RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: A deception that elevates us is dearer than a host of low truths - Marina Tsvetaeva
- (Added by: Administrator)

Russian Internal Passport
Moderators: nickomsk, TonyH, Chris, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Visas -> Consulates and EmbassiesMessage format
Posted 2017-05-12 11:28 AM (#90814)
Subject: Russian Internal Passport

Posts: 52
My Russian wife has held British citizenship for several years and is permanently resident in UK but also holds full Russian passport. She is a regular visitor to Russia to visit her elderly mom and family. She has now reached the age where her Russian Internal Passport needs to be renewed, but my understanding is that this is not possible for a non Russian resident and instead registration is neccesary with the Russian Consulate in UK, which also involves some kind of de-registration in Russia.
Can someone explain how this works, how to go about it, costs involved etc.
She has no property or financial interests in Russia to consider.
Her experience on recent trips is that she has not been asked to show internal passport therefore not having one is not likely to be a problem.Given my poor experiences with officialdom as a traveller in Russia, i`m less than confident that it would be as straightforward as that.
Its likely that she will be travelling to Russia later this year and we want to act before this becomes an issue.
Any experience in this matter that can be shared would be greatly appreciated.
Posted 2017-05-17 7:21 PM (#90879 - in reply to #90814)
Subject: RE: Russian Internal Passport


Posts: 4785
Location: In the Windmills of my mind...

Hi Paul, sorry for a belated response, am on holiday and just had a quick look in..

Suggest that your wife renews her internal passport when she is next in Russia, takes anywhere up to 30 days, but can be done much quicker under your circumstances if the local OVIR play ball, if it will take longer than the period which your wife is in Ru next, she should give a power of attorney to a family member to collect it on her behalf..

Best route as the Ru consulate can do absolutely nothing to help with this problem, and your wife cannot just register with them as living overseas.

Most bureaucrat services always ask for an internal passport and will not accept an international one in my experience..

Or  just do without, but if caught an administration fine will be payable...

Btw, has your wife registered her UK citizenship in Ru, if not, its advisable to do this also on her next visit..


Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)