Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten - Russian Proverb
- (Added by: Chris)

Proof of employment? (UK passport holder)
Moderators: nickomsk, TonyH, Chris, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Visas -> Russian visasMessage format

sjc
Posted 2011-06-09 3:11 PM (#43673)
Subject: Proof of employment? (UK passport holder)
New User

What proof of employment does one have to suply with the visa application? As we are planning to leave our jobs (or finish university) to take this trip would it be better to give names of current (or ex) employers or be honest and say we will be unemployed?

Malcolm
Posted 2011-06-09 3:29 PM (#43675 - in reply to #43673)
Subject: Re: Proof of employment? (UK passport holder)

Expert

Welcome to the forum.
What visa do you require, what passports do you have and where are you travelling to/from?
sjc
Posted 2011-06-09 3:52 PM (#43678 - in reply to #43673)
New User

Thanks.

We are UK passport holders, requiring a tourist visa and are planning to enter Russia from Estonia and leave at Mongolia. Total time in Russia will be under 30 days.
GaryM
Posted 2011-06-09 4:28 PM (#43683 - in reply to #43678)
Expert

No proof of emplyment is needed for a Russian tourist visa application.
Michaeldunha
Posted 2011-06-11 10:19 AM (#43748 - in reply to #43673)

Elite Veteran

I would think the proof of finances rule would apply in such cases, in the same way as it does to self employed people.
GaryM
Posted 2011-06-11 12:51 PM (#43759 - in reply to #43748)
Expert

Michaeldunha - 2011-06-11 10:19 AM

I would think the proof of finances rule would apply in such cases, in the same way as it does to self employed people.

No proof of finances are required either, or proof of anything else for that matter when applying for a Russian tourist visa.

I've had more Russian tourist visas than I can remember over the past 5 years and I've never had to supply any supporting documentation. Just filled in the application form and sent it off along with my passport which I then get back with the visa in. That's it

There is nothing on the form to say you need to provide proof of finances if you put down that you're unemployed or a student. Only give them what they ask for which is the filled in application form, a passport photo, and your passport.
Michaeldunha
Posted 2011-06-11 3:40 PM (#43764 - in reply to #43759)

Elite Veteran

Well it's so good of you to take the time to clear that up, I was foolishly relying on the Real Russian team for my information but they're obviously clueless when it comes to this.
Can I rely on you to petition them to remove the offending information? After all I am sure they will be most impressed with your knowledge and expertise in these matters.
Thank you for your consideration.

http://www.realrussia.co.uk/visa/tourist_visas2.asp

Documents required for passport holders of United Kingdom:
1. Your original passport (with minimum two blank pages and valid for at least 6 months after the end of the visa).If you have an existing Russian visa that is still active in a second passport, you will need to submit that original second passport too. If the validity dates of the existing visa are still current, but you have used all possible entries allowed by it (e.g. by a single- or double-entry visa), please supply a copy of the second passport and the visa with its related entry/exit stamps as proof that the visa is no longer active.

2. A single recent colour passport photograph.

3. The signed consulate visa application form.

4. If you have indicated the same details in the home and work address sections of your application form (e.g. you are self-employed or unemployed), please also supply copies of your last 3 months? bank statements. According to Consulate requirements, all bank statements should be copies of paper statements. Internet print-outs are only acceptable when they have been stamped as verified by your bank. The Consulate is officially looking for positive figures throughout and a final balance of a sum equivalent to £100 per day of your visa duration (you can supplement current account statements with a savings account if necessary).

5. If the applicant for the visa is under 18 years of age please see the following link for additional documents required.

6. Payment (if not paying online).

Edited by Michaeldunha 2011-06-11 4:00 PM
jhony smith
Posted 2019-10-19 1:06 PM (#121593 - in reply to #43764)
New User

Emmm well guys here i am searching for some information about citizenship so if anybody have any idea or know about citizenship please reply me here
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)