Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Never before in the field of human conflict, has one mans struggle been so great
- (Added by: nickomsk)

Language test and de-registration questions.
Moderators: nickomsk, TonyH, Chris, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Russian Relationships -> Visas and citizenshipMessage format

Choo Choo
Posted 2009-03-22 3:38 PM (#20460)
Subject: Language test and de-registration questions.
Veteran

Hi all,
well, it's been about 16 months since i last posted and in that time Nadya recieved her visitors visa and visited the U.K. on two occasions for a total of twelve weeks. Then last September we were married in Izhevsk.
Soon we will be applying for a spouse visa for her, once she has sorted things out at her end and is ready to come. She seems to think that when applying for her visa she will have to take some kind of English language test and naturally she is worrying about this. Can anybody confirm this and tell me what exactly this test consists of? Better still, is there an example of the type of questions she may be asked? Or a kind of mock exam paper i could print off for her?
Next, i am sure i read somewhere something about de-registering visas before returning to the U.K. after visiting Russia. I am going over next week for seven days to visit and i can't remember having to de-register before, or have i been doing something wrong? Also, is it possible to now register my visa at a Russian Post Office?
Thanks in advance for any/all answers and advice,

regards, Paul.
TonyH
Posted 2009-03-22 4:06 PM (#20467 - in reply to #20460)
Subject: Re: Language test and de-registration questions.

Expert

The English test she is talking about I imagine is the same all our wives have to take before applying for ILR after being here for 2 years. Your wife will come on a two year spouse visa which will be endorsed requiring her to take the 'life in the Uk' test prior to ILR application. (does that make sense ?)

There is talk from the Goverment of introducing an English test prior to coming to the UK but that I am sure if it happens (unlikely at not in the short term) it will likely be to the same standard as currently needs to be met here in the UK 'ESOL entry level 3'. As for mock exams theres plenty on the NET.
Vera_Welch
Posted 2009-03-22 4:17 PM (#20469 - in reply to #20460)

hi
We applied for a spouse visa last week and got it this week.
I had no interview.
Nobody checked my knowledge.
Rasboinik
Posted 2009-03-23 8:00 AM (#20489 - in reply to #20460)
Subject: RE: Language test and de-registration questions.

Expert

Choo Choo - 2009-03-23 1:38 AM

Next, i am sure i read somewhere something about de-registering visas before returning to the U.K. after visiting Russia. I am going over next week for seven days to visit and i can't remember having to de-register before, or have i been doing something wrong? Also, is it possible to now register my visa at a Russian Post Office?
Thanks in advance for any/all answers and advice,

regards, Paul.

Regarding the registration.
I am not sure about Izhevsk but in Yuzhno Sakhalin registering at the post office is a doodle, my fiancée just goes to the post office and hands the completed form over, pays a small fee and that is it done.
If I can figure out how to attach it then the form that you need is the one attached.
You need to print both pages on the same piece of paper making sure that they line up correctly the tear off line should be lined up with the one on the reverse of the same piece of paper).
And yes you should de-register after you leave Russia (every time).

Sorry I cannot find the form on my notebook, I will post it later if I locate it.

Found it but it is too big to attach.

Edited by Rasboinik 2009-03-23 8:10 AM
Rasboinik
Posted 2009-03-23 8:24 AM (#20493 - in reply to #20460)

Expert

Paul.
Follow this link
http://blogs.waytorussia.net/item/59
And you can download the forms that you need.
Hope that this helps
stuey
Posted 2009-03-23 12:48 PM (#20500 - in reply to #20493)
Elite Veteran

My wife registered me at the registration office in Izhevsk (we also married in Izhevsk), very straighforward. When I left she went to the same office and de-registered me.
When she applied for her spouse visa (Ekaterinburg) she didn't have any problems. They were very nice to her and she received a visa no problem.
A belated congratulations on your marriage.
Is Nadya from Izhevsk?

Stuey

p.s. If Nadya get's here before the 18/7/09 then why not come along and join the thousands already coming to the meeting at Chatsworth House. Please send thread below for details.

http://www.realrussia.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=2120&p...

Edited by stuey 2009-03-23 12:54 PM
Choo Choo
Posted 2009-03-23 4:32 PM (#20507 - in reply to #20500)
Veteran

Hi all,
thanks for all the replies/advice, once again the members of the forum have come up trumps!
Tony, Rasboinik, i will get some ink for the printer and get printing the various forms etc, thanks.
Stuey, yes Nadya is from Izhevsk and she took me to register at the same office that you mentioned. But whether she de-registered me i couldn't tell you. Hopefully she will be here by July and i'm sure she would love to come to the get together at Chatsworth. Especially as your wife is from Izhevsk also.
Vera, congratulations on recieving your spouse visa, the fact that you didn't have to take some sort of test will be a great relief to Nadya. So, i take it that you applied on line then attended the V.A.C. and did the bio-metrics? Did you have an interview? Or did they just issue the visa there and then?
Once again, thanks folks!

