RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: If the pocket is empty, the judge is deaf - Russian Proverb
- (Added by: Chris)

BMI/Transaero/British airways Chaos!
Moderators: DeaconStreet, nickomsk, TonyH, Chris

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Real Russia -> Accomodation, trains, planes and automobilesMessage format

purpleocean
Posted 2012-09-04 9:17 PM (#52717)
Subject: BMI/Transaero/British airways Chaos!

I went to book a flight on the transaero website. It was a flight that used to be a codeshare flights with BMI. However after booking i have found out that BMI have been taking over by british airways. Therefore I phoned Transaero to make sure the flight existed and they told me 'it doesnt seem to be active' and that they will get back to me!? I need to fly on sunday can someone please give me some advice. Why are Transaero still showing the codeshare flights on their website if they no longer use them??
muffy
Posted 2012-09-04 10:04 PM (#52719 - in reply to #52717)
Subject: Re: BMI/Transaero/British airways Chaos!
Extreme Veteran

Just turn up, the codeshare flights are still showing as BMI flights and I still think they will be for a little while as the BMI/Transaero flights are heavily regulated by both the UK and Russian Authorities, anyway it will be airlines problem if you have been missold a flight. Was a Russian call centre you spoke to, I think you probably spoke to a clueless gimp in this case?
Rasboinik
Posted 2012-09-04 10:57 PM (#52720 - in reply to #52717)
Subject: RE: BMI/Transaero/British airways Chaos!

Expert

I just ran a quick check on Kayak my favourite web site for checking flights and Kayak shows quite a few BMI (some operated by Transaero) options, so as muffy (Neil) says if you buy the ticket then it is up to the Airline.

Nikky
Posted 2012-09-05 12:32 AM (#52724 - in reply to #52717)
Veteran

I went to Moscow on the 15th Aug on a bmi flight (transaero codeshare). I bought the flights through BA.com and couldn't check in online because of it.
I just checked in at the airport. Said which flight, showed my passport for my name and they found me straight away.
Like the others have said, turn up on the day, go check in and I'm sure they will be expecting you.

I can't remember the exact date, but there was a notice saying when bmi's flight numbers would be changing completely to BA's. I'm pretty sure it isn't for a few weeks and until then it is just business as usual (apart from the pilots constantly reminding you that bmi is now part of BA).

Hope everything goes well.
purpleocean
Posted 2012-09-05 12:48 AM (#52725 - in reply to #52717)

thanks I feel more confident now I have the confirmation email and all so it will be their problem. I went to book the same flight on the BA website but saw it was £1000 return and it was only £300 return on the Transaero website thats why i booked it through them. First I spoke to the american call centre and i explained the story he said yeah if bmi dont work in partnership with Transaero it must be cancelled, he then asked me how to spell BMI.. so that didnt fill me with confidence that he knew what he was talking about. I have spoke to them again and it seems to be all ok now.
muffy
Posted 2012-09-05 7:46 AM (#52729 - in reply to #52725)
Extreme Veteran

purpleocean - 2012-09-05 12:48 AM

thanks I feel more confident now I have the confirmation email and all so it will be their problem. I went to book the same flight on the BA website but saw it was £1000 return and it was only £300 return on the Transaero website thats why i booked it through them. First I spoke to the american call centre and i explained the story he said yeah if bmi dont work in partnership with Transaero it must be cancelled, he then asked me how to spell BMI.. so that didnt fill me with confidence that he knew what he was talking about. I have spoke to them again and it seems to be all ok now.

I was right that you were speaking to a Gimp and but was not expecting an American one, always remember an incident at Miami Train Station where the gimp at the ticket office was making a mess at doing my reservations for my cross US journey and myself plus the other booking clerk were trying hard not to laugh.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)