Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother - Russian Proverb
- (Added by: Chris)

Kazakh Visa point of entry
Moderators: DeaconStreet, nickomsk, Chris, TonyH

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   In the neighbourhood -> The StansMessage format

SarahC
Posted 2010-01-20 11:40 AM (#30311)
Subject: Kazakh Visa point of entry
New User

Hello

I'm just starting the process of sorting out Kazakh visas, and my question is how important is it to know absolutely definitely at the point of applying for the visa what your port of entry will be?

Does this get written in your visa, and is it possible to enter by a different city? I have not yet decided whether to fly in to Astana or Almaty - basically because I will be going to Astana at some point, but also Bishkek, so it might be better to fly to Almaty, go to Bishkek by taxi/bus and then fly to Astana.

If I get the entry point wrong on the visa application, when I come to make the actual arrangements will this be a problem?

Thanks for any advice!

Sarah

PS. UK passport holder flying in from Germany (if that makes any difference)
Rasboinik
Posted 2010-01-20 1:25 PM (#30317 - in reply to #30311)
Subject: RE: Kazakh Visa point of entry

Expert

Sorry I cannot help regarding the point of entry,
I suggest that you check that with the Real Russia visa team.
http://www.realrussia.co.uk/contact/contactdetails2.asp
I am sure that they will be able to answer your questions.

With regards to a UK passport holder travelling from Germany, that should not present any problem whatsoever, it matters not one iota where you travel from what matters is your citizenship (passport).
The only (maybe) issue is that some countries are funny about issuing someone a visa when they are in a country where they do not have a right of abode but since both the UK and Germany are in the EEC and therefore you have right of abode that should not be a problem, just for safety sake again I suggest that you check with the RR team.
If it is a problem then you can send your passport to the RR office in London and that should solve the problem.

Enjoy your trip.
moggs
Posted 2010-01-20 2:01 PM (#30318 - in reply to #30311)
Subject: Re: Kazakh Visa point of entry

Veteran

I don't know about points of entry either, but when I entered Kazakhstan they were very particular about where I was staying. On both occasions they wanted to know about hotels and the apartment I was renting. This was 2005/2006 - things could have changed in either direction.
Chris
Posted 2010-01-20 5:04 PM (#30324 - in reply to #30311)

Expert

Hi and welcome

No the entry point, exit point nor the points of stay are written onto the visa - the consulate use them to check you are not going anywhere dodgy thats all.

You are free to travel where you wish once you have the visa, though obviously if you ended up in a restricted area, such as Baikonur Cosmodrome, then you would have some explaining to do

If you are dealing with us, then just ask our visa team, they will be happy to help.

Chris
SarahC
Posted 2010-01-20 5:33 PM (#30326 - in reply to #30311)
Subject: RE: Kazakh Visa point of entry
New User

Thanks lots everyone for your help.

I like this forum :-)

We are going to apply directly to the Consulates in Bonn (Kazakh and Kyrgyz) to save having to post the passports back to the UK, but if we have any dramas and need a LOI or whatever (some forums say you do, and some say you don't), then I'll def come speak to RR!

Sarah
Chris
Posted 2010-01-20 6:10 PM (#30327 - in reply to #30311)

Expert

Hi Sarah

If you only need less than 30 days single entry - if you need more than 30 days or more than single entry you will need a LOI.

Some consulates do require an LOI even for single entry 30 day, but as far as I am aware, Bonn isn't one of them.

Chris
SarahC
Posted 2010-01-20 7:46 PM (#30328 - in reply to #30327)
New User

Chris - 2010-01-20 6:10 PM

if you need more than 30 days or more than single entry you will need a LOI.

Oooh, that's different to what is on the Kazakh website (as I will need a double entry tourist visa as we are going from Kazakhstan to Kyrgyzstan and back again). The UK is listed as not requiring a LOI even for a double entry visa if it is not over 60 days (which it won't be).

My plan is to pitch up with the forms on Monday (having got a German speaker to ring them today to confirm a Brit could apply at their Consulate), so I'll let you know what happens.

Thank you again for your help.

Sarah
link.rk01
Posted 2019-01-13 6:14 AM (#115435 - in reply to #30311)
New User

Oooh, that's different to what is on the Kazakh website (as I will need a double entry tourist visa as we are going from Kazakhstan to Kyrgyzstan and back again). The UK is listed as not requiring a LOI even for a double entry visa if it is not over 60 days (which it won't be).

My plan is to pitch up with the forms on Monday (having got a German speaker to ring them today to confirm a Brit could apply at their Consulate), so I'll let you know what happens.
https://www.azangoo.ir
Thank you again for your help.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)