Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: If the doctor cures, the sun sees it; but if he kills, the earth hides it - Russian Proverb
- (Added by: Chris)

Sticky ILR vs ILE
Moderators: DeaconStreet, nickomsk, TonyH, Chris

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Russian Relationships -> GeneralMessage format

grantring
Posted 2009-02-27 3:24 PM (#19965 - in reply to #19963)
Subject: Re: ILR vs ILE
Extreme Veteran

Where do you find it on the Visa? as i cant find the type on ours just entry clearance on the top???
Thanks
Novastorm
Posted 2009-02-27 4:22 PM (#19966 - in reply to #19922)

Thanks for all the responses regarding this matter.

My wife has all the necessary documentation to apply for ILR (including having taken and passed the Life in the UK test with flying colours). Remember, we didn't know we had been inadvertently granted ILR UNTIL travelling down to the PEO in Solihull yesterday to apply for it. So we have followed the rules by the book.
I think the best course of action as some of you said is to get something in writing from someone official indicating that a mistake was made and that my wife's visa is acceptable.
We were all set to pay our £950 yesterday for ILR but, as they said, they can't take it back and reissue it once it's been granted. Their mistake, their loss. Maybe they'll be more careful when issuing visas in the future.

Once again, many thanks to you all for your advice.

wiz
Posted 2009-02-27 5:19 PM (#19969 - in reply to #19922)
Subject: RE: ILR vs ILE

Expert

Every application is scrutinised, fingerprints are taken, and the individuals checked against a range of watch-lists. Visas provide the first line of defence against those who seek to abuse the system. Travellers are subject to further tough checks at the border.

Mark Sedwill
UK Border Agency

Somehow I don't think they are doing a good job....... because....

they left NickOmsk at Heathrow and Malcolm at Gatwick to enter the country!

YZF-R1

While you were flying on your bike at the time I posted my original post this morning my brain was still asleep...

Any how

As this two thread are so important for some people........ why not the Mods join the threads and make them a sticky?

Go on tell Nick how to do it....
natashsharkey
Posted 2009-02-28 11:18 PM (#19989 - in reply to #19922)

Veteran

Exactly Eric...Natty..and it P,S us off too,,believe me........Excuse my english terminology..i learn it from my husband..good english teacher..!!!
GaryM
Posted 2009-10-02 12:01 AM (#27069 - in reply to #19922)
Subject: RE: ILR vs ILE
Expert

New important information about ILE visas can be found in the following thread...

http://www.realrussia.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=2687&s...
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)