Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: 'There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.'
- (Added by: TonyH)

Germany to/from Beijing with a stop in Ufa
Moderators: DeaconStreet, nickomsk, TonyH, Chris

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Real Russia -> Accomodation, trains, planes and automobilesMessage format

Dimster
Posted 2012-03-20 6:01 PM (#49744)
Subject: Germany to/from Beijing with a stop in Ufa
New User

My wife is flying into Germany (Dusseldorf), while I can fly into any city. We both have 3 week to travel. She needs to end up in Dusseldorf at the end of it all, I need to be at an international airport (anywhere). We have family in Ufa and want to spend a week there at some point in the journey. I have racked my brain and just cannot figure out a most logical path for us to visit the family, and do the Trans-Mongolian trip (keeping in mind our arrival points and departure requirements). Can anyone suggest an approach to this. My best guess at this has been:

I fly into Beijing, she flies to Dusseldorf and then to Beijing to meet me. We board the train and take it to Ufa (not sure if its on the main line). We spend a week in Ufa, take the train to Moscow and I fly out to Canada while she takes a plane back to Dusseldorf. This approach just seems inefficient, hoping someone can offer a better plan.
Chris
Posted 2012-03-21 7:13 AM (#49748 - in reply to #49744)
Subject: Re: Germany to/from Beijing with a stop in Ufa

Expert

Firstly welcome

Secondly, so you seem to have the best option given your requirements. I dont think that UFA is on the Trans-sib route, to get the best price for your tickets you may have to make a slight detour and then rejoin.

Other than Ufa, do you consider stopping off at any other cities on route?
Natasha
Posted 2012-03-21 7:46 AM (#49749 - in reply to #49744)
Subject: Re: Germany to/from Beijing with a stop in Ufa

Good morning! I am Natasha - a travel expert in Real Russia.

It would be very helpful to know your planned travelling dates to check trains availability.
below is just to give an idea about a possible route option:
Beijing-Yekaterinburg
thir trip is possible with two trains but the most interesting one as i think is with train no 3 (travels via Mongolia)
it departs every Wednesday at 0745 Local time
arriving after 103.47 hrs at 1332 Local time to Yekaterinburg
then to take an overnight trip from Yekaterinburg to Ufa
for instance, with train no 142
departing at 1532 LT-arriving at 0340 Moscow time after 14.08 hrs of running (this is the fastest train for this route though i will check more options once we know the dates)
then from Ufa to go to Moscow
several trains here
for example, train no 39
departing at 0700 MOscow time-arriving at 1029 Moscow time after 27.29 hrs of running
in this case you can see the most of the Trans siberian when travelling to Yekaterinburg and then take a direct train to Ufa. BUT again this depends on your preferences and if you wish to make more stops en route then fine, we will be able to offer to stop in Irkutsk , Beijing-Irkutsk-Yekaterinburg-Ufa-Moscow or make an in between stop Ufa-Kazan-Moscow, so there can be options as you can see . i think it would be good to discuss more details about your possible trip and i will be happy to help you. please, feel free to send an e-mail to our travel team (FAO Natasha) at travel@realrussia.co.uk. Thank you very much and hope this helps
Natasha
Dimster
Posted 2012-03-21 9:20 PM (#49761 - in reply to #49744)
Subject: RE: Germany to/from Beijing with a stop in Ufa
New User

The dates are flexible, as long as it's less than 3 weeks and within July. Not planning on any other stops, want to enjoy the scenery by train and the occasional brief stop that the train makes. Looking for the most economical way to do this. Thank you for the help.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)