Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Tell me who's your friend and I'll tell you who you are - Russian Proverb
- (Added by: Chris)

Travelling from Delhi to Budapest Via SVO
Moderators: DeaconStreet, nickomsk, TonyH, Chris

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Real Russia -> Accomodation, trains, planes and automobilesMessage format

somnathpal49
Posted 2012-11-30 3:19 AM (#54114)
Subject: Travelling from Delhi to Budapest Via SVO

Hello Friends, I just wanted to get clear on some issues.
I have a flight from Delhi to SVO and then from SVO to Budapest in Aeroflot carrier in January 2013. Both the flight is from Terminal F. The connection time is 3 hour. My return trip is too the same from Budapest to Delhi via SVO. The connection time here is 2 hr 55 mins. Both are from Terminal F.

Is the connection time sufficient in onward and return journey? Is there any general delay in January, owing to winter/bad weather ?

On getting down at SVO, should I have to take care only of my hand luggage? Will Aeroflot staff transfer my baggage from Delhi flight to Budapest one ?

Can I get a Immediate transit VISA at SVO in case of any emergency like delay ? Kindly let me know the procedure and documents required for the same at SVO Airport.

Thank you.
Rasboinik
Posted 2012-11-30 6:39 AM (#54115 - in reply to #54114)
Subject: RE: Travelling from Delhi to Budapest Via SVO

Expert

Hello,

Answers to your questions.
If you are arriving and departing from Terminal F then you most probably will not need a transit visa.

Your connecting times should be sufficient considering that you are arriving and departing from the same terminal.

Your luggage should be transferred between your flights.

With regards to delays because of weather, that question cannot be answered because nobody can guess the weather.

With regards to your question about a transit visa.

As a general rule of thumb when passengers are stuck because of delays that are not their fault it normally up to the airline to sort out the problems such as providing passengers with transit visas (if required), accommodation and/or rebooking flights.

HTH

Chris
Posted 2012-11-30 12:16 PM (#54116 - in reply to #54114)
Subject: Re: Travelling from Delhi to Budapest Via SVO

Expert

Hi

The airline will only help with connecting flights if it is with the same airline, for example areoflot to Moscow and then Moscow to Budapest with the same airline then they will help you with connections in case of delays etc. As you are doing the whole route with Aeroflot you will be fine.

Good luck
somnathpal49
Posted 2012-11-30 12:26 PM (#54118 - in reply to #54114)

Thank you Rasboinik and Chris for your help.

Rasboinik, I could not get your point regarding baggage apart from hand luggage, Shall I have to transfer it or they will transfer the baggage internally within the aircrafts without my involvement ?
Chris
Posted 2012-11-30 5:12 PM (#54120 - in reply to #54114)

Expert

Usually they will check it through to the destination without your involvement and as you have quite long connection times this shouldnt be a problem, however if you are a nervious traveller or have a short connection time, then you can ask them to check the bags to Moscow, collect them and then check them in for your next flight yourself.

In my experience, Aeroflot are pretty good.
Rasboinik
Posted 2012-11-30 8:47 PM (#54123 - in reply to #54120)

Expert

In order for a passenger to collect their luggage (in intermediate/transit airports) and then check the luggage in themselves they will have to pass through immigration control which of course means that they will have to have a visa (if a visa is required) before they can collect their luggage.

So in this case it is best to ensure that the luggage is tagged to the final destination.

somnathpal49
Posted 2012-12-01 7:38 AM (#54124 - in reply to #54114)

In SVO, to collect my luggage and again submit it, do I need a transit VISA for that ?
What facilities are available in the transit area of SVO ?
Is it possible to get my luggage tagged to the final destination ? Do they normally do that... or maybe rarely ?
Rasboinik
Posted 2012-12-01 8:31 AM (#54126 - in reply to #54124)

Expert

The tagging of luggage to the final destination is the norm when transferring between international flights.

When the flights involve an internal (Domestic) flight then the norm is for the luggage to be collected and to be cleared by customs when transferring between the International and Domestic legs.
In your case you are not transferring to an Internal (Domestic) flight so your luggage should be tagged to your final destination.

In order for a passenger to collect their luggage between International flights, they first have to pass through immigration control.

So if you want to collect your luggage in SVO you will need a Russian visa (in your case a Transit Visa).

Regarding facilities in the International area of SVO (Terminal F), I do not know what facilities (if any) are available because I have never transferred between international flights in SVO

somnathpal49
Posted 2012-12-01 9:07 AM (#54128 - in reply to #54114)

Thank you Rasboinik...

Well regarding the transit visa I would like to ask, Can I get the transit visa at the SVO (Terminal F) transit area or I have to get it before boarding my flight ?
I don't have much time now to apply too, Can I get it at the airport, in case it is needed ?
Rasboinik
Posted 2012-12-01 10:14 AM (#54129 - in reply to #54128)

Expert

You cannot get a transit visa in the Airport yourself,  there is a possibility that an Airline can get a transit visa for you BUT that is only applicable if the reason that you require a transit visa is because it is the fault of the airline.

It would be considered the fault of the airline if for example:
Your flight was delayed/cancelled because of a technical problem with a connecting flight and you have to spend a night in a hotel.

Your flight was diverted to a different airport.

A passenger wanting to collect their luggage and re-check it in would not be considered a valid reason for an Airline to attempt to obtain a transit visa for the passenger.

Porkpie
Posted 2012-12-01 5:13 PM (#54130 - in reply to #54114)
Regular

somnath, have you booked these flights on a single ticket? If that's the case then there really is no need to worry yourself about visas, your luggage will be transferred automatically and you can go from the one flight to the other without having to clear customs and without needing a visa.
Transit visas can be acquired at SVO on arrival, but there are conditions such a stay of more than 24 hours for example.
somnathpal49
Posted 2012-12-02 6:54 AM (#54136 - in reply to #54114)

Thank you all of you, I am really grateful to you. I have a clear picture now.

Yes, porkpie, Both are in one ticket. Thank you
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)