Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: The rich would have to eat money if the poor did not provide food - Russian Proverb
- (Added by: Chris)

Where to spend my Erasmus?
Moderators: DeaconStreet, nickomsk, TonyH, Chris

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Real Russia -> Living in RussiaMessage format

badabing98
Posted 2018-02-15 9:23 PM (#92376)
Subject: Where to spend my Erasmus?
New User

Hi!

19 years old dude here, I'll be leaving Belgium for Russia next September to spend 3 months there. The 3 options regarding the place to stay in are: Moscow (Lomonosov or Linguistic State University), Volgograd (State University) and Kemerovo (State University). What do you think would be a good idea? My goal is first and foremost to learn Russian hence spend as much time as possible with Russian people, and not foreigners like me. As a result I thought that Kemerovo would be an excellent fit since there would be less foreigners there than in Moscow. Am I right?

Any thoughts welcome!
Mel
Posted 2018-02-15 9:59 PM (#92377 - in reply to #92376)
Subject: RE: Where to spend my Erasmus?

Expert

badabing98 - 2018-02-16 2:23 AM Hi! 19 years old dude here, I'll be leaving Belgium for Russia next September to spend 3 months there. The 3 options regarding the place to stay in are: Moscow (Lomonosov or Linguistic State University), Volgograd (State University) and Kemerovo (State University). What do you think would be a good idea? My goal is first and foremost to learn Russian hence spend as much time as possible with Russian people, and not foreigners like me. As a result I thought that Kemerovo would be an excellent fit since there would be less foreigners there than in Moscow. Am I right? Any thoughts welcome!

I would plump for Volgograd, larger city than Kemerovo, few foreigners, plenty to occupy the mind. better weather... 

badabing98
Posted 2018-02-16 12:41 PM (#92382 - in reply to #92377)
New User

Thanks! So I assume that you think Kemerovo would be less interesting to live in?

Edited by badabing98 2018-02-16 12:41 PM
Mel
Posted 2018-02-17 7:12 AM (#92383 - in reply to #92382)

Expert

badabing98 - 2018-02-16 5:41 PM Thanks! So I assume that you think Kemerovo would be less interesting to live in?

A quick lesson for life- NEVER ass-u-me, as it could make an ASS of U & ME, try instead to use the word "Presume".

You asked for an opinion, to wit I responded with my opinion, I do not believe for one minute that Kemerovo would be a less interesting place to live.

I found both places interesting, but as Volgograd is a much larger city, it seems to me to have more going for it IMHO.

Also interesting is that Volgograd is only a good days drive away from the Black sea, sea of Azov, and the Caspian sea.

There are also a few quiet large interesting cities around Volgograd, again about a good days drive away.

I feel that whichever place you choose, you will encounter interesting times, excellent people, and a good chance to practice/hone up your Russian language skills.

HTH 

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)