Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: You only know me as you see me, not as I actually am (Kant - paraphrase)
- (Added by: Chris)

New registration rules in Russia from 15-02-2011
Moderators: nickomsk, TonyH, Chris, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Visas -> Visa registrationMessage format

GaryM
Posted 2011-04-04 1:31 PM (#42181 - in reply to #42084)
Subject: Re: New registration rules in Russia from 15-02-2011
Expert

I was about to send my registration slip back to Russia today but decided to do some of my own research into the new registration requirement a bit more first.

I have come across a few articles which seem to indicate that the visa de-registration process is now effectively redundant and that the visa for a foreign national will be automatically de-registered from a location when they either register at a new location, or when they exit russia. These rules appear to apply to ALL foreign nationals visiting Russia (i.e. not just Highly Qualified Professionals on a work type visa).

If this information is correct then it means that there is no longer any need for your host to post the registration slip back to the UFMS (as was previously the case) after your departure from Russia, and no need to hand it in at immigration control yourself on the way out of Russia either. The process of handing the "departure" part of your migration slip back in and the immigration officer entering your visa details into the computerised system means that your visa will be de-registered automatically. Therefore, the only purpose the registration slip now is to prove that you have registered your visa if asked by the authorities while you are in Russia.

So it looks like there is no need for me to worry about sending my visa registration slip back to Russia
Mel
Posted 2011-04-04 2:15 PM (#42186 - in reply to #42181)

Expert

GaryM - 2011-04-04 6:31 PM I was about to send my registration slip back to Russia today but decided to do some of my own research into the new registration requirement a bit more first. I have come across a few articles which seem to indicate that the visa de-registration process is now effectively redundant and that the visa for a foreign national will be automatically de-registered from a location when they either register at a new location, or when they exit russia. These rules appear to apply to ALL foreign nationals visiting Russia (i.e. not just Highly Qualified Professionals on a work type visa). If this information is correct then it means that there is no longer any need for your host to post the registration slip back to the UFMS (as was previously the case) after your departure from Russia, and no need to hand it in at immigration control yourself on the way out of Russia either. The process of handing the "departure" part of your migration slip back in and the immigration officer entering your visa details into the computerised system means that your visa will be de-registered automatically. Therefore, the only purpose the registration slip now is to prove that you have registered your visa if asked by the authorities while you are in Russia. So it looks like there is no need for me to worry about sending my visa registration slip back to Russia

You are correct Gary.....

Mel
Posted 2011-04-10 5:06 AM (#42395 - in reply to #42186)

Expert

All foreigners who arrive in ­Russia come up against a considerable number of questions connected with Russian legal regulation, starting with how to fill in the migration card correctly, and when they have to register at the place they are staying. Registration rules in the private sector change rather frequently, and recently, on March 20, 2011, President Dmitry Medvedev accepted Federal Law No. 42-FZ, which modifies the procedure for registration of foreign citizens and stateless persons. In this article we want to cover in detail how to be registered correctly under the new migration registration rules.

We begin with the migration card that every foreigner receives on crossing the border of the Russian Federation, which has to be filled in.

The migration card serves as a control over the time spent in the Russian Federation and contains two parts: entry and ex it (Parts А and В). Notes about arrival are made by border control officials. The filled-in "entry" Part А is taken from the foreign citizen at border control and passed on to immigration control. The "exit" half (Part B) with notes about the date of entry is kept by the foreign citizen for the whole stay in the Russian Federation and handed over to border control officials on departure from the Russian Federation. The migration card also serves as the document necessary for registration.

The next issue concerns visa registration. All foreign citizens who arrive on a Russian visa are obliged to notify the Federal Migration Service on arrival. However, this is the responsibility not of foreign citizens themselves, but of their receiving party — the person with whom the foreign citizen actually lives, or the organization in which the foreign citizen works. For foreign citizens staying in a hotel, the hotel administration will take all actions necessary to register them, but for those staying in the private sector, the receiving party should inform the Federal Migration Service of the foreigners' arrival.

Before acceptance of Federal Law No. 42-FZ, foreigners had to be registered within three working days of arrival in the Russian Federation. This period has now been extended to seven working days. Thus, from March 25 when the law comes into force, foreigners whose term of stay in the Russian Federation is less than seven days have the right not to register.

