Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: The purpose of morality is to teach you, not to suffer and die, but to enjoy yourself and live - Ayn Rand
- (Added by: Chris)

Sticky online-booking facility for UK Border Agency appointments
Moderators: nickomsk, Chris, TonyH, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 5 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Visas -> UK visasMessage format

Malcolm
Posted 2013-01-14 1:58 PM (#55051 - in reply to #55050)
Subject: Re: online-booking facility for UK Border Agency appointments

Expert

It would depend on what information they ask for and what you give them. It's not a good idea to take anything for granted with the UKBA especially in the current climate of foreigner bashing that Mrs May has set in train...
GaryM
Posted 2013-01-14 2:10 PM (#55052 - in reply to #55051)
Expert

I wouldn't expect a postal application to take any less than 3 months TBH. That is probably the absolute minimum time it will take. My wife's postal ILR application was in 2009 and it took 10 weeks back then with nothing complicated about the application or documents submitted. The UKBA seem to have many more applications to deal with these days compared to back then so I would expect it to take at least 3 months and maybe up to 6 in the worst case if they are inundated with applications at the time you apply.
Mel
Posted 2013-01-14 2:31 PM (#55059 - in reply to #55052)

Expert

GaryM - 2013-01-14 7:10 PM I wouldn't expect a postal application to take any less than 3 months TBH. That is probably the absolute minimum time it will take. My wife's postal ILR application was in 2009 and it took 10 weeks back then with nothing complicated about the application or documents submitted. The UKBA seem to have many more applications to deal with these days compared to back then so I would expect it to take at least 3 months and maybe up to 6 in the worst case if they are inundated with applications at the time you apply.

Wasn't there someone here naer the end of last year who used the postal service, and stated that it took 6 months nearly to the day.....or am I mistaken...

Malcolm
Posted 2013-01-14 2:55 PM (#55061 - in reply to #26693)

Expert

This is for FLR not ILR but I don't think it will be any quicker than 3 months
delboydavid
Posted 2013-01-15 12:15 AM (#55084 - in reply to #55050)

Extreme Veteran

timco - 2013-01-14 1:51 PM

Hello Malcom

Nothing much has changed from the first application (still in same job still earning well above the minimums even by the new rules despite being under the old ones.

Given this and the fact they gave permission for her to come recently on what grounds could they reasonably withhold the extension?

Serious question it is good to think about.

It will be the same decision whether you have a personal appointment at a PEO or go the postal route. It will also take the same amount of time to process regardless of whether it is an open and shut case, or something more complicated.

The question here is if you do choose to go the postal route, can your wife do without her passport for the time it takes to process her application? This can be anything from 10 weeks up to 6 months...

There is also the worry of the unknown. OK, you shouldn't have anything to worry about as long as you have your marriage certificate, you are living together in the UK, you earn/have enough money and your wife has passed a relevant English Language exam (which she will probably have to have done to get the fiancé visa in the first place). This is all they were interested in when we went from fiancé visa to FLR.

But as Malcolm has already pointed out, you can't take anything for granted.

Good luck with it all anyway.
timco
Posted 2013-01-23 1:20 AM (#55586 - in reply to #26693)
Regular

TBH the decision really taken out of our hands as there are no appointments available till March and we need to get processed by 22 Feb (or in the post by then).
moggs
Posted 2013-01-23 1:31 AM (#55587 - in reply to #26693)

Veteran

Don't give up until the moment the application is actually in the post.

I only have our own experience to go on, but I logged it at 5pm on a Friday (still don't know why, didn't expect to get anywhere) and there was an appointment available in Cardiff (our first choice of location) for 10.30am Monday morning.
Neil B
Posted 2013-01-23 9:47 AM (#55589 - in reply to #26693)
Veteran

You are lucky there Moggs been trying day and night including midnight since the tenth to obtain an appointment at Cardiff B'ham or liverpool to no avail.

Sent a few emails also, as twice I obtained an appointment booked it, but when I clicked on next on both occasions. ukba web site bombed out .. still trying but looks like we will have to go down the postal route. Makes me feel like a second class citizen in my own country the way we are treated.
Mel
Posted 2013-02-23 2:14 PM (#56224 - in reply to #26693)

Expert

timco
Posted 2013-03-16 10:52 AM (#56598 - in reply to #26693)
Regular

Went Postal route, mainly due to no dates available for us, posted 14th Feb, Biometric Card received today by courier.

Devi
Posted 2013-04-05 5:36 PM (#57074 - in reply to #26693)
Extreme Veteran

Don't know if the online appointments system has been updated, but went online a couple of days after my wedding to get an FLR(M) appointment at either Cardiff or Birmingham and was offered about 30 choices - including Easter Friday & Monday! Filled out the boxes and got confirmed appointment by email almost by return. Was dreading the midnight sessions, but thankfully none required.

Turned up at Cardiff on Wednesday, seen within 30 minutes of appointment time - so not so bad. Someone outside making loud complaints in the reception about being refused asylum passed the time. Was then sitting on the very uncomfortable bench in front of the little window with my back to the door out to the reception and heard "well I've nothing to f***ing lose then have I" and turning round seen him slit his wrist through the glass in the door. That livened up the day!

Will say the UKBA (don't know new letters they use yet) pretty good. Had been arguing with the UKBA Manager, who had stepped in to help as there was a bit of a back log of people waiting, about the content of a document I provided which he said wasn't sufficient. He had to rush off to deal with desperate Dan at the entrance and another officer turned up and said just give me all the paperwork and we will get it processed. I explained about my 'dodgy' document, he took one look at it and the other supporting paperwork and said not perfect but the other documents back it up so it won't be a problem. Difference between a Manager who fills in when busy and someone who does 15 a day!

