Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice - Anton Chekhov
- (Added by: Chris)

registering at my wifes address in Russia
Moderators: nickomsk, TonyH, Chris, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Visas -> Visa registrationMessage format

auster
Posted 2011-04-29 1:39 AM (#42653)
Subject: registering at my wifes address in Russia

Hi All,

Back for more advice with a new trip to Russia planned.

My question is that I my wife and I will be coming back to Russia for a month or two and while in Russia I will be staying at my wifes home which she still owns. I would like to know if she as owner of the house could still register me to stay with her under the normal tourist visa registration.

I was under the belief that as the house is owned by my wife i cannot stay at her home unless under a guest visa which would be better to avoid due to being a long and tedious process.

Much appreciate any help! Cheers, Terry
GaryM
Posted 2011-04-30 4:03 PM (#42665 - in reply to #42653)
Subject: RE: registering at my wifes address in Russia
Expert

It's not a problem. Assuming your wife is registered at the address of that home in her internal passport then she can legally register you on a tourist visa at that address without any issues.

The only thing that doesn't quite make sense is that you say you are planning to go for a couple of months. There is no tourist visa that lasts for longer than 30 days so if you are intending on going for more than 30 days you will need a different type of visa (i.e. not a tourist one). You can apply for a family visit visa (single entry visa lasting 3 months) but this will require you to make a trip in person with your wife to the VAC in Gee Street, London to make the application. There is also a restriction with this type of visa in that officially you must be accompanied by your wife when entering and leaving Russia.

HTH
Rasboinik
Posted 2011-04-30 7:45 PM (#42667 - in reply to #42665)

Expert

GaryM - 2011-05-01 2:03 AM

It's not a problem. Assuming your wife is registered at the address of that home in her internal passport then she can legally register you on a tourist visa at that address without any issues.
100% correct.

The only thing that doesn't quite make sense is that you say you are planning to go for a couple of months. There is no tourist visa that lasts for longer than 30 days so if you are intending on going for more than 30 days you will need a different type of visa (i.e. not a tourist one). You can apply for a family visit visa (single entry visa lasting 3 months) but this will require you to make a trip in person with your wife to the VAC in Gee Street, London to make the application. There is also a restriction with this type of visa in that officially you must be accompanied by your wife when entering and leaving Russia.
The other option is a business visa.
The business visa allows you to enter and leave Russia without the need to be accompanied, and I am sure that you will be conducting some form of business while in Russia (Helping grocery shop owners to maintain a healthy profit (by buying groceries)) is a good example.
auster
Posted 2011-05-02 12:59 AM (#42697 - in reply to #42653)

Thanks for the help, very much appreciated. Looks like the stay will be for 2 to 3 weeks now so might go the Business visa just in case...!
Cheers, Terry
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)