Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Never before have so few been f**ked around by so many....
- (Added by: nickomsk)

New relationship - Advise Requested
Moderators: nickomsk, TonyH, Chris, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Russian Relationships -> Scams and suspicionsMessage format

mat
Posted 2018-05-02 11:54 PM (#93263)
Subject: New relationship - Advise Requested
New User

Hi,

Over the last month, me and my new girlfriend from Russia have been mostly conversing by email with the occasional phone call. After a message via EliteSingles.

It has come to a point where she would like to see me in the UK, while on leave from her job.

Everything was proceeding as normal, applied for her visitor's visa, gathered the evidence from various sources. The problem is when she went for her interview at the visa centre in Moscow, she said that everything was fine except she would need to supply "Proof of Solvency". This caused a bit of a problem because according to her she would need to have the equivalent to near 4,000 pounds, and asked me if I can help.

At the point, I smelt something odd about this. I have a few questions?

1. Is there a requirement for Russian Nationals to prove they have enough money?
2. As neither of us doesn't earn a lot of money (most definitely not enough to cover the solvency requirement), is there a way around this without breaking the bank?

I am smelling a scam here, but I am keeping a cautious but open mind in case she isn't scamming. Any advice would be useful.

Edited by mat 2018-05-02 11:57 PM
yoshkarola
Posted 2018-05-03 1:46 PM (#93268 - in reply to #93263)
Subject: Re: New relationship - Advise Requested

Regular

Don't want to put you off but sounds a bit like a scam. My friend got ripped off and was asked to pay money into Tinkoff bank in dollars. If I were you I'd say that you want to visit her in Russia. If she says Russia not a safe place etc or tries to put you off I think she would be a scammer? I could be wrong. Golden rule don't send money to someone you've never met. If it were me I'd see how she responds when yiu say I want to visit you in Russia first then later you visit me in uk. Good luck.
yoshkarola
Posted 2018-05-03 1:57 PM (#93269 - in reply to #93263)

Regular

Another thing you could do is check out her email address. Nowadays most people have access to Skype or Viber etc. or have friends who do. Say you want to see her on Skype. If she declines saying she got bad internet connection or her mobile is old. I'd say poka poka.
Mel
Posted 2018-05-07 8:15 AM (#93306 - in reply to #93263)
Subject: RE: New relationship - Advise Requested

Expert

mat - 2018-05-03 4:54 AM Hi, Over the last month, me and my new girlfriend from Russia have been mostly conversing by email with the occasional phone call. After a message via EliteSingles. It has come to a point where she would like to see me in the UK, while on leave from her job. Everything was proceeding as normal, applied for her visitor's visa, gathered the evidence from various sources. The problem is when she went for her interview at the visa centre in Moscow, she said that everything was fine except she would need to supply "Proof of Solvency". This caused a bit of a problem because according to her she would need to have the equivalent to near 4,000 pounds, and asked me if I can help. At the point, I smelt something odd about this. I have a few questions? 1. Is there a requirement for Russian Nationals to prove they have enough money? 2. As neither of us doesn't earn a lot of money (most definitely not enough to cover the solvency requirement), is there a way around this without breaking the bank? I am smelling a scam here, but I am keeping a cautious but open mind in case she isn't scamming. Any advice would be useful.

Run Mat RUN....

99% chance its a scam...

CDG
Posted 2018-05-09 8:32 PM (#93317 - in reply to #93263)
Expert

How did this all play out in the end?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)