Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: A spoken word is not a sparrow. Once it flies out, you can't catch it - Russian Proverb
- (Added by: Administrator)

VISA REGISTRATION MOSCOW
Moderators: nickomsk, TonyH, Chris, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Visas -> Visa registrationMessage format

suzie009
Posted 2016-07-16 10:25 AM (#83745)
Subject: VISA REGISTRATION MOSCOW

Good morning.

I am flying to Moscow next Friday 22 July and staying with a friend for two weeks. For information I have a 12 month multi entry business visa.

How do I register my visa?

It has been suggested to me that the cheapest way would be to book a very cheap hostel for one night as they register the visa. But do they only register it for one night? Or does it last for my entire stay??
Chris
Posted 2016-07-16 11:27 AM (#83747 - in reply to #83745)
Subject: Re: VISA REGISTRATION MOSCOW

Expert

Hi - there are two legal options:

1. If your friend is the owner (or has permission) of the property you are staying at and is registered there themselves, they can assist with visa registration at the post office. You can read more about the process here: http://realrussia.co.uk/Visas/Russian/Registration#q12

2. You can use our Moscow office to register your visa (including registration by email), you can read about the process here: http://realrussia.co.uk/Visas/Russian/Registration#q2

Hope this helps.

Chris
suzie009
Posted 2016-07-16 2:39 PM (#83755 - in reply to #83745)

Thanks Chris. Out of interest do you know if the staying for one night at a hostel would work? They claim to register people immediately and give them the slip of paper. Would it be ok for my entire stay even if I only pay for one night? Thanks
Chris
Posted 2016-07-16 3:30 PM (#83757 - in reply to #83745)

Expert

It could work, but it is borderline and is also not "technically correct" - its just as easy to use one of the correct methods I outlined above.
suzie009
Posted 2016-07-16 6:29 PM (#83769 - in reply to #83745)

Thanks Chris.

In truth I was trying to save money and much as I love RealRussia (and use them for my expensive annual multi entry business visa) I thought that £4 for a hostel for one night including registration was cheaper than what RR are charging. If I can get away with it.

Does the registration slip include start and end dates or is it open ended out of interest?

Many thanks
Chris
Posted 2016-07-17 11:32 AM (#83863 - in reply to #83769)

Expert

If you register at a hotel or hostel, then they should register you for the period you are staying in the accommodation, this if you pay for one night, you get one days registration. If through us or the post office, then the registration is for the duration of the visa period.

This is why I was mentioning about not being technically correct, yes it is registration, but if it is looked into at any point it will be shown not to be valid for the duration of the stay.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)