Regards, Paul.
Vera_Welch
Posted 2009-03-23 6:53 PM (#20512 - in reply to #20460)

Hi, Paul!

Yes, I applied on-line then attended the VAC and did the biometrics.
I did not have interview.
They did not issue visa there and then. You will have to wait.(we had to wait 7 working days)
You will get tracking number to check status of your passport on ukvac-ru.com.

Edited by Vera_Welch 2009-03-23 6:56 PM
Choo Choo
Posted 2009-03-23 9:19 PM (#20518 - in reply to #20512)
Veteran

Hi Vera,

So let me get this straight, you applied on line, went to have your bio-metrics taken, returned home and had the visa issued after seven working days? Did you not have to supply documents to support your visa application? For example Your husbands payslips, bank statements, your wedding certificate, etc. etc. Basically all the stuff that we have to supply to support a visitors visa application?

Regards, Paul.
Vera_Welch
Posted 2009-03-24 12:09 PM (#20533 - in reply to #20460)

My folder with docs was very heavy.

1. completed application form.
2. application fee (28325 rub).
3. my current passport (my birth certificate).
4. my old passports.
5. one recent passport photograph (not more than six months old).
6. evidence of funds available to me, in the form of detailed bank statements covering at least the last three months.
7. either a letter confirming my period of employment from my employer together with salary slips for the last three months.
8. evidence of my current accommodation, for example mortgage or tenancy documents, utility bills, etc.
9. our original marriage certificate.

10. evidence of my sponsor accommodation in the UK, for example mortgage or tenancy documents, utility bills, etc.
11. evidence of my sponsor employment or intended employment in the UK, for example a contract or offer of employment, salary slips, etc.
12. evidence of contact between me and my sponsor for example email, telephone bills, pictures, etc.
13. letter from the sponsor explaning grounds of relationships;
14. photocopy of sponsor's passport (with russian visas);
15. sponsor's birth certificate (copy);
16. evidence of funds available to my sponsor, in the form of detailed bank statements covering at least the last six months.

and I had copy of my national passport, but I think its not really important.

Edited by Vera_Welch 2009-03-24 12:23 PM
Choo Choo
Posted 2009-03-25 9:51 PM (#20588 - in reply to #20533)
Veteran

Hi Vera,
thanks for the info, i pretty much guessed there would be a pile of papers to provide, much the same as when applying for a visitors visa.
I just have a couple more questions on the subject to clear things up. You mentioned a letter from your employer and your last six months payslips, Nadya lost her job as a result of the recession some 4 months or so ago. So she can't provide these things, do you think it will have any bearing on the outcome of the visa application? Also, being out of work, she won't have any monies in her bank account, again will this matter? And finally, i see you refer to your husband as your sponsor, is he still your sponsor in the eyes of the British goverment? And not simply your husband??

Regards, Paul.
TonyH
Posted 2009-03-26 8:54 AM (#20599 - in reply to #20460)

Expert

Paul the loss of her job when she applies for a UK settlement visa won't matter and for a fiancee or spouse visa she would not need a employers reference as she is not coming for a visit. You are still her sponsor because you have to financially support her, although on a spouse visa she will be able to work form the very first day that she arrives. (unlike a fiancee visa where this restriction is not lifted until you are married and FLR is granted).
Choo Choo
Posted 2009-03-26 12:13 PM (#20603 - in reply to #20599)
Veteran

Thanks Tony, that's pretty much i what i had imagined/hoped.

Paul.
JohnW
Posted 2009-03-26 7:46 PM (#20617 - in reply to #20460)

Hi Choo Choo and Stuey (and all!) - oddly enough, my Lena is also from Izhevsk. We married here in Cheltenham last August. As a matter of fact Paul, your Nadya met up with Lena for a chat last year when she was back home in Izhevsk. All the best by the way!

John
stuey
Posted 2009-03-27 12:13 PM (#20645 - in reply to #20617)
Elite Veteran

JohnW - 2009-03-26 7:46 PM

Hi Choo Choo and Stuey (and all!) - oddly enough, my Lena is also from Izhevsk. We married here in Cheltenham last August. As a matter of fact Paul, your Nadya met up with Lena for a chat last year when she was back home in Izhevsk. All the best by the way!

John

Hi John
Will you be coming to Chatsworth House in July?

Stuey
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)