Those who are going to stay in Russia more than seven days should give a copy of their passport, a copy of their visa and the original of their migration card to their receiving party — either landlord or employer — to complete the registration formalities. The receiving party should go with these documents and the foreign citizen's filled-in registration form to the local FMS office or the nearest post office. They will put a stamp on the registration form saying it has been received, and return the tear-off part of the document to the receiving party.

The receiving party should return this tear-off part to the foreign citizen. This tear-off part with the FMS stamp is the confirmation that the foreign citizen has been registered. At departure, the foreign citizen gives the tear-off part of the registration form to the Immigration control at the departure port, thus effecting automatic deregistration. 

I would like to draw your attention to the fact that the term of the foreign citizen's temporary residence in the Russian Federation is determined by the period of validity of the issued visa. The foreign citizen is obliged to leave the Russian Federation at the end of the permitted term of stay.

Violation of the migration and registration regulations can entail administrative responsibility for the foreign citizen in the form of a fine of 2,000 rubles to 5,000 rubles, and in some cases deportation from the Russian Federation. For any foreign citizen who has been subject to deportation, entry to the Russian Federation can be denied for up to five years.

The changes in the law on migration registration concern responsibility for violating the registration regulations. Henceforth, persons who fail to register at the place they stay will be liable only when they were obligated themselves to give information about their own location, for example if they have ownership rights to residential property. However, a much more significant penalty is imposed on the receiving party for not fulfilling their responsibilities in connection with migratory registration: from 2,000 rubles to 4,000 rubles for citizens, from 40,000 rubles to 50,000 rubles for officials, and from 400,000 rubles to 500,000 rubles for legal entities.

However, from the moment of entry of law No. 42-FZ into force, registration of foreign employees at the office in which they work is once again permitted. Thus, from March 25, 2011, foreign citizens should be registered within seven working days, and in the column for the address of place of residence you can indicate either the apartment address in which the foreigner is staying, or the address of the firm's office.

This was posted on another website, and is a pretty accurate translation in "Easy to read/understand" terms about the new system in Russia regarding registration....

HTH

Edited by Mel 2011-04-10 5:09 AM
CDG
Posted 2011-04-10 1:46 PM (#42407 - in reply to #41064)
Expert

Not sure how this works for me -

In June we are going to be in St Petersburg for 2 weeks, the first 10 days we were hoping to stay at her parents appartement now the problem we have here is this is around 2-3 hours from St Petersburg and is in a small village reserved for army workers, I know from when visiting one of her friends who lives in the same village as her parents we established if the army knew I was her friends house we would have a big problem (husband has some form of undercover job for the Russian army). Not sure if the same problem would be in her parents House too, they haven't told us of any problem but there English is limited. Previously I used to register my visa in Nevsky Prospect via a company Gary M recommended, after staying at my missus's appartment for 1 day, the address I used was some accomadation I had stayed at before via a rental company in Nevsky Prospect, I have done this for quite a period of time is this something I could still do?

So to re-cap I arrive in St Petersburg on a Sunday evening, I register my visa on Monday morning with an address I have stayed at in previous years in Nevsky Prospekt then Monday afternoon i collect my visa and then go and spend 10 days with my wife's parents. We then return to St Petersburg to stay with her friends. If anyone thinks this is going to give me a big problem then please let me know and I will speak to the rental Company I sometimes use and see if I stay there for say the first night (the address by the way is the one in Nevsky Prospekt) if they can register my visa for the whole duration of my stay.

Edited by CDG 2011-04-10 1:58 PM
Rasboinik
Posted 2011-04-10 6:56 PM (#42412 - in reply to #42407)

Expert

Chris, your dilemma is a bit tricky.

My suggestion would be to register you visa in St Petersburg, visit your wife's parents for 6 days (according to the new rules you do not have to register within 7 days) return to St Petersburg for a day or two  and then return to visit your wife's parents for a few more days (keep copies of the tickets from your wife's parents village to St Petersburgh and back).

I fully accept that my suggestion is not 100% kosher, but if you get questioned you should be able to argue that you did comply with the registration rules.

I am ready to be concerning my suggestion.

Mel
Posted 2011-04-10 7:29 PM (#42416 - in reply to #42412)

Expert

Rasboinik - 2011-04-10 11:56 PM

Chris, your dilemma is a bit tricky.

