Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Every road has two directions - Russian Proverb
- (Added by: Chris)

Visa Registration in Belgorod
Moderators: nickomsk, TonyH, Chris, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Visas -> Visa registrationMessage format

tomw
Posted 2011-08-01 3:48 PM (#45079)
Subject: Visa Registration in Belgorod

Hi all,

Apologies for starting another thread on this minefield of a subject, but my question is specific to registration in Belgorod. Though this is my first post I've been a long-time user of this site & have often found helpful info on these forums. I am posting now though, as having visited Belgorod many times to stay with my wife's mother, I am at my wits end with the registration process.

When I visited last summer I was not able to register at UFMS or the post office, but only at the Congress Hotel AMAKS at the cost of 500 RUB per day! Which apparently is the only way to do it in Belgorod. Frankly this is ridiculous, but I seem to have come to the end of the line. If anyone has successfully registered a tourist visa at a private address in Belgorod please let me know how!

Many thanks in advance.
Michaeldunha
Posted 2011-08-04 8:36 PM (#45151 - in reply to #45079)
Subject: Re: Visa Registration in Belgorod

Elite Veteran

If I was you I'd give Real Russia a call for advise on this, obviously no one here visits this place or if they do they stay in a hotel. How long do you plan to visit? Remember you now have a whole 7 working days before you need to register your visa now. Strictly speaking though you should be applying for a private visa since you married to a Russian now.

Edited by Michaeldunha 2011-08-04 8:43 PM
Chris
Posted 2011-08-05 12:03 AM (#45154 - in reply to #45079)

Expert

Or if not a private visa, then a business one - technicaly the UFMS should register your tourist visa, there is no law against it, but I guess they are being ars - at the end of the day you can always register throufg our moscow office e by email if necessary.
tomw
Posted 2011-08-11 9:09 AM (#45248 - in reply to #45079)

Hi Chris & Michael, thanks for your responses.

In answer to your questions I'm not sure how long we'd plan to stay each time, I guess it would be around two weeks. I'd always been under the impression that a private visa was an even bigger headache -but perhaps I should look into that. Chris could you explain how I could register at your Moscow office by email?

Cheers
tomw
Posted 2011-10-03 7:10 PM (#46551 - in reply to #45079)

Ok just a quick update in case it can be of help to anyone:

I followed Michaeldunha's advice & went for a private visa. I have previously dismissed this option because of the hassle it was to get a invitation issued & certified in Russia. I recently came across this however: http://ru.vfsglobal.co.uk/family.html - allowing my wife to issue the invitation to me from the UK making a huge difference, so I have gone down this route. Hopefully now the registration at UFMS will be smoother as I won't have a tourist visa.

Thanks again
GaryM
Posted 2011-10-03 8:23 PM (#46555 - in reply to #46551)
Expert

Those new family visit visas were introduced last year. You probably already know they are still only single entry visas (unfortnately) but they do last up to 3 months as long as you specify dates covering a period that long otherwise they just issue it for the period covering the dates you actually specify

Just bear in mind that one of the requirements of the family visit visa is that you must be accompanied by you Russian spouse when passing through Russian immigration ports which can cause problems if your spouse intends to fly out first with you then joining later on (something that frequently happens with me). A private visit visa doesn't impose that particular restriction.
tomw
Posted 2011-10-04 8:26 PM (#46584 - in reply to #45079)

Thanks Gary that's good to know! There was the option for double entry on the form & it was mentioned in the link I posted above, but I didn't go for it so can't guarantee it would work. Lets hope I'm finally getting to the bottom of this!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)