Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Peace lasts until the army comes, and the army lasts until peace comes - Russian Proverb
- (Added by: Chris)

Moscow Vnukovo
Moderators: DeaconStreet, nickomsk, TonyH, Chris

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Real Russia -> Accomodation, trains, planes and automobilesMessage format

y-ola
Posted 2012-05-20 12:28 AM (#50822)
Subject: Moscow Vnukovo

Elite Veteran

Any body been here direct from Frankfurt, is it easy to get through immigration like being less than the usual 1 hour at SVO??
gary
Posted 2012-05-20 9:13 AM (#50823 - in reply to #50822)
Subject: RE: Moscow Vnukovo
Veteran

Used it once-June last year on the Kiev route, was definately much more user friendly than DME/SVO but like everything, it depends on loads.
irish_stan
Posted 2012-05-21 11:13 AM (#50828 - in reply to #50822)
Subject: Re: Moscow Vnukovo

I must admit I always find the people at DME really quick and friendly maybe as it is privately run? Not sure if I am just lucky but the last 3 times I have been through DME I have got through in less than 10 mins. I am also going through Vnukuvo next week for the first time next week so will be interesting to compare
muffy
Posted 2012-05-21 11:30 AM (#50829 - in reply to #50828)
Extreme Veteran

irish_stan - 2012-05-21 11:13 AM

I must admit I always find the people at DME really quick and friendly maybe as it is privately run? Not sure if I am just lucky but the last 3 times I have been through DME I have got through in less than 10 mins. I am also going through Vnukuvo next week for the first time next week so will be interesting to compare

I am the same most of the time in DME I don't have to really queue. Only really had to queue the two times I came in on a daytime flight rather then a red eye flight. The only two times I was really delayed in leaving DME was when Heathrow managed to delay some of my baggage so I had to file a baggage report(was delivered the following evening to Bogoroditsk by courier) and trying to get a collect to hire car from Eurocar with the kiosk printer knackered (although I must point out the gentleman was very very helpful).
y-ola
Posted 2012-05-21 5:29 PM (#50835 - in reply to #50828)

Elite Veteran

hi irish stan , i would be interested to hear how it goes as I am considering this route due to connecting flight , but there is only 1 1/2 hours between international and the internal 1 flight a day.

so hence my interest in the speed of processing
muffy
Posted 2012-05-21 5:43 PM (#50836 - in reply to #50835)
Extreme Veteran

y-ola - 2012-05-21 5:29 PM

hi irish stan , i would be interested to hear how it goes as I am considering this route due to connecting flight , but there is only 1 1/2 hours between international and the internal 1 flight a day.

so hence my interest in the speed of processing

After a near missed flight at SVO, I think its too tight for any Moscow airport assuming Vnukovo. I would also check if you can be checked in right through complete with luggage.
Rasboinik
Posted 2012-05-21 6:56 PM (#50838 - in reply to #50836)

Expert

muffy - 2012-05-22 3:43 AM  After a near missed flight at SVO, I think its too tight for any Moscow airport assuming Vnukovo. I would also check if you can be checked in right through complete with luggage.

Missed flights due to missed connections are part of the "fun" of travelling (fly enough times and for sure the missed flight will be experienced).

A missed flight due to a missed connection is the  problem of the airline and they must supply accommodation and meals and re-book the next travel leg(s).

Checking in for the next flight is a possibility but when transferring from an international flight to a domestic flight one must pass through immigration and depending on the regulations there is also a possibility that baggage must be collected and passed through customs.

I am not sure what the status is currently in Russia regarding clearing customs at the final destination or at the point of entry, that is because the transfer time in Moscow between flights from Aberdeen via Amsterdam and Moscow to Yuzhno-Sakhalin ranges between 14 to 16 hours, so I make sure that I collect my luggage in Moscow.

Maybe somebody who has had a "shortish" connection from an International to a domestic flight can shed some light on the current customs situation in Russia

muffy
Posted 2012-05-22 10:10 AM (#50846 - in reply to #50838)
Extreme Veteran

Rasboinik - 2012-05-21 6:56 PM

muffy - 2012-05-22 3:43 AM  After a near missed flight at SVO, I think its too tight for any Moscow airport assuming Vnukovo. I would also check if you can be checked in right through complete with luggage.

Missed flights due to missed connections are part of the "fun" of travelling (fly enough times and for sure the missed flight will be experienced).

A missed flight due to a missed connection is the  problem of the airline and they must supply accommodation and meals and re-book the next travel leg(s).

Checking in for the next flight is a possibility but when transferring from an international flight to a domestic flight one must pass through immigration and depending on the regulations there is also a possibility that baggage must be collected and passed through customs.

I am not sure what the status is currently in Russia regarding clearing customs at the final destination or at the point of entry, that is because the transfer time in Moscow between flights from Aberdeen via Amsterdam and Moscow to Yuzhno-Sakhalin ranges between 14 to 16 hours, so I make sure that I collect my luggage in Moscow.

Maybe somebody who has had a "shortish" connection from an International to a domestic flight can shed some light on the current customs situation in Russia

Indeed, I have experienced a few missed flights in my time and accomodation/meals/rebooking was done each time but I am aware that through checked luggage from Internal to International flights is most certainly with Aeroflot a No plus also aware that immigration must be cleared as well, which I why I made the comment about double checking the regulations about transferring flights the other way on a tight connection.
My near missed flight experience at SVO was last year going the other way from an internal flight(Sochi-SVO) to an international flight(SVO-AMS) on a tight connection and even though I was on the same ticket Sochi-Edinburgh, I had to collect my baggage(as per Russian Customs regulations especially with Aeroflot unfortunately as I checked this at a later date) plus recheck in at SVO. At the transfer desk at SVO even through Aeroflot are a skyteam member and all Skyteam Checkin desk are supposed be able to do check for any Skyteam flights, the transfer desk at SVO basically chased me and I had to go into the main airport to check in.
On the outward direction I had a long connection so I collected my luggage anyway but recall that I could not be issued with the SVO-Sochi ticket at Edinburgh but that suited me anyway as my wife was joining me at Moscow. I also recall that my wife when going back to Moscow recently was unable to be issued with her seat for her Transareo flight from LGW-DME when travelling on the same ticket from EDI-DME recently.

Edited by muffy 2012-05-22 10:12 AM
irish_stan
Posted 2012-06-06 4:12 PM (#51175 - in reply to #50822)

y-ola

Ok back now and I got through passport control and picked my bag up within 35 mins of touchdown (although did miss the aeroexpress by 5 mins but that is another matter) we landed the same time as a flight from Turkey so there were quite a few waiting to go through but it seemed to go quite quickly. I noticed a few people who had connecting flights went to the front of the queue and explained this and people seemed to let them through. There were 3 passport control officers for non Russian processing. I would say not as good as Domodedovo but really couldn't complain either

Hope this helps

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)