Real Russia — Hotels, Trains, Visas, Tours, Trans-siberian experts
Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Random quote: How can you make a revolution without executions? - Lennin
- (Added by: Chris)

learning Russian in Cambridge or London
Moderators: nickomsk, TonyH, Chris, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Real Russia -> LanguageMessage format

Visualife
Posted 2013-09-03 1:48 PM (#58942)
Subject: learning Russian in Cambridge or London

Hi guys,
I'm starting to learn Russian and have the online courses etc etc but am looking for a private tutor preferably in or near Cambridge, UK or failing that in London. any help greatly received!

Can happily pay in money, helping with English or salsa classes

regards, Rich
senwd
Posted 2013-09-04 11:24 PM (#58969 - in reply to #58942)
Subject: Re: learning Russian in Cambridge or London
Extreme Veteran

If you don't get any joy out of anyone on here, have a look on Gumtree - Skills Swap or Classes. Cast your net reasonably wide - some tutors will do it over Skype (need good broadband though) but you still need to be able to meet up with them once in a while.

If you're in/near Cambridge, wait a few weeks and get in touch with the Uni. Probably some student willing to help out.

As for London, google: russian language centre holborn. Pricey but decent.

Why do you want/need to learn? Social or business?

adam wolves
Posted 2013-09-07 2:15 PM (#58989 - in reply to #58942)
Veteran

Hi,

Slightly off topic, have recently purchased a Rosetta Stone Russian Level 1,2 & 3 Totale package through a Amazon local deal for £99. I am quite impressed and have been enjoying learning, i disliked learning languages at school.Has anyone else learnt this way or pimsleur or micheal Thomas?
Visualife
Posted 2014-05-28 5:00 PM (#61843 - in reply to #58942)

I know this thread is a little old but for reference I bought the same package and TBH I found it quite good for getting into the language BUT Rosetta (in my opinion) should definitely be used alongside a 'proper' course.

It has no instructions or translation, it simply shows you a picture and a word and you 'assume' what the words translates as then through the use of comparative images leads you to their meaning and teaching you think like 'girls eating bread'

but it doesn't seem to teach you anything about the actual grammer, rules or language structure so probably a good place to start and it's good for pronounciation though my lady had issued being accepted with correct pronounciation and she's Russian and a clear speaker so...

Rosetta works on comparing the general shape of the phrase you say versus the expected one.
you could theoretically fool it with inflection on a wrong word but if used correctly it's a useful guide but it's certainly not 'understanding' what you actually say, just comparing audio pictures - albeit cleverly.
Yelena
Posted 2015-01-19 2:49 PM (#63851 - in reply to #61843)

Regular

If you are still looking for a Russian tutor, please send me a PM, I know one in Cambridge and a couple in London.
Bagirka
Posted 2016-06-14 2:02 PM (#80115 - in reply to #58942)
New User

Hello everyone!
I am a fully qualified teacher of English. Being native in Russian, and an expert in the English language, I am acutely aware of the differences between English & Russian languages.
I am an enthusiastic and understanding teacher. I strive to motivate my students to reach their goals.
My lessons consist of a series of activities:
- learning a new vocabulary,
- reading practice,
- conversation practice,
- grammar explanations,
- listening,
- exercises.
I have an experience in teaching Russian to people of all ages and various backgrounds for 3 years.
Prices for online lessons:
30-minute online lesson for $10
60-minute online lesson for $20

My e-mail is Yolya2016@gmail.com

Looking forward to hearing from you
luffami
Posted 2017-01-24 2:50 PM (#88838 - in reply to #58942)
New User

Yes, it can be sometimes hard to depend on only the courses available online. I am currently taking courses in EchoEE myself and i am trying different study groups to practice. Practice groups in unilang, lingoholic are very helpful. You can get help from them if you want.
LeesaJohnson
Posted 2017-07-12 10:31 AM (#91240 - in reply to #58942)
Subject: RE: learning Russian in Cambridge or London

New User

Hi there,
I would like to suggest that you should search online through a website where you can get an online as well as a private tutor for you to learn the Russian language.
http://www.selectmytutor.co.uk/subject-russian.html
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)