Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: A kind word is like a spring day - Russian Proverb
- (Added by: Administrator)

Registration
Moderators: nickomsk, TonyH, Chris, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Visas -> Visa registrationMessage format

umbango
Posted 2011-11-08 11:26 PM (#47781)
Subject: Registration
New User

Hi,

This will be my first visa application I would like to clear up a few questions I have about registration. I did not select the registration service along with the visa application but can I still come to the RR office and register if needs be?

Also, I arrive in Moscow on 3rd January and depart on the Trans Manchurian line to Irkutsk on the 5th January. I hope to stay in the Hostel there where I believe I can register again. Then Irkutsk to Harbin departing 11th January. Am I able to de-register on the train when crossing the border or how do I go about that?

Thanks for any advice,

John.
born_in_the_USSR
Posted 2011-11-09 9:50 AM (#47789 - in reply to #47781)
Subject: RE: Registration

Hello, John!

First of all, one need to register his/her Russian visa in each city where he/she is going to stay for more than 7 working days. You will not need to register your visa as it looks like you are not planning to stay for more than 7 working days in any city (time spent in a train doesn't count )

Please keep your tickets to be able to prove it.

For future reference (I hope you are satisfied with RR services and will use our company again), you are always welcome to contact our Moscow office for registration even if you haven't selected this option while applying online, they will be able to assist.

Have a nice time and pleasant adventure-trip to winter Russia

Alexandra
RR visa manager

Edited by born_in_the_USSR 2011-11-09 9:51 AM
muffy
Posted 2011-11-09 1:09 PM (#47797 - in reply to #47789)
Subject: RE: Registration
Extreme Veteran

born_in_the_USSR - 2011-11-09 9:50 AM

Hello, John!

First of all, one need to register his/her Russian visa in each city where he/she is going to stay for more than 7 working days. You will not need to register your visa as it looks like you are not planning to stay for more than 7 working days in any city (time spent in a train doesn't count )

Please keep your tickets to be able to prove it.

For future reference (I hope you are satisfied with RR services and will use our company again), you are always welcome to contact our Moscow office for registration even if you haven't selected this option while applying online, they will be able to assist.

Have a nice time and pleasant adventure-trip to winter Russia

Alexandra
RR visa manager

The other point is that registration is not available due to Public holidays anyway at the beginning of January.
umbango
Posted 2011-11-09 10:11 PM (#47820 - in reply to #47781)
Subject: Re: Registration
New User

Thanks for the advice. I am definitely satisfied with the services here at RR and will be recommending you to any of my friends should they decide to go to Russia.

So just to clarify, if I don't need to register, then I won't need to de-register? Will there be someone on the train when crossing into China who will check my migration form?
Rasboinik
Posted 2011-11-10 1:22 AM (#47822 - in reply to #47820)

Expert

When you leave Russia you will pass through Russian immigration control, they will take your migration card and because of the new rules that will automatically "de-register" you.

The fact that you have not registered is irrelevant  as long as you never stayed in a single location long enough to require registration.

Just be sure to keep all your travel (train) tickets so that if you plan a second visit to Russia and you encounter a problem you can then prove that  you did not need to register because you never stayed in a single location long enough to register.

On a different note if you do stay even one night in a hotel the hotel will automatically register you for the length of you stay but that is absolutely not an issue for you the registration is part of the check-in process.

umbango
Posted 2011-11-10 11:23 PM (#47861 - in reply to #47781)
New User

Excellent, that clears it up for me! Thanks again. Just payed for my train tickets tonight, very excited now!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)