My suggestion would be to register you visa in St Petersburg, visit your wife's parents for 6 days (according to the new rules you do not have to register within 7 days) return to St Petersburg for a day or two  and then return to visit your wife's parents for a few more days (keep copies of the tickets from your wife's parents village to St Petersburgh and back).

I fully accept that my suggestion is not 100% kosher, but if you get questioned you should be able to argue that you did comply with the registration rules.

I am ready to be concerning my suggestion.

Tut Tut Raffi, fancy giving our honerable member Chris such bad advice, you surely know, that once a person is registered at one place, then they come under Russian laws concerning movements, whereas, if one is going to be "Away" from their place of registration for 3 or more working days, then they have to de-register, and re-register at the new place of residency......

Chris,

If I may offer a suggestion, arrive late Sunday at St P's, then travel into Monday to her parents, which will mean that your registration period begins from Tuesday (as travelling time is not counted).... Stay at her parents until approx the following Tuesday, returning late evening Tues/early morning Wed to St P's, effect your registration, and you should be 100% ok.....

I am a little concerned about the village which you will be staying at, if you wish to pm me with the name of the village, I will try to find out if there could be a problem for you by being there...

HTH...

Edited by Mel 2011-04-10 7:31 PM
CDG
Posted 2011-04-10 8:57 PM (#42427 - in reply to #41064)
Expert

Thanks for the advice. Will speak to rental Company we use too and see what they advise.

I've not done anything by the book before and that includes getting business visa's in the first place for Russia! Just want to see if I can do what I did before or if things have tightened.

I spoke to my wife Mel about this village, she thinks her friends husband is wrong, she has spoken to her mum and dad about the situation and they have said I am allowed to stay without any risk of the KGB coming after me, ha ha!

I've stayed there twice before for a decent length of time without any form of problem.

Edited by CDG 2011-04-10 8:58 PM
Mel
Posted 2011-04-10 9:00 PM (#42428 - in reply to #42427)

Expert

CDG - 2011-04-11 1:57 AM Thanks for the advice. Will speak to rental Company we use too and see what they advise. I've not done anything by the book before and that includes getting business visa's in the first place for Russia! Just want to see if I can do what I did before or if things have tightened. I spoke to my wife Mel about this village, she thinks her friends husband is wrong, she has spoken to her mum and dad about the situation and they have said I am allowed to stay without any risk of the KGB coming after me, ha ha! I've stayed there twice before for a decent length of time without any form of problem.

Thats good Chris....

Btw, the KGB have been sacked, its now the FSB who will be watching you........ha ha....

Will speak with a friend of mine......

CDG
Posted 2011-04-11 8:48 PM (#42457 - in reply to #41064)
Expert

Hmm, just tried emailing Real Russia via the fast contact form and it said I was sending them Spam! Lol.

Any ideas how to fix this? The rental Company are only able to help me if I use there services for the visa which would involve going to the Consulate which I'm not to keen on and would rather use real russia or using them for renting an appartment for a period of my stay, again wouldn't really need this, we are at my wifes parents address for most of this and can stay at her friends for any days we wish to spend in Piter.

I seem to re-call somone saying on here before (could be Gary M?) the address they filled in on the migration card was just St Petersburg, are we saying this would now be a major problem? Her parents address is Leningrad Oblast which might still come under St Petersburg?

Edited by CDG 2011-04-11 8:52 PM
GaryM
Posted 2011-04-11 9:17 PM (#42460 - in reply to #42457)
Expert

CDG - 2011-04-11 8:48 PM

Any ideas how to fix this? The rental Company are only able to help me if I use there services for the visa which would involve going to the Consulate which I'm not to keen on and would rather use real russia or using them for renting an appartment for a period of my stay, again wouldn't really need this, we are at my wifes parents address for most of this and can stay at her friends for any days we wish to spend in Piter.

I seem to re-call somone saying on here before (could be Gary M?) the address they filled in on the migration card was just St Petersburg, are we saying this would now be a major problem? Her parents address is Leningrad Oblast which might still come under St Petersburg?

You say you are going to stay with your wife's friends flat in St. Petersburg after first spending 10 days at her parent's place in the army village.

What I would do is as soon as you arrive is to go to the post office in the city (or use the one in the departures building at Pulkovo airport) and get her friends to register you as staying at their flat in St Petersburg, or use a visa registration agency to register (where they use the service of a local hotel to do the registration as you well know). Either way, you would then be registered in the city for the whole duration of your stay.

