Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Random quote: The fish always stinks from the head downwards - Russian Proverb
- (Added by: Chris)

URGENT Terminally Ill Visit to Russia
Moderators: nickomsk, TonyH, Chris, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Visas -> Russian visasMessage format

ChuffinEck
Posted 2018-10-21 9:54 AM (#107885)
Subject: URGENT Terminally Ill Visit to Russia

Hi Guys & Girls,
I need some very important help and advice. I have a friend with terminal cancer, (she is in her late fifties) she has about 6 months left. She wants to return to Russia as she was originally born there and was a Russian citizen. However she gave her Russian passport etc after getting married. I don't know until later today what passport she currently holds until later today, but I am fairly sure it is not a UK/EU one, I think it may be Polish/EU. She has been resident in the UK for many years.
She still has three living sisters in Russia who are all Russian nationals. She wants to return to her motherland and to die there and be buried there, and be laid to rest with her other family members. My gut feeling is this is going to be very difficult to arrange, she has the added complication that her son would like to be with her when she passes, he is in his late twenties and a Polish/EU passport holder, but the main concerns is getting her back, I think we all know how Russians feel about their motherland and if only she can get back that's the most important thing.
If anyone genuinely has any advice and support that can help my friend fulfil her dying wish that would be so appreciated. I must stress please only reply if you have serious advice, I surely do not need to point out the gravity of this issue. Kind Regards Mark
y-ola
Posted 2018-10-21 5:12 PM (#107924 - in reply to #107885)
Subject: Re: URGENT Terminally Ill Visit to Russia

Elite Veteran

suggest you talk direct with the consulate
RealRussiaAdmin
Posted 2018-10-22 10:54 AM (#108030 - in reply to #107924)
Subject: Re: URGENT Terminally Ill Visit to Russia

Hello,

Sorry to hear about your friend's situation. I hope she gets her wish to go back to the Motherland at this difficult time. I would also suggest talking directly with the Russian Consulate in London or Edinburgh, as they may have special requirements for her, bearing in mind she gave up her Russian citizenship.
Mel
Posted 2018-10-24 4:39 PM (#108249 - in reply to #107885)
Subject: RE: URGENT Terminally Ill Visit to Russia

Expert

ChuffinEck - 2018-10-21 2:54 PM Hi Guys & Girls, I need some very important help and advice. I have a friend with terminal cancer, (she is in her late fifties) she has about 6 months left. She wants to return to Russia as she was originally born there and was a Russian citizen. However she gave her Russian passport etc after getting married. I don't know until later today what passport she currently holds until later today, but I am fairly sure it is not a UK/EU one, I think it may be Polish/EU. She has been resident in the UK for many years. She still has three living sisters in Russia who are all Russian nationals. She wants to return to her motherland and to die there and be buried there, and be laid to rest with her other family members. My gut feeling is this is going to be very difficult to arrange, she has the added complication that her son would like to be with her when she passes, he is in his late twenties and a Polish/EU passport holder, but the main concerns is getting her back, I think we all know how Russians feel about their motherland and if only she can get back that's the most important thing. If anyone genuinely has any advice and support that can help my friend fulfil her dying wish that would be so appreciated. I must stress please only reply if you have serious advice, I surely do not need to point out the gravity of this issue. Kind Regards Mark

Hi Mark, Sad to read this story, only saw it now that the spam has been cleared.

You say that your friend has given up her Russian Nationality, How?, its something that is not available to do under Russian law, which means, that, although she may no longer have a current Russian passport, she is still a Russian national, therefore, she should be able to obtain a travel doc from the Russian Consulate and return without any further problem, once back in Russia she will need to get a replacement passport, and she will receive a small fine for not keeping her passport current..
This info is from a RU lawyer btw, if you get any other problems with this let me know and will contact the lawyer again for you..

HTH.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)