on computer with the signature being handwritten.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)