If anyone in the army village asks to see your registration papers (probably unlikely unless you start mouthing about in the street) then you just say you have been in the village for less than 7 working days because don't forget that you only need to re-register at a new location after being there for 7 or more working days. Just keep a low profile and you should be OK.

When we went to Repino a few years back we did just that (register as staying in the city before we went to Repino) because the hotel we stayed at there didn't have any facilities to register a foreigner's visa.

Don't forget that when you come back through immigration control at Pulkovo airport, the officer may refuse to look at or take your visa registration slip back like they did with me but this isn't a problem because as already established in my previous post, the fact that your visa details get entered into the computer when you exit Russia is enough to cause the automatic de-registration of your visa

I always just put "St Petersburg" on the migration card as the person/place I will be visiting even though we stay at my wife's parents flat in a town outside the city. I've never experienced any issues doing this in all the times I've travelled there in the past 5 years.
CDG
Posted 2011-04-11 9:36 PM (#42464 - in reply to #42460)
Expert

GaryM - 2011-04-11 9:17 PM

CDG - 2011-04-11 8:48 PM

You say you are going to stay with your wife's friends flat in St. Petersburg after first spending 10 days at her parent's place in the army village.

What I would do is as soon as you arrive is to go to the post office in the city (or use the one in the departures building at Pulkovo airport) and get her friends to register you as staying at their flat in St Petersburg, or use a visa registration agency to register (where they use the service of a local hotel to do the registration as you well know). Either way, you would then be registered in the city for the whole duration of your stay.

If anyone in the army village asks to see your registration papers (probably unlikely unless you start mouthing about in the street) then you just say you have been in the village for less than 7 working days because don't forget that you only need to re-register at a new location after being there for 7 or more working days. Just keep a low profile and you should be OK.

When we went to Repino a few years back we did just that (register as staying in the city before we went to Repino) because the hotel we stayed at there didn't have any facilities to register a foreigner's visa.

Don't forget that when you come back through immigration control at Pulkovo airport, the officer may refuse to look at or take your visa registration slip back like they did with me but this isn't a problem because as already established in my previous post, the fact that your visa details get entered into the computer when you exit Russia is enough to cause the automatic de-registration of your visa

I always just put "St Petersburg" on the migration card as the person/place I will be visiting even though we stay at my wife's parents flat in a town outside the city. I've never experienced any issues doing this in all the times I've travelled there in the past 5 years.

Thanks Gary, I will do the same as I have done previous years then.

Cheers!
Mel
Posted 2011-04-13 5:12 AM (#42483 - in reply to #42460)

Expert

GaryM - 2011-04-12 2:17 AM
then you just say you have been in the village for less than 7 working days because don't forget that you only need to re-register at a new location after being there for 7 or more working days. Just keep a low profile and you should be OK. .

This is NOT correct, once you are registered (Within 7 working days of arrival in Russia), you must de-register/re-register when moving area for more than 3 working days.......(This part of the law has not been changed).....

HTH

Rasboinik
Posted 2011-04-13 7:31 AM (#42484 - in reply to #42416)

Expert

Mel - 2011-04-11 5:29 AM

Tut Tut Raffi, fancy giving our honerable member Chris such bad advice, you surely know, that once a person is registered at one place, then they come under Russian laws concerning movements, whereas, if one is going to be "Away" from their place of registration for 3 or more working days, then they have to de-register, and re-register at the new place of residency......

Mel,

I did not know that once registered then the registration reverts back to the 3 day rule (I have not been in Sakhalin) for more than 4 months now}, but I do know now, so thanks for the info.

GaryM
Posted 2011-04-13 11:20 AM (#42486 - in reply to #42483)
Expert

Mel - 2011-04-13 5:12 AM

then you just say you have been in the village for less than 7 working days because don't forget that you only need to re-register at a new location after being there for 7 or more working days. Just keep a low profile and you should be OK. .

This is NOT correct, once you are registered (Within 7 working days of arrival in Russia), you must de-register/re-register when moving area for more than 3 working days.......(This part of the law has not been changed).....

HTH

OK thanks Mel, I didn't digest the previous information correctly and thought the new 7 working day limit applied to all registrations / re-registrations and not just the initial one.

