Real Russia — Hotels, Trains, Visas, Tours, Trans-siberian experts
Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Random quote: Having a good wife and rich cabbage soup, seek not other things - Russian Proverb
- (Added by: Chris)

Name change and required documents
Moderators: nickomsk, TonyH, Chris, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Russian Relationships -> Visas and citizenshipMessage format

daugavpils
Posted 2015-06-30 5:04 PM (#64523)
Subject: Name change and required documents

Hi All

I have married my girlfriend in March and now we are in a process of preparing documents for spouse visa. She wanted to take my surname and the plan was to change her internal passport, then international one, and then apply for a visa.
It has taken exactly two months to have internal passport to get changed and now she is changing her international one.
At the same time, she has taken English exam and passed TB test using her maiden name. I have assumed that it would be trivial to show in support letter why there is a different surname in TB/ESOL papers and her passport name.
However I would like to double check if it would be sufficient or not.

Does anyone know if support letter with explaining the discrepancy would be enough?

Kind Regards
evajackson
Posted 2016-06-09 11:30 AM (#79774 - in reply to #64523)
Subject: Re: Name change and required documents
New User

Yes, i think this is sufficient. No need to explain anything alse.
Andrew1972
Posted 2017-02-09 9:11 PM (#89294 - in reply to #64523)
Subject: RE: Name change and required documents

My girlfriend and I are in the same situation, she was adamant that she wanted to change her name on passports! I'm now just trying to see if there's a way we can speed things up!

Today she handed in everything for changing her internal passport, but that included surrendering her international passport (which she says they will return stamped not valid).

I know she can use her Russian internal passport to take the English test, but she seems to think that the TB test needs her international one.

Just wondering how you went about getting the English test and TB test done before you got both passports changed?

Thanks

Andrew
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)