Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Try to become not a man of success, but try rather to become a man of value.- Albert Einstein
- (Added by: tea42)

russian scammers
Moderators: nickomsk, TonyH, Chris, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Russian Relationships -> Scams and suspicionsMessage format

coombo
Posted 2011-11-27 9:11 PM (#48188)
Subject: russian scammers
New User

i have been to communicating with a girl from Russia who said she was rejected by an American and wanted to meet and marry a westerner, she said she found me on a dating site after paying a fee she chose me .From the very start she was in a hurry to leave Russia as all Russian men drink and beat there women,she said she had been to an agency to come over here ansd she needed no money from me , well i thought this was unbelievable .
She said she had an interview in Moscow for a visa to the uk she led me to believe she paid a express fee for the visa and was accepted ,then the penny dropped she told me Russian immigration wanted her to show them 1500 euros at the airport once she was here she would give me the money back.

I then got suspicious about her and just entered her name on google , a Russian girl scammers page popped up and on going through 2 pages her photos came up, she had at least 30 alias names her name is Ekaterina shibouka
TonyH
Posted 2011-11-27 9:27 PM (#48192 - in reply to #48188)
Subject: Re: russian scammers

Expert

Welcome !
wiz
Posted 2011-11-28 6:38 AM (#48196 - in reply to #48188)
Subject: RE: russian scammers

Expert

coombo - 2011-11-27 9:11 PM

i have been to communicating with a girl from Russia who said she was rejected by an American and wanted to meet and marry a westerner, she said she found me on a dating site after paying a fee she chose me .From the very start she was in a hurry to leave Russia as all Russian men drink and beat there women,she said she had been to an agency to come over here ansd she needed no money from me , well i thought this was unbelievable .
She said she had an interview in Moscow for a visa to the uk she led me to believe she paid a express fee for the visa and was accepted ,then the penny dropped she told me Russian immigration wanted her to show them 1500 euros at the airport once she was here she would give me the money back.

I then got suspicious about her and just entered her name on google , a Russian girl scammers page popped up and on going through 2 pages her photos came up, she had at least 30 alias names her name is Ekaterina shibouka

So in which Antiscam site you found her 30 alias names?
WorcestershireB
Posted 2011-11-28 9:34 AM (#48202 - in reply to #48188)
Extreme Veteran

You do have to be careful. It annoys the hell out of the genuine ones though. My wife still gives me grief over how careful I was, even through she already lived in the UK when I first met her.
Rasboinik
Posted 2011-11-28 9:44 AM (#48205 - in reply to #48202)

Expert

WorcestershireB - 2011-11-28 7:34 PM You do have to be careful. It annoys the hell out of the genuine ones though. My wife still gives me grief over how careful I was, even through she already lived in the UK when I first met her.

I am communicating with a scammer just for the fun of it (there is a record of my communication elsewhere) and my wife at times acts as an advisor, she finds the whole issue hilarious, so I guess that it depends on the sense of humour.

WorcestershireB
Posted 2011-11-28 10:35 AM (#48207 - in reply to #48188)
Extreme Veteran

you receive a message from a supposedly gorgeous supermodel like young russian babe, saying "I saw your profile and would like to chat with you". you reply simply saying"Hello". you then get a standard response "I think I am falling in love with you" then you reply "really, but we've never met", you then get an automated response "if you wish to continue your chat with xxxx please email your credit card details to scam-man.ru. You reply "f#@k Off" and then receive a response "my darling, why do you say such things?", you reply "because you are a low life scammer" to which you receive a response "if you wish to continue your chat with xxx please email credit card details to scam-man.ru".

Sound familiar ?
Rasboinik
Posted 2011-11-28 11:09 AM (#48209 - in reply to #48207)

Expert

WorcestershireB - 2011-11-28 8:35 PM you receive a message from a supposedly gorgeous supermodel like young russian babe,

---***---

you receive a response "if you wish to continue your chat with xxx please email credit card details to scam-man.ru". Sound familiar ?

Yup,  very familiar, it is just that I inserted a few extra Banana skins into the emails.

truckerjon
Posted 2011-11-28 11:20 AM (#48210 - in reply to #48188)

Veteran

I think its dispicable that you could treat someone that way, lead them on and then let them down at the last moment.I mean, Scammers are human beings after all they deserve to be treated just like any other crimial, sorry human being, next thing you'll be asking them to send you money, and the way the euro crisis is going, you may need thier experience of how to make money!
Rasboinik
Posted 2011-11-28 12:14 PM (#48211 - in reply to #48210)

Expert

Well, if the scammer is wasting their time trying to scam me then somebody else is left of the hook

I do though make sure that it was a genuine scammer that I am communicating with.

jrlfc
Posted 2012-02-27 2:15 PM (#49436 - in reply to #48188)

There's a website called Jim's Lists which sorts the scam sites from the genuine dating ones. Also has some classic scam set-ups there as well.
DeaconStreet
Posted 2012-02-27 2:30 PM (#49438 - in reply to #48188)

Expert

back in 2006, I nearly - so very nearly got one of them to send me money.

Boris said she didnt have access to a computer, so I offered to 'nick' a spare laptop from our 'works store'. She started to become v excited about the processor and screen size and how much RAM (yeah yeah - wait for Raffi's gag). The poor love must have been salivating when I described it. I said that I was a bit short on the readies to post it by courier until payday and ... well, it didnt work, she told me she didnt have access to a western union store to send money to help...
so close..

shame, she had such nice t*** too.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)