If I was in Chris' shoes I think I would still just register in the city. You only need to be registered where you are staying (interpreted as sleeping accommodation) and there is nothing to say that he wasn't just making daily visits to the village every day from the city which means he would be correctly registered
Mel
Posted 2011-04-16 9:51 AM (#42509 - in reply to #42486)

Expert

GaryM - 2011-04-13 4:20 PM
Mel - 2011-04-13 5:12 AM

HTH

OK thanks Mel, I didn't digest the previous information correctly and thought the new 7 working day limit applied to all registrations / re-registrations and not just the initial one. If I was in Chris' shoes I think I would still just register in the city. You only need to be registered where you are staying (interpreted as sleeping accommodation) and there is nothing to say that he wasn't just making daily visits to the village every day from the city which means he would be correctly registered

agree.......

Mel
Posted 2011-04-16 9:52 AM (#42510 - in reply to #42484)

Expert

Rasboinik - 2011-04-13 12:31 PM

Mel - 2011-04-11 5:29 AM

Mel,

I did not know that once registered then the registration reverts back to the 3 day rule (I have not been in Sakhalin) for more than 4 months now}, but I do know now, so thanks for the info.

Welcome Raffi........

Anytime....

CDG
Posted 2011-05-01 8:20 PM (#42684 - in reply to #42464)
Expert

Now I'm confused, I started completing my visa for my trip next month to St Petersburg and there was a drop down option for a further £15 where Real Russia could register my visa for me. Now this would save us a whole load of time and allow us to go my wifes parents appartment the same day we arrive, other than this we are going to arrive in St Petersburg Sunday evening, staying at my wifes friends house overnight, going to the same visa place in Nevsky Prospekt we have been to before in the morning before picking up the visa in the afternoon and spending the next 10 days at her parents house which is a couple of hours away in Leningrad Oblast. We have no intention of naming any real address I am staying at, I was intending on just putting an address of an appartment I had stayed at before in Nevsky Prospekt which belong to a rental company.

So the questions is - am I going to cock things up by using real russia for the register visa option or am i better off just completing my migration form with this address of this appartment and handing it in to the visa company in Nevsky Prospekt like I have done previously? The reason why I am asking is previously I had a business visa and was a frequent visitor to St Petersburg but this was before the rules change.I'm not too concerned with doing things by the book because if I was I wouldn't have had a business visa in the first place to go to Russia lol.

Cheers in advance.

Edited by CDG 2011-05-01 8:34 PM
muffy
Posted 2011-05-02 10:09 AM (#42699 - in reply to #42684)
Extreme Veteran

CDG - 2011-05-01 8:20 PM

Now I'm confused, I started completing my visa for my trip next month to St Petersburg and there was a drop down option for a further £15 where Real Russia could register my visa for me. Now this would save us a whole load of time and allow us to go my wifes parents appartment the same day we arrive, other than this we are going to arrive in St Petersburg Sunday evening, staying at my wifes friends house overnight, going to the same visa place in Nevsky Prospekt we have been to before in the morning before picking up the visa in the afternoon and spending the next 10 days at her parents house which is a couple of hours away in Leningrad Oblast. We have no intention of naming any real address I am staying at, I was intending on just putting an address of an appartment I had stayed at before in Nevsky Prospekt which belong to a rental company.

So the questions is - am I going to cock things up by using real russia for the register visa option or am i better off just completing my migration form with this address of this appartment and handing it in to the visa company in Nevsky Prospekt like I have done previously? The reason why I am asking is previously I had a business visa and was a frequent visitor to St Petersburg but this was before the rules change.I'm not too concerned with doing things by the book because if I was I wouldn't have had a business visa in the first place to go to Russia lol.

Cheers in advance.

I ended up using Real Russia for the registration for my business visa this time after Tula UFMS gave my fiance probably false information about registrating at the local UFMS. We are going to look into the post office route the next time I come for an extended stay especially as the lady at the our local post office seemed very curious about a foriegner in her post office the last time we went there.
Anyway having decided that I was going to play it by the book by actually collecting the slip from the Real Russia this morning(I managed to get from Kursk station-Real Russia office-Pavelskaya in 65 minutes) as I had just enough time to do this rather then using my print out from a colour printer which had been suggested offlist, I arrived at Domodedovo airport, checked in, went to passport control and guess what, they weren't interested in my registration slip which was handed back to me, I noticed the person next to me got the same treatment.
Has anyone else found this at Domodedovo or elsewhere?
CDG
Posted 2011-05-02 4:53 PM (#42705 - in reply to #41064)
Expert

Thanks Neil, I don't have a business visa anymore since i'm now married and the missus is now living here so it's just a tourist visa for my visit to Russia.

