Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: You do not need a whip to urge on an obedient horse - Russian Proverb
- (Added by: Chris)

railing across Kazakh to Uzbek and on to China
[Frozen]

Moderators: DeaconStreet, nickomsk, Chris, TonyH

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
Frozen    In the neighbourhood -> The StansMessage format

ekid
Posted 2009-12-01 10:55 PM (#28905)
Subject: railing across Kazakh to Uzbek and on to China

I just posted in the wrong forum. Am going overland from Czech to China. I know somebody to visit in Toshkent.

My visa service Co. visaHQ. says I need double entry Kazakh to do this. (US passport), US citizen) Am pretty sure the train will go straight to Toshkent from Saratov under the lake.

But from Toshkent to Urumqi there could be (probly is) a transfer. What to do? I have no idea where to ask for LOI for Kazakhstan.

30 day Russian visa starts Jan 15. Would this Kazakh problem be a lengthy process? I suppose I could fly over if I have to.
deanmoriarty
Posted 2009-12-01 11:48 PM (#28907 - in reply to #28905)
Subject: Re: railing across Kazakh to Uzbek and on to China
Regular

I think it depends on the train you are taking. I have some experience with what you described in your post. Last year I travelled from a Russian city to another by train. I wasn't aware that my route was going to pass on Kazakh soil and once I discovered it I was already on the train. Everythin went fine. At both borders the police got on the train to check if there were any foreigners. The wagon hostess gave my name to police which came to check my passport. All went fine because, I suppose, that train didn't had any stop on Kazakh soil.
Chris
Posted 2009-12-02 8:00 AM (#28911 - in reply to #28905)
Subject: Re: railing across Kazakh to Uzbek and on to China

Expert

Thread frozen as it is a duplicate of ...

http://www.realrussia.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=2866&p...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)