Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Random quote: Without a shepherd, sheep are not a flock - Russian Proverb
- (Added by: Chris)

Russian Visa please help!
Moderators: nickomsk, TonyH, Chris, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Visas -> Russian visasMessage format

Mel
Posted 2018-04-02 11:38 AM (#92700 - in reply to #92699)
Subject: Re: Russian Visa please help!

Expert

GaryM - 2018-04-02 4:11 PM Thanks for the clarification Mel. That also ties in with posts on the Trip Advisor site which is telling people they need to register at the police station which didn't make sense to me. But it does now after what you just said. I'm sure the queues at those places are going to be out the door and round the block. Not much fun for people trying to visit those cities who waste half a day just trying to register their visa. Looking at various posts on Trip Advisor and other sites it seems that not many of the football fans who are going have much of a clue about the registration process or in some cases the fact they need to register at all so I can see a huge amount of people who are visiting from countries all over the world falling foul of the rules and not registering because they didn't know they had to, or because it all just seemed to be too confusing. Add to that the number of posts reporting that some hotels and Airbnb hosts appear to be explicitly saying they would not register their guests. I can see the whole registration thing in the host cities becoming a complete car crash over the footy period. Good luck to those who are going. Rather them than me :>

Hotels, by that I mean registered as a hotel business have an obligation to register the guest, its the law, if they fail to do so, and get caught out, its a very biggie fine. 

Most legally compliant hotels are linked onto the registration system and can do the job in minutes online..

Airbnb are mostly made up of people renting out their apartment and probably staying at their dacha/with family/friends during this/holiday period, and not declaring the income to the taxman... 

CDG
Posted 2018-04-09 8:09 PM (#93036 - in reply to #92572)
Expert

Thursday is our day out in London.

Hopefully nothing goes wrong.
Choo Choo
Posted 2018-04-10 1:48 PM (#93046 - in reply to #93036)
Veteran

You will be fine, don't worry. Just make sure you have all your supporting documents and you should be in and out within 15 to 20 minutes. RealRussia advised me as far back as 2010 that as i was married to a Russian citizen i should be applying for a private visa as opposed to a tourist visa. The wife usually invites me if we are travelling together, otherwise my mother in law invites me. Registration is simple, Nadya goes to the Post Office and registers me, i don't even need to attend. I go and grab a few beers or visit the local fishing tackle shop for maybe 40 minutes to an hour and Bob's your Uncle it's all sorted. If you always travel together get your wife to invite you at Gee Street as it's free. (The invitation that is, not the visa) Just paid 7000 rubles for the Mother in law to invite me in the Summer as we will be travelling seperately. Hope this helps, Paul.
GaryM
Posted 2018-04-10 4:51 PM (#93049 - in reply to #93046)
Expert

Choo Choo - 2018-04-10 1:48 PM

If you always travel together get your wife to invite you at Gee Street as it's free.

Just to expand on this point a bit to avoid any confusion. The rule about only being able to apply for a private visa at the VAC with your wife as the invitee if you are travelling together isn't actually correct. Just politely ignore the staff at the VAC centre if they try and tell you otherwise. A private visit visa is a private visit visa no matter how it was applied for and by who. All private visit visas look the same. I've travelled to Russia by myself multiple times on a private visit visa that was applied for with my wife at the Gee Street VAC and I've not had any problems whatsoever when entering Russia with it by myself
Choo Choo
Posted 2018-04-11 1:00 AM (#93051 - in reply to #93049)
Veteran

Hi Gary, i too have travelled several times alone on a private visa applied for and invited by my wife at Gee street with no problems like yourself. It was only after being told by one of the charming ladies of the VAC acouple of years ago that i must be accompanied by my wife for this visa that i started to get the M.I.L. to invite me to be on the safe side. We bought a place near Anapa a couple of years ago and plan to spend much of our retirement there in a few years time. The last thing i want is any entry refusals or visa problems so i am just covering my arse and doing what the nice lady said. I can't find anything in writing anywhere to support what she said, but for my own peace of mind and for the sake of 7000 rubles this is what i choose to do. They are probably told to tell people this to help top up Vladimir Vladimirovich's pension!! :-)
CDG
Posted 2018-04-12 10:18 PM (#93077 - in reply to #92572)
Expert

All done guys, I really can't thank you enough!

Nostrovia!
CDG
Posted 2018-05-09 8:31 PM (#93316 - in reply to #92572)
Expert

Got my passport through, Once again thanks guys!
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)