Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: A spoken word is not a sparrow. Once it flies out, you can't catch it - Russian Proverb
- (Added by: Administrator)

Disclose Scotland Certificate
Moderators: DeaconStreet, nickomsk, TonyH, Chris

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Real Russia -> Living in RussiaMessage format

newrules
Posted 2018-04-29 2:22 PM (#93239)
Subject: Disclose Scotland Certificate
Regular

I applied for the basic �25 certificate recently and have sent it back (as instructed) to Scotland yesterday to have it legalised before I pay �30 to have it apostilled. My UK address is in Wales but they still did the check.

Now I hear today that there is a UK check for England and Wales addresses but I am not paying another �25 for the same certificate. Surely, DBS Scotland should have told me.

Please advise urgently. Thanks.
yoshkarola
Posted 2018-05-01 11:00 AM (#93250 - in reply to #93239)
Subject: Re: Disclose Scotland Certificate

Regular

Hi I've just been onto their Disclosure site and saw this.

If you need a basic disclosure for a job in England or Wales, apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service. If you want a basic disclosure for personal reasons rather than work purposes, apply where you live � Disclosure Scotland if you live in Scotland, or the Disclosure and Barring Service if you live in England or Wales.

Can you call or email them? I hope they can put your mind at rest. It's another thing you could do without. Good luck.
newrules
Posted 2018-05-01 12:57 PM (#93251 - in reply to #93250)
Regular

Thanks for replying. The UK DBS check is a nightmare, they use other companies to check your ID details, but they don't accept my UK bank as evidence. Also, I don't have my passport as its with the Russian Consulate.

My wife will contact the FMS after the Russian holiday. Unless I really have to, I am not happy to pay the same amount for the same check. I have emailed the UK DBS and I am waiting for a reply, I tried calling them but there was no answer after 15 minutes of waiting.

yoshkarola
Posted 2018-05-01 1:17 PM (#93252 - in reply to #93239)

Regular

Maybe youll be OK as FMS probably doesn't know that Disclosure Scotland have changed their rules. On reflection I think I'd probably just get it apostled translated etc as before. The change was only recent. I don't think they check with disclosure Scotland, they probably just look for the notary and apostle stamp. At the end of the day they gave you the disclosure and it does say no convictions so it's not your fault.
yoshkarola
Posted 2018-05-01 1:50 PM (#93253 - in reply to #93239)

Regular

If I remember right i think on my Disclosure Scotland Cert said covers Uk and Wales. I had that translated as well in case they thought it only covers Scotland.
newrules
Posted 2018-05-01 3:19 PM (#93254 - in reply to #93252)
Regular

Yeah I agree, thanks for your advice
yoshkarola
Posted 2018-05-04 1:26 PM (#93278 - in reply to #93254)

Regular

Good news I've just read some information about Disclosure Scotland. They have changed the rules but it is being phased out rather than changed to uk straight away. Therefore your disclosure should be accepted ok.
newrules
Posted 2018-05-04 4:52 PM (#93279 - in reply to #93278)
Regular

Thanks for the good news!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)