Anyway everyone was taken out the back into the interview rooms and processed and then let out on the streets of Cardiff. A phone call to come back 3 hours later for the biometrics and then told to go home rather than wait for the decision as the waiting area was closed off and undergoing a deep clean. However they phoned through later to confirm the decision, thankfully granted, and couriered all our paperwork back to us.
moggs
Posted 2013-04-05 10:59 PM (#57076 - in reply to #26693)

Veteran

Well, I think congratulations are in order then... FLR under the belt and a story to share all on the same day.

You probably know this but start collecting your letters for joint occupancy now - it will make life much easier for ILR day (unless they've found a new acronym by then).

We got our ILR sorted in Cardiff but didn't get a free episode of Casulty.

Good stuff and well done!

Edited by moggs 2013-04-05 11:00 PM
Devi
Posted 2013-04-07 4:06 PM (#57093 - in reply to #26693)
Extreme Veteran

Keep up with the times!  We have to do a second FLR in 30 months (but need the letters for that as well) then the wife gets the privilege of applying for ILR after a further 30 months.

Edited by Devi 2013-04-07 4:09 PM
Mel
Posted 2013-04-07 4:12 PM (#57094 - in reply to #57093)

Expert

Devi - 2013-04-07 9:06 PM Keep up with the times!  We have to do a second FLR in 30 months (but need the letters for that as well) then the wife gets the privilege of applying for ILR after a further 30 months.

Are you under the new system Dev??

Devi
Posted 2013-04-07 4:18 PM (#57095 - in reply to #26693)
Extreme Veteran

Oh yes. Now had my finances scrutinised twice to make sure I pass the financial threshold. Although, to be honest, as it is a more black and white assessment as long as you meet it there is no longer the subjective element in the assessment. It also appears the wife has 5 years to pass the LIUK test, although will need to read that again more carefully, as it is required for ILR.
Mel
Posted 2013-04-07 4:20 PM (#57096 - in reply to #57095)

Expert

Devi - 2013-04-07 9:18 PM Oh yes. Now had my finances scrutinised twice to make sure I pass the financial threshold. Although, to be honest, as it is a more black and white assessment as long as you meet it there is no longer the subjective element in the assessment. It also appears the wife has 5 years to pass the LIUK test, although will need to read that again more carefully, as it is required for ILR.

Good Luck ......

moggs
Posted 2013-04-07 7:23 PM (#57098 - in reply to #57093)

Veteran

Devi - 2013-04-07 4:06 PM

Keep up with the times!  We have to do a second FLR in 30 months (but need the letters for that as well) then the wife gets the privilege of applying for ILR after a further 30 months.

You're right, I'm out of touch... seems we had an easier route. I'd read about the changes but forgotten about them because they didn't apply - just through in the nick of time.
timco
Posted 2013-04-08 6:01 PM (#57111 - in reply to #26693)
Regular

New process for booking appointments https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-pre-payment-system-to-tackle-...
Rasboinik
Posted 2013-10-12 5:20 PM (#59428 - in reply to #26693)
Subject: RE: online-booking facility for UK Border Agency appointments

Expert

agrosangeo - 2013-10-13 12:36 AM There is a girl who helped me to book an online appointment at UK Border Agency. I give you her email for you to contact her, maybe she can help you to book an appointment: ANABELLA1980@YAHOO.COM

Watching

muffy
Posted 2014-02-08 12:18 AM (#60653 - in reply to #57074)
Extreme Veteran

Devi - 2013-04-05 5:36 PM

Don't know if the online appointments system has been updated, but went online a couple of days after my wedding to get an FLR(M) appointment at either Cardiff or Birmingham and was offered about 30 choices - including Easter Friday & Monday! Filled out the boxes and got confirmed appointment by email almost by return. Was dreading the midnight sessions, but thankfully none required.

Turned up at Cardiff on Wednesday, seen within 30 minutes of appointment time - so not so bad. Someone outside making loud complaints in the reception about being refused asylum passed the time. Was then sitting on the very uncomfortable bench in front of the little window with my back to the door out to the reception and heard "well I've nothing to f***ing lose then have I" and turning round seen him slit his wrist through the glass in the door. That livened up the day!

Will say the UKBA (don't know new letters they use yet) pretty good. Had been arguing with the UKBA Manager, who had stepped in to help as there was a bit of a back log of people waiting, about the content of a document I provided which he said wasn't sufficient. He had to rush off to deal with desperate Dan at the entrance and another officer turned up and said just give me all the paperwork and we will get it processed. I explained about my 'dodgy' document, he took one look at it and the other supporting paperwork and said not perfect but the other documents back it up so it won't be a problem. Difference between a Manager who fills in when busy and someone who does 15 a day!

Anyway everyone was taken out the back into the interview rooms and processed and then let out on the streets of Cardiff. A phone call to come back 3 hours later for the biometrics and then told to go home rather than wait for the decision as the waiting area was closed off and undergoing a deep clean. However they phoned through later to confirm the decision, thankfully granted, and couriered all our paperwork back to us.

We went for the online booking and it seemed to be giving us a choice of Liverpool or further south, so we opted to do this 2 years to the day of Nataly's arrival at Liverpool

We turned up 30 minutes before hand and got through security, stage one appears to be some who just validates all is well with payments and appointments, we were quickly seen within 30 minutes by someone who took the paperwork away and then we got called over about 30 minutes for use to do our Biometrics, after that it was a waiting game, we got called over as our life in the UK paperwork was missing but it was found in the paperwork that had been handed back and after 3 hours we were told that we were successful. We stayed in the PEO the whole time.
hoangtrt
Posted 2019-04-05 4:19 AM (#119023 - in reply to #26693)
Subject: RE: online-booking facility for UK Border Agency appointments
New User

great.
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 5 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)