Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Hall (No, it wasn't Voltaire)
- (Added by: Rasboinik)

How can I transfer GBP to a Russian Bank?
Moderators: nickomsk, TonyH, Chris, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Everything else -> General discussionMessage format

MikeBuzz50
Posted 2017-05-02 10:09 AM (#90577)
Subject: How can I transfer GBP to a Russian Bank?

New User

My partner is Russian and would like to transfer £50,000 to her Russian bank account from her British bank account.
What is the best way to do this and what are the pitfalls?

Thank you, in anticipation!

ploeb
Posted 2017-05-03 12:05 PM (#90762 - in reply to #90577)
Subject: Re: How can I transfer GBP to a Russian Bank?

We did a smaller transfer with Moneycorp about 3 years ago, I would not recommend them. The exchange rate was very good, the money eventually got through, but the process was awful and caused a lot of stress. It took about 10 days, I had to provide a lot of evidence to show where the money came from, why it was transferred, etc re money laundering. The money seemed to go through MoneyCorp London - HSBC London - HSBC Moscow - end account with another Russian bank, and they couldnt tell me who was causing the delay. Also issues with providing exactly the right details of the end users account, which caused more delays.
Rasboinik
Posted 2017-05-04 12:18 AM (#90763 - in reply to #90577)
Subject: RE: How can I transfer GBP to a Russian Bank?

Expert

I have done multiple transfers to Russia, using a standard bank transfer option.
In many years in the past much smaller amounts to pay rent for an apartment.
About 2 years ago a much larger amount to buy a flat after I sold my house in Scotland.

The cheaper option is to state that all the transfer payments  are to be paid by the sender.

The recipient will have to organize a GBP account in the Russian Bank, depending on the bank in my experience the Sberbank is the best option to open a GBP account

yoshkarola
Posted 2017-05-04 5:20 PM (#90764 - in reply to #90577)
Subject: Re: How can I transfer GBP to a Russian Bank?

Regular

Hi i wanted to transfer money from my uk HSBC account to my Sberbank account. HSBC said the transfer would be free. Sberbank said they would charge me for recieving money. Id check both ends if i were you. In the end i didnt bother. You a foreigner they think you are loaded.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)