Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: A lonely person is at home everywhere-Russian Proverb
- (Added by: YZF-R1)

Moscow Dating/Romance Introductions
Moderators: nickomsk, TonyH, Chris, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Russian Relationships -> Scams and suspicionsMessage format

LR38
Posted 2011-11-20 6:25 PM (#48021)
Subject: Moscow Dating/Romance Introductions

New User

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a 'real' introduction or dating agency in Moscow????

I want to go to Moscow for 3/4 days and meet some real russian women who are serious about a relationship and relocating to the UK.

I am sick os scammers from the various dating sites and i just dont know what site(s) are real these days....

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Lee
alexx
Posted 2011-11-21 2:49 PM (#48039 - in reply to #48021)
Subject: Re: Moscow Dating/Romance Introductions

Hello.
If you don't mind me asking, I'm curious why Moscow? It is generally thought women in the province of Russia are more family oriented if that's what you mean by the word "real".. than megapolis ones who are more aimed at career...What do you mean saying real russian women? I'm a Russian and people here are as different as anywhere else in the world, the rest is just stereotypes made up by people who make business on international relationships. My opinion anyway. I wonder what other men here think...By the way, have you been to the Ukraine? You don't need a visa there...
delboydavid
Posted 2011-11-21 5:57 PM (#48044 - in reply to #48039)

Extreme Veteran

Mmmmm, I would tend to agree with Alexx.

I think what Lee means by "Real Russian woman" is a real person rather than a scammer.

Answer is you don't know if the person is genuine until you have met face to face and even then there is an element of doubt. It's true in all walks of life.

I think people's perception of Russian women has been permanently blighted by tv shows (mainly American), showing old, fat Americans travelling to places like Russia on "dating weekends" meeting girls old enough to be their granddaughters.

The reality is it (mostly) isn't like this at all, and if that is your question Lee, then I doubt you'll find the answer on these forums.

Edited by delboydavid 2011-11-21 6:07 PM
Michaeldunha
Posted 2011-11-21 7:05 PM (#48046 - in reply to #48021)

Elite Veteran

Sounds like Lee wants to organise one of these romance tours the Americans are so fond of, a mistake in my view. You just need to find one good one and spend a few days with her to see how things, if they don't work out then try again.
I think most are now wise to the fact that there are some men out there who are just looking for a good time. Lining up a series of women to meet on a short visit will just set the alarm bells ringing for the genuine ones.
alexx
Posted 2011-11-21 7:24 PM (#48047 - in reply to #48021)

If you come for a "romance tour" from as far as America you might at least try to justify it by having to make a long flight and the expences involved...:-) I'm sure nowadays women in Moscow are well aware of such tourists and if you turn the tables, no one likes to know that your number in a dating line is 6 or 7, just put yourself in their shoes :-)) I can't agree more...absolutely unromantic.
Rasboinik
Posted 2011-11-21 7:52 PM (#48048 - in reply to #48044)

Expert

delboydavid - 2011-11-22 3:57 AM  I think people's perception of Russian women has been permanently blighted by tv shows (mainly American), showing old, fat Americans travelling to places like Russia on "dating weekends" meeting girls old enough to be their granddaughters. 

WOW, tours, where can I get one? Girls old enough to be a granddaughter .

OOPsie, no more can do,  me forgot, me now married  .

DeaconStreet
Posted 2011-11-21 8:00 PM (#48049 - in reply to #48021)

Expert

Have to agree also. Totally unromantic and such ideas are the cause of so much bad press.

there's a big difference between what the gent is describing and the long haul of establishing a 'friendship' with someone by the internet. Such a friendship grows over time, becomes based on mutual trust and grows into a strong desire (from both sides) to meet with the other. It cant be hurried, there is no substitute for this. Possibly the gent is fearful of being scammed or has had attempted scams aimed at him but that is the nature of internet dating. I personally, as have most of the other guys on here, encountered this before and have not allowed myself to become despondent and am now very happily married to the most wonderful woman in all of Russia.

For it was 6 months of writing before we first met.

If the gent would like to PM me, I'd be very happy to put him in contact with the introduction site that I used. Not free of scam, but as low as it's likely to find - I believe.

else - good luck in your search for your instant "Russian/Ukrainian Bride".

Edited by DeaconStreet 2011-11-21 8:05 PM
muffy
Posted 2011-11-21 8:13 PM (#48053 - in reply to #48049)
Extreme Veteran

DeaconStreet - 2011-11-21 8:00 PM

Have to agree also. Totally unromantic and such ideas are the cause of so much bad press.

there's a big difference between what the gent is describing and the long haul of establishing a 'friendship' with someone by the internet. Such a friendship grows over time, becomes based on mutual trust and grows into a strong desire (from both sides) to meet with the other. It cant be hurried, there is no substitute for this. Possibly the gent is fearful of being scammed or has had attempted scams aimed at him but that is the nature of internet dating. I personally, as have most of the other guys on here, encountered this before and have not allowed myself to become despondent and am now very happily married to the most wonderful woman in all of Russia.

For it was 6 months of writing before we first met.

If the gent would like to PM me, I'd be very happy to put him in contact with the introduction site that I used. Not free of scam, but as low as it's likely to find - I believe.

else - good luck in your search for your instant "Russian/Ukrainian Bride".

I am in the same boat and met my now wife on ICQ who was seeking English Practise and again after 5 months we met for real on a 2 week first date, fast forward 2.5 years later we are now married and she is awaiting our paperwork for the Spouse Visa.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)