Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Technique is noticed most markedly in the case of those who have not mastered it - Leon Trotsky
- (Added by: Administrator)

Computer scams
Moderators: nickomsk, TonyH, Chris, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Russian Relationships -> Scams and suspicionsMessage format

route3south
Posted 2012-08-15 10:44 PM (#52366)
Subject: Computer scams

Extreme Veteran

Earlier today I posted in the "General Discussions" area reference to a UKBA scam re
fraudelent messages going out demanding money. The website I referred to is very effective for
keeping you up todate on scammers other than just Russian.

Recently I had a buffoon with an Indian accent phone me, telling me that I had something wrong with
my pc & advising me that he had been alerted by Microsoft. He was very helpful & wanted to help me -
for a price but strangely though Microsoft had told him about my pc ills, they forget to tell him my serial number!

Having done some research on this clown, I have discovered that it is a major problem, which at the moment
only affects the English speaking parts of the world....USA/UK/Australia/Canada etc, but I have also come across reference to the fact that so lucrative is the scam, that said scammers are employing speakers of languages
other than English!

So, maybe this has been covered already by a post, but if it has not, be warned!
Usually you get a phone call from an Indian sounding gent, who tries to persuade you that
Microsoft has alerted his company to the fact that your pc is broadcasting viruses etc & he then takes you through
an elaborate series of procedures to prove that what he is saying is true.

I think there are videos on YouTube, just put in Indian PC scammer & sit back & enjoy the show.

I have to admit, I did play him along for awhile
but there may be fok out there who may fall for these frauds
and pass over hard earned £££$$$ etc.

delboydavid
Posted 2012-08-15 11:06 PM (#52367 - in reply to #52366)
Subject: RE: Computer scams

Extreme Veteran

I’m not advocating scammers in any way, and I agree the elderly and most vulnerable in society need protecting from this scum, but the wife happened to have an old episode of airport on earlier tonight. There was a guy on there arguing with Easyjet for a refund because when he purchased the ticket, Easyjet didn’t tell him he need some form of id to board the plane. I mean, I ask you. Man must have been in his 30’s turned up at the airport with no passport, no driving license, in fact no form of id whatsoever – not even a credit card - and expected to get on the flight. My point is some people are just thick and beyond help…

Edited by delboydavid 2012-08-15 11:17 PM
muffy
Posted 2012-08-16 11:28 AM (#52374 - in reply to #52366)
Subject: Re: Computer scams
Extreme Veteran

I get these buffoons as well, last one to call me even went as far to tell me he had never been to India and hated India, I pointed out to him that I work with Indians, we are both friends with Indians and quite enjoyed my trip out there with work, indeed I want to go back there again soon.
Bowie Fan
Posted 2012-08-18 8:42 PM (#52415 - in reply to #52366)

Veteran

WALLET SCAM WARNING!

In ASDA, whilst packing shopping into the car, you may be approached by two fit 18 year old Eastern European girls in tight, tiny tops. They wash your screen with their breasts up against the window and ask for a lift to the next ASDA as payment. On the way they will strip down and perform oral sex on each other. One will then climb into the front and perform oral sex on you, while the other attempts to steal your wallet.

I had my wallet stolen last Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, twice on Friday and once again today. So BE CAREFUL!

P.S. You can buy wallets for 99P in Poundstretchers.

Devi
Posted 2012-08-27 4:32 PM (#52516 - in reply to #52366)
Extreme Veteran

I've been getting the Microsoft 'Indian' calls for the best part of 18 months of and on. Although the last time I told them I had changed to Ubuntu and so couldn't possibly have Microsoft viruses. Now been call free for 6 months, although I'm sure this post has now just jinxed that!

One call came when I was on Skype to the fiancee - she heard a very entertaining one sided conversation and now fully understands when I say I do not suffer fools gladly.
truckerjon
Posted 2012-08-28 9:02 AM (#52532 - in reply to #52366)

Veteran

Bowie fan, which ASDA was that again? sounds like with 2, you got a BOGOF!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)