Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: The tongue always returns to the sore tooth - Russian Proverb
- (Added by: Chris)

Visa Registration in Moscow
Moderators: nickomsk, TonyH, Chris, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Visas -> Visa registrationMessage format

Celestica
Posted 2011-04-26 7:42 PM (#42633)
Subject: Visa Registration in Moscow
Regular

Hey all,

I've posted here before but with my trip getting very close now, I was wondering if anyone could help clear up some outstanding questions I have. Please forgive me for any stupid questions I might ask... this is my first time seeing never mind filling out a Visa application.

Of course my first question is about Visa registration. I've noticed in the Tourist Visa application it has an option to select Visa Registration if I am staying in Moscow but not a hotel. I was wondering if it is possible to select the £15 to register anyway (even though I will be staying in a hostel) mainly just to avoid the hassle when I arrive. I know this might seem lazy but it's always handy just to cut corners. Secondly, do I need to register the visa every time I change hotel/hostel within the same city, or just from city to city, i.e. when I go from Moscow to Volgograd?

Lastly, I've noticed that when selecting cities to visit that a Hotel/Hostel Menu also popped up next to it. What if the hostel I am going to isn't in the list, do I just leave the -Hotel- option as it is?

Once this is clear I should be all set to go and filling out my application this Friday.

Cheers
mym
Posted 2011-04-26 8:28 PM (#42634 - in reply to #42633)
Subject: Re: Visa Registration in Moscow
Elite Veteran

Er, registering via Realrussia is *more* of a hassle than your hotel doing it - which is the normal, everyday method.

You only need to re-register if you change city.
Rasboinik
Posted 2011-04-26 10:16 PM (#42635 - in reply to #42633)
Subject: RE: Visa Registration in Moscow

Expert

Celestica - 2011-04-27 5:42 AM

Hey all,

I've posted here before but with my trip getting very close now, I was wondering if anyone could help clear up some outstanding questions I have. Please forgive me for any stupid questions I might ask... this is my first time seeing never mind filling out a Visa application.

Of course my first question is about Visa registration. I've noticed in the Tourist Visa application it has an option to select Visa Registration if I am staying in Moscow but not a hotel. I was wondering if it is possible to select the £15 to register anyway (even though I will be staying in a hostel) mainly just to avoid the hassle when I arrive. I know this might seem lazy but it's always handy just to cut corners. Secondly, do I need to register the visa every time I change hotel/hostel within the same city, or just from city to city, i.e. when I go from Moscow to Volgograd?
mym - 2011-04-27  6:28 AM

Er, registering via Realrussia is *more* of a hassle than your hotel doing it - which is the normal, everyday method.

You only need to re-register if you change city.

On top of that the hotel will insist that they register your visa (it is part of the check-in process), it is nothing complicated they have all the forms they just keep your passport for a short time. while they take down the details, they then return your passport to you.

The longest that a hotel (in Russia) retained my passport was a few hours and the shortest was less time than the time that it took me to drink a coffee.

Lastly, I've noticed that when selecting cities to visit that a Hotel/Hostel Menu also popped up next to it. What if the hostel I am going to isn't in the list, do I just leave the -Hotel- option as it is?

Once this is clear I should be all set to go and filling out my application this Friday.

Cheers

I have never answered that question in more than five years of applying for Russian visas.

Good luck with the application.

born_in_the_USSR
Posted 2011-04-27 10:05 AM (#42636 - in reply to #42633)

Most hotels register their guests on their check-in. But they do take a small fee for this service. If your hostel can't register you, then RR Moscow office will be happy to help. You will need to send them a clear copy of your passprot photo and visa pages and migration card to registration@realrussia.co.uk
They will ask you to pay for the service and will send you a link for payment (£15.00).
Once the registration is done, you will need to come to the office to collect the original registration slip which, starting from March 2011, the Russian migration law asks you to hand in on the border when leaving the country.

You will need to register your visa in each city you are staying for more than 7 working days.

Just let RR know your hostel name and they will add it to the list, so it will be available in the drop-down menu.

Hope this helps.
Celestica
Posted 2011-04-27 1:37 PM (#42637 - in reply to #42634)
Regular

Thanks a lot guys, much appreciated.

Looking forward to applying for my Visa now.. = )
Celestica
Posted 2011-04-28 1:32 PM (#42644 - in reply to #42637)
Regular

I almost forgot! Can I pay on my debit card as I don't have a credit card yet.

Cheers
johnsharkey
Posted 2011-04-28 1:37 PM (#42645 - in reply to #42633)
Expert

Yes you can Stephen...........dont use a credit card.....not long booked a train ticket via RR for my wife.easy peasy......john
Celestica
Posted 2011-05-01 2:08 PM (#42678 - in reply to #42645)
Regular

Me and my friend applied for the Visa yesterday.

We were forced to put a Hotel/Hostel name into each of the cities we wanted to visit as it wouldn't let us continue to the next page. Do we now have an obligation to book with these specific hotels or is it more flexible than that?

I also added a note at the end of the application as I can't remember my previous managers surnames. Staff turnover was very high in both of my jobs and it was also many years ago, will this have a negative impact on my application?

Besides that it seemed quite straightforward!

Cheers
pauluk2009
Posted 2011-05-02 6:27 PM (#42710 - in reply to #42634)

i registered my Visa with real russia on Thursday. Was no hassle at all. my hotel didn't even offer to do it or ask for passport.
evergreen
Posted 2012-07-06 2:47 PM (#51789 - in reply to #42633)
New User

Hi,
If you are going to out of the city,where you are staying.Then,you only need to re -register the visa.

Good Luck!!!
TravelMac
Posted 2013-10-31 10:53 PM (#59541 - in reply to #42633)

Didnt want to start a new thread, so hoped this could be appropraite to post here.

When using services such as RR. Do they write the exact period which you are staying in Russia/spesified city or do they add some extra days for security ( travel plans can change etc.) ?
The services i use do specify the arrival date and leaving date ( They ask when i arrived and how long period i want to be registered. When i get the receipt, the start and end date is stated on the registration slip). However, would leaving before the validity date of the registration create any problems? I assume this should be OK since the passport control do the de-registration?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)