Real Russia — Hotels, Trains, Visas, Tours, Trans-siberian experts
Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Random quote: The secret of boring people lies in telling them everything - Anton Chekhov
- (Added by: Chris)

Mother-In-Law Visit
Moderators: nickomsk, Chris, TonyH, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Visas -> UK visasMessage format

DeaconStreet
Posted 2012-04-12 7:57 PM (#50064 - in reply to #47744)
Subject: Re: Mother-In-Law Visit

Elite Veteran

congrats to you both.. I bet you'll be cursing your luck - 3 weeks into her visit lol
Denton
Posted 2012-06-21 7:34 PM (#51453 - in reply to #49863)
Veteran

Can you tell me what the covering letter has to state. I am just going through the process of applying for visa for my MIL to visit UK. Also the documents I have to supply do I have to send originals to Ukraine for her to take with her to the application centre or can I scan everything and send copies by email. This also includes my sponsor letter.

Many Thanks for any advice.
WD
gareththomas79
Posted 2012-11-10 1:00 PM (#53616 - in reply to #47744)

Extreme Veteran

So, the MIL visit was a success (albeit very tiring with all the travel all over the UK). This was the first MIL visa; valid for 6 months.

Now that Galina is pregnant, we'd like her Mother to be able to visit more regularly and more freely.

Applying for the next visa, what are the chances of getting a 2-year visa (i.e. skipping the 1-year visa) ? Or do we have to work thru the progression, 6-month, 1-year, 2-year, etc ?
Mel
Posted 2012-11-10 1:05 PM (#53617 - in reply to #53616)

Expert

gareththomas79 - 2012-11-10 6:00 PM So, the MIL visit was a success (albeit very tiring with all the travel all over the UK). This was the first MIL visa; valid for 6 months. Now that Galina is pregnant, we'd like her Mother to be able to visit more regularly and more freely. Applying for the next visa, what are the chances of getting a 2-year visa (i.e. skipping the 1-year visa) ? Or do we have to work thru the progression, 6-month, 1-year, 2-year, etc ?

Has she got any remaining time on her current visa, if so, and if you can afford it, bring her over again, returning also in good time, this will stand her in good stead for her next visa IMHO...

I think that the UKBA will only consider a second 6 month visa rather than a longer one, but one never knows...

Good luck anyway....

Edited by Mel 2012-11-10 1:06 PM
gareththomas79
Posted 2012-11-10 1:22 PM (#53619 - in reply to #47744)

Extreme Veteran

Mel - the time remaining on this visa, the fact she is a Teacher and can only travel in the School holidays, and the cost mean that she won't be travelling for a second time on this initial visa. She will have only travelled once on this initial visa (3 week visit).
So, how do we get toward the 1-year and 2-year visas? By travelling more than once on a 6-month visa?
Mel
Posted 2012-11-10 1:44 PM (#53622 - in reply to #53619)

Expert

gareththomas79 - 2012-11-10 6:22 PM Mel - the time remaining on this visa, the fact she is a Teacher and can only travel in the School holidays, and the cost mean that she won't be travelling for a second time on this initial visa. She will have only travelled once on this initial visa (3 week visit). So, how do we get toward the 1-year and 2-year visas? By travelling more than once on a 6-month visa?

I was not suggesting that she should travel more than once on her first visa, I was suggesting that, if she did travel again on the same visa, she would build up evidence of returning to her homeland, and that the second application would already have such history.....

I feel that she may only be granted a second 6 month visa next application....

Rasboinik
Posted 2012-11-10 2:37 PM (#53627 - in reply to #53622)

Expert

Mel, Gareth.
My experience concerning applying for long term visitor visas for the UK (or should I say Alla's experience).
Alla's first UK visa was a standard 6 month M/E, she used the visa for two visits to the UK (each visit was for about 3 weeks), her second visa application was for a 1 year M/E and the visa was granted.

To take it a step further Alla's first visa was still valid for about two to three weeks when her second visa was granted.

On a different note.
Just because Alla was granted a 1 year M/E visa on her second visa application does not mean that everybody else will get the same treatment.

TonyH
Posted 2012-11-11 3:24 PM (#53680 - in reply to #47744)

Expert

Our experience ( ongoing) is this. Mum and Dad had back to back 6 month visas over a period of a few years ( maybe 6 visas ??). On some visas there where only one visit per 6 months for at most a 3 week period. On others there where maybe 2 visits of 3 or 4 weeks. Their first long term visa was issued for a 2 year period ( 2 years ago) it took 4 ish days to be issued in stp. They have used these visas for longer stays ( upto 3 months). They will apply for a full ten years once they have new Russian passports post Christmas.

