Real Russia — Hotels, Trains, Visas, Tours, Trans-siberian experts
Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Random quote: Peace lasts until the army comes, and the army lasts until peace comes - Russian Proverb
- (Added by: Chris)

concert in TALLIN December 05
Moderators: DeaconStreet, nickomsk, TonyH, Chris

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   In the neighbourhood -> Finland and the BalticsMessage format

peter
Posted 2005-10-05 8:56 PM (#203)
Subject: concert in TALLIN December 05
Hi, never been to Russia before. Looking to go to a concert in TALLIN - nobody to meet my wife and I when we arrive there. Not yet booked accommodation but worried about her safety. Anybody been to TALLIN that can give a lowdown on the situation there - it would be much appreciated.
thanks
peter
Chris
Posted 2005-10-06 10:33 AM (#208 - in reply to #203)
Subject: RE: concert in TALLIN December 05

Expert

Hi Peter

Tallin is in Estonia, which is now part of the EU not Russia. While I've never been there I understand that it is a safe place, peaceful and in many respects quite beautiful.

Chris
inessa-sky
Posted 2009-08-13 7:19 PM (#25219 - in reply to #208)
Subject: Re: concert in TALLIN December 05

Estonia is enough quaiet place for english speaking, do not worry..if u wanna know more about Baltic republic, ask me..I am from Latvia, Riga
truckerjon
Posted 2009-08-13 9:31 PM (#25225 - in reply to #203)

Veteran

Tallinn is a very beautiful city. The old town area is a traditional north european town with lots of nice old buildings, churces, shops and some cracking restaurants on the main square.. The Marina is also a nice place to hang out on a warm summers evening. It is as safe as any other european city, and if fact safer than most! Ive been there often and never get fed up with going back.
Unfortunatly, it has become another "stag Party" weekend Venue, and I am often embarressed to be British when you see young brits throwing up in the street. so stay away from any bar offering SKY TV!
I can recommend the russian restaurant "Troika" and if you want something a little special, try the "Klafira" on Vene Tanav, its like something from old imperial russia, with beautiful waitresses in traditional costumes, excellent food, and great Vodka!
johnsharkey
Posted 2009-08-13 11:21 PM (#25227 - in reply to #203)
Expert

Iv,e been to Riga too..beautiful city OLD and NEW..then on to Liepjia ??? on the Baltic coast...really nice people..enjoyed the trip..
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)