Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Take thy thoughts to bed with thee, for the morning is wiser than the evening - Russian Proverb
- (Added by: Chris)

Yet another De-registration Question
Moderators: nickomsk, TonyH, Chris, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Visas -> Visa registrationMessage format

nesma
Posted 2011-08-13 4:10 PM (#45274)
Subject: Yet another De-registration Question

I arrived on my first trip to Russia at the start of July visiting Sakhalin.
My tourist visa was arranged through RR, but my host registered my at the local Post Office in their name/address.

Incidentally the day after completing the registration I noticed the Post Office had closed and the counters inside demolished!

After a couple of weeks I left my host to travel around the island and I stayed a few nights at a hotel - the hotel was familiar with business visas but not with tourist visas. The hotel owner registered me again and I got a second registration slip. They didn't do anything with my first slip registered in my friend's name/address.

I then took a domestic flight to the mainland (where I stayed with locals) and a couple of days later exited Russia by air. The rest of the time the post-offices on the mainland were closed for the weekend. I tried to hand over my registration slips to the friendly immigration officials at the airport but did they not want them; they did accept my migration card however.

Now that I am looking up the process in more detail I'm worried my host is going to get in some sort of trouble. How do I confirm if I have been de-registered? I still have two registration slips despite leaving the country or am I getting the registration slips confused with the migration slips?

Registration Slip Example: http://www.realrussia.co.uk/images/registration%20slip.jpg
Migration Card Example: http://www.realrussia.co.uk/images/migration%20card%201.jpg

Edited by nesma 2011-08-13 4:30 PM
Rasboinik
Posted 2011-08-13 5:47 PM (#45278 - in reply to #45274)
Subject: RE: Yet another De-registration Question

Expert

As far as I am aware there has been a change of rules and the de-registration is now done automatically when you hand in your migration slip to the Russian Immigration officer upon departure.

There was a post (if I remember correctly made by Mel) about the rule changes.

nesma - 2011-08-14 2:10 AM . Incidentally the day after completing the registration I noticed the Post Office had closed and the counters inside demolished!

Which Post-Office did your host go to for the registration?

I have only just arrived back in Yuzhno and I have to wait until Monday before I can register.

I will confirm the automatic de-registration when I go with the missus to the Post-Office, I just hope that we are not going to go to the Post-Office that your host used for your registration   seeing as it has been closed and demolished .

HTH

GaryM
Posted 2011-08-14 2:18 AM (#45287 - in reply to #45274)
Expert

This was already discussed in some detail in another thread. There is no longer any need to de-register your visa using the registration slip. De-registration is now done automatically when you pass through immigration control on the way back out of Russia. There is no need to post off the registration slip before you leave like you used to have to and the officers at immigration control will not be intereted in your registration slip as you've already discovered. Just keep the slip as a nice little souvenir of your visit and get on with your life without any further worry
Rasboinik
Posted 2011-08-15 8:18 AM (#45331 - in reply to #45278)

Expert

Rasboinik - 2011-08-14 3:47 AM

As far as I am aware there has been a change of rules and the de-registration is now done automatically when you hand in your migration slip to the Russian Immigration officer upon departure.

There was a post (if I remember correctly made by Mel) about the rule changes.
OK, I can confirm the accuracy of the information on the thread New registration rules in Russia from 15-02-2011 .

nesma - 2011-08-14 2:10 AM . Incidentally the day after completing the registration I noticed the Post Office had closed and the counters inside demolished!

Which Post-Office did your host go to for the registration?

I have only just arrived back in Yuzhno and I have to wait until Monday before I can register.
I will confirm the automatic de-registration when I go with the missus to the Post-Office, I just hope that we are not going to go to the Post-Office that your host used for your registration seeing as it has been closed and demolished .

Surprise, surprise, your host must have used the main Post Office in Yuzhno because when I went today with the missus to register we had to go to the temporary Post Office (about 20 meters away from where the original entrance was, once the Post Office has been renovated it will of course be back to business as usual).
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)