I think we could have applied for long term visas after 3 x 6 month m/e having built a good track record. As it stand their travel record is excellent hence we will chance applying for ten years next time. At worst I expect 5 to be granted with ease.
CDG
Posted 2013-01-06 9:26 AM (#54730 - in reply to #47744)
Expert

Edited by CDG 2013-01-06 9:37 AM
CDG
Posted 2013-01-06 9:27 AM (#54731 - in reply to #54730)
Expert

Has anyone got any experience of using Real Russia for remote assistance for a UK Visitor for St Petersburg?

We used the service for my wife for a spouse visa but it looks like things might have changed from browsing the Real Russia UK Visa Visitor Visa section. My wife never had to visit Moscow and just turned up outside the VAC where someone from Real Russia/Sister Company had some of the documents I had transmitted electronically, she then went inside for some additional questions to be asked.

My mother in law does not speak any English, we want to try and sort everything out for her, i.e completing and submitting forms electronically other than her get herself to St Petersburg (she lives around 2 and half hours drive away in Leningrad Oblast) with her documents (same as my wife). My wife intends to fly and fly back with her because immigration would be a nightmare in regard to when she actually comes her, assuming she is successful of course.

My mother in law is born in Moldova but has been living in Russia for all her adult life, she stopped working through retirement last year (she is about 62), she owns her own appartment and can get proof, she receives a pension has around £4000 in savings in her bank which has been there for a few years. We are not sure if my father in law is coming yet, he is similar age and also retired and was born in the Ukraine, he hasn't been bothered about applying for an International Passport whilst my mother in law already has this.

Any advice greatly appreciated. We are looking for her to come over in the Summer for a week or 2.

Edited by CDG 2013-01-06 9:39 AM
CDG
Posted 2013-01-10 10:16 PM (#54954 - in reply to #54731)
Expert

CDG - 2013-01-06 9:27 AM

Has anyone got any experience of using Real Russia for remote assistance for a UK Visitor for St Petersburg?

We used the service for my wife for a spouse visa but it looks like things might have changed from browsing the Real Russia UK Visa Visitor Visa section. My wife never had to visit Moscow and just turned up outside the VAC where someone from Real Russia/Sister Company had some of the documents I had transmitted electronically, she then went inside for some additional questions to be asked.

My mother in law does not speak any English, we want to try and sort everything out for her, i.e completing and submitting forms electronically other than her get herself to St Petersburg (she lives around 2 and half hours drive away in Leningrad Oblast) with her documents (same as my wife). My wife intends to fly and fly back with her because immigration would be a nightmare in regard to when she actually comes her, assuming she is successful of course.

My mother in law is born in Moldova but has been living in Russia for all her adult life, she stopped working through retirement last year (she is about 62), she owns her own appartment and can get proof, she receives a pension has around £4000 in savings in her bank which has been there for a few years. We are not sure if my father in law is coming yet, he is similar age and also retired and was born in the Ukraine, he hasn't been bothered about applying for an International Passport whilst my mother in law already has this.

Any advice greatly appreciated. We are looking for her to come over in the Summer for a week or 2.

Does anyone have any answers to the above?

Were due to ring our mother in law tomorrow and was hoping there was some news we could pass on.

Anyone?
CDG
Posted 2013-01-18 9:50 PM (#55163 - in reply to #54731)
Expert

CDG - 2013-01-06 9:27 AM

Anyone?

I also sent real russia an email and got no reply too. That was over a week ago. We rang the mum in law today and she asked us how things were going and we said we didn't actually have any info!

Someone?

Or anyone have a correct email address for real russia? I used the one from the front screen.
adam wolves
Posted 2013-01-18 10:11 PM (#55164 - in reply to #47775)
Veteran

WorcestershireB - 2011-11-08 10:39 PM

My inlaws are here at present. Your would have to apply for a family visit visa.

I senselessly agreed that they could come for 3 months. I have had enough after 6 weeks !

LOL, Have you had an endless supply of soup and sausage. My wife bought a box of grechka from the local Polish shop and told me how wonderful it tastes ,that was 26 month's ago.The same box is still in the cupboard, she has since discovered Weetabix .
Thank's for the info i'm looking for my mil to come over later this year to visit.

Edited by adam wolves 2013-01-18 10:16 PM
GaryM
Posted 2013-01-18 11:09 PM (#55172 - in reply to #55163)
Expert

CDG - 2013-01-18 9:50 PM
Anyone?

I also sent real russia an email and got no reply too. That was over a week ago. We rang the mum in law today and she asked us how things were going and we said we didn't actually have any info!

Someone?

Or anyone have a correct email address for real russia? I used the one from the front screen.

I would just do it yourself TBH. It's not that difficult. It was a few years since my in-laws last came over but they've been over twice and we did all the form filling for them on both occasions and they just went to the VAC themselves and submitted the forms and had their biometrics taken. The VAC staff are all Russian so there will be no communication issues. My in-laws don't speak any English either.