I still can't work out if i'm going to create a problem for myself by asking real russia to register my visa for me when I apply for my visa with them or if It's going to be easier just to register the visa at a made up address (the address is real and i have stayed there before) just i'm not staying there this time.
CDG
Posted 2011-05-02 6:58 PM (#42713 - in reply to #41064)
Expert

Done the visa and gambled on doing the visa registration via real russia too.
muffy
Posted 2011-05-03 8:23 AM (#42716 - in reply to #42705)
Extreme Veteran

CDG - 2011-05-02 4:53 PM

Thanks Neil, I don't have a business visa anymore since i'm now married and the missus is now living here so it's just a tourist visa for my visit to Russia.

I still can't work out if i'm going to create a problem for myself by asking real russia to register my visa for me when I apply for my visa with them or if It's going to be easier just to register the visa at a made up address (the address is real and i have stayed there before) just i'm not staying there this time.

All my recent visa's(was on visitor visa's but changed to Business for this year) have been organised through Real Russia and all but one of them have been registered through Real Russia.
secddan
Posted 2011-05-03 2:15 PM (#42718 - in reply to #41064)
Regular

Hi All
Having got back from Niznhy Novgorod via Moscow last week,I gave my passport over to the guy at the desk in DME and he took a quick look at the registartion doc and gave it back to me, showing no interest. There was no indication as to it being required. My girlfriend registered me at the local post office in Niznhy Novgorod. What was new, I did receive a number of stamps on my boarding card going through security, this seemed to annoy those in the departure lounge, as i boarded the plane.
GaryM
Posted 2011-05-03 2:52 PM (#42719 - in reply to #42718)
Expert

muffy - 2011-05-02 10:09 AM

I arrived at Domodedovo airport, checked in, went to passport control and guess what, they weren't interested in my registration slip which was handed back to me, I noticed the person next to me got the same treatment.
Has anyone else found this at Domodedovo or elsewhere?

secddan - 2011-05-03 2:15 PM

Having got back from Niznhy Novgorod via Moscow last week,I gave my passport over to the guy at the desk in DME and he took a quick look at the registartion doc and gave it back to me, showing no interest. There was no indication as to it being required. My girlfriend registered me at the local post office in Niznhy Novgorod. What was new, I did receive a number of stamps on my boarding card going through security, this seemed to annoy those in the departure lounge, as i boarded the plane.

I got the same treatment at Pulkovo airport (St Petersburg) but since found out that handing the registration slip back at immigration control (or sending it back in the post) isn't actually required any more as your visa gets automatically de-registered when you exit Russia and they enter your details into the computer / stamp an exit date on your visa at immigration control. The only need for the slip now is in case you get stopped by the authorities while you're in Russia and asked for proof of having registered your visa. See my previous posts in this thread (#42084 and #42181).
muffy
Posted 2011-07-03 11:43 PM (#44362 - in reply to #42719)
Extreme Veteran

Quick Update. You still have to fill in the migration cards if going into Moscow through SVO but like my previous experiences with DME no interest was shown in my registration slip.
Pokuston
Posted 2011-08-17 2:16 PM (#45377 - in reply to #42719)
New User

That's very interesting! I've just got back from St P and have had nagging doubts about deregistration as I still have my registration slip.

The confusion started when my hosts said that they didn't need the reg. slip. So I decided to ask at the tourist office to double check, and the staff there said I should keep the slip for passport control at Pulkovo airport. But the immigration offical there didn't even want to see it.

I was concerned that I'd broken the rules because I still have the slip, although it's been really confusing trying to work out which is the correct procedure concerning deregistration. Do I hand back the slip to my hosts (as I did when I visited St P in August last year) or to the immigration officials? I was unaware of the latter procedure until I started researching the system over the weekend. Was deregistration at passport control introduced recently?

While I'm not planning any more trips to Russia in the immediate future, I certainly would like to go back at some point, and obviously I don't wanted to be banned from the country for not following proper procedures. But am I right in thinking that I needn't worry, as I've been deregistered anyway, when I went through passport controls at the airport? Sorry for yet another question about this issue!!
Cheers
David
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)