After filling in tho online forms you can just print them to a PDF file and email them to someone over there who can print them off.  The more difficult part will be getting any supporting documents over to them unless you want to risk non-originals in which case the print to PDF and email method will also work for those too (we've previously always just supplied copies of documents, not originals).

Edited by GaryM 2013-01-18 11:11 PM
Mel
Posted 2013-01-19 4:21 AM (#55174 - in reply to #55163)

Expert

CDG - 2013-01-19 2:50 AM
CDG - 2013-01-06 9:27 AM Has anyone got any experience of using Real Russia for remote assistance for a UK Visitor for St Petersburg? We used the service for my wife for a spouse visa but it looks like things might have changed from browsing the Real Russia UK Visa Visitor Visa section. My wife never had to visit Moscow and just turned up outside the VAC where someone from Real Russia/Sister Company had some of the documents I had transmitted electronically, she then went inside for some additional questions to be asked. My mother in law does not speak any English, we want to try and sort everything out for her, i.e completing and submitting forms electronically other than her get herself to St Petersburg (she lives around 2 and half hours drive away in Leningrad Oblast) with her documents (same as my wife). My wife intends to fly and fly back with her because immigration would be a nightmare in regard to when she actually comes her, assuming she is successful of course. My mother in law is born in Moldova but has been living in Russia for all her adult life, she stopped working through retirement last year (she is about 62), she owns her own appartment and can get proof, she receives a pension has around £4000 in savings in her bank which has been there for a few years. We are not sure if my father in law is coming yet, he is similar age and also retired and was born in the Ukraine, he hasn't been bothered about applying for an International Passport whilst my mother in law already has this. Any advice greatly appreciated. We are looking for her to come over in the Summer for a week or 2.
Anyone? I also sent real russia an email and got no reply too. That was over a week ago. We rang the mum in law today and she asked us how things were going and we said we didn't actually have any info! Someone? Or anyone have a correct email address for real russia? I used the one from the front screen.

Chris, suggest you call RR, would think that they don't have your e-mail, as sure they would have responded by now.....

gareththomas79
Posted 2013-03-08 4:06 PM (#56472 - in reply to #47744)

Extreme Veteran

Quick Q regarding MIL's property ownership documents. Is there a standard (Russian) Govt document that proves ownership? What have you guys had your MIL submit when trying to show property ownership?
Mel
Posted 2013-03-08 4:36 PM (#56473 - in reply to #56472)

Expert

gareththomas79 - 2013-03-08 9:06 PM Quick Q regarding MIL's property ownership documents. Is there a standard (Russian) Govt document that proves ownership? What have you guys had your MIL submit when trying to show property ownership?

She will have a standard doc issued by the local land and property registry.....

gareththomas79
Posted 2013-03-08 5:06 PM (#56475 - in reply to #47744)

Extreme Veteran

My MIL is actually in Kyrgyzstan - the local Govt there aren't great with property docs. I wanted to know what the guys with Russian MILs submit. Apparently my MIL can only get hold of a document that says she's registered at the property or the original ownership document with the original owners names crossed out (her Mother and Father) and her name scribbled below - doesn't seem totally legit to me.
My wife has asked me to ask the Q on this forum - her "end game" is she'd like to see a photograph/picture of the Russian document used. Probably to compare to the Kyrgyz one (with the scribbles).
Anyone heard of crossing out names on official docs ?
Mel
Posted 2013-03-08 5:39 PM (#56477 - in reply to #56475)

Expert

gareththomas79 - 2013-03-08 10:06 PM My MIL is actually in Kyrgyzstan - the local Govt there aren't great with property docs. I wanted to know what the guys with Russian MILs submit. Apparently my MIL can only get hold of a document that says she's registered at the property or the original ownership document with the original owners names crossed out (her Mother and Father) and her name scribbled below - doesn't seem totally legit to me. My wife has asked me to ask the Q on this forum - her "end game" is she'd like to see a photograph/picture of the Russian document used. Probably to compare to the Kyrgyz one (with the scribbles). Anyone heard of crossing out names on official docs ?

Totally illegal, sorry..

The law on property registration there is the exact same as Russia, and they should have issued a completely new doccument...

Don't think that the Consulate will accept that as proof of ownership.....

gareththomas79
Posted 2013-03-08 5:47 PM (#56478 - in reply to #47744)

Extreme Veteran

Don't be sorry Mel.
Mel
Posted 2013-03-08 5:53 PM (#56480 - in reply to #56478)

Expert

gareththomas79 - 2013-03-08 10:47 PM Don't be sorry Mel.

Ok, I wont....

I can get you a copy of a Russian Doc if you wish, but not tonight or tomorrow, busy time is ladies day, some serious parties to attend...

pm me your e-mail if you want a copy of the doc....

Mel
Posted 2013-03-10 11:58 AM (#56499 - in reply to #56480)

Expert

Gareth,

Check ure